Chapter 29; Vague Resonance
74 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s the same as note ripping. If I were to infuse rules that don’t exist in grimoire, it has an expiration of three hours… But what if at some point I can’t reuse this again? Gevanni partially figured that by the time he uses this assumption is where a situation that will benefit him the most.

"Lu, answer me directly," Gevanni murmured.

"You figured it out. Yes, you can't use again the expired actions. It's only for single use," Lu answered in the form of glyphs in front of Gevanni's eyes.

Shrouded in thoughts, Gevanni glanced at the clock tower. An hour passed already since the accident earlier. This place didn’t seem to be affected by that rampage.

With a short pause, “What do you think, Lu?” Gevanni asked inside his mind.

It is what you think, Master. Due to that disruption of channeling my previous master’s power inside you, your magic capabilities are greatly limited.” 

It may be first for Gevanni to be in this fantasy world, but whenever he tried talking with Lumoireux, he seemed unexpectedly easy to work with as if he used to live one before.

Izuna kept on stealing glances from Gevanni’s side when given an opportunity.

“Is there something wrong with my face?”, Finally, Gevanni noticed it. 

“It feels like we’re a brother and sister.”

“Don’t mention that again, chuuni demon.”  

I didn’t want to confess my cowardness, but I decided there’s nothing else I can do on that day. Gevanni thought as he looked down.  

“Maybe I told him something I shouldn’t have to?”

“Just forget it... It's not like it's worth thinking,” Gevanni lightly patted Izuna’s head.

I don’t have time to think about her. If Lu was right, I wasn’t supposed to use any magic. Does it mean he only implies that I can’t only use magic in this world? Or something else…  Even if Gevanni is still baffled from the mysteries of the grimoire, the deciding factor to overturn this is to pass the ordeal made by Evanslenians and put his creativity into test.

There is no way that everyone would be so accepting of the race that used to annihilate them. He genuinely believed that they were gleefully playing along with the royal’s intentions. 

 

This place is nicknamed the Travelers’ town, located in the Central City of Evanslei's Second Circle. Each traveler gives off a unique scent that reflects their jobs. What makes this place special is because barter among travelers is allowed. It’s not limited from physical products but it comes with serving magecraft as well. 

Gevanni and Izuna walked past their fellow travelers. Most of them were buffed and wearing armors appropriate for their specialties. 

Masked of false reality, an item from Herscheim. It has nifty skill to blind my enemies for a moment. For it to work, I need to maintain eye contact with the enemy for five seconds. Good thing Gamcys mention it even if it was late. Gevanni remembered the notes he wrote before the avian creature flew off earlier. 

So, is it possible to use other magic systems from other games? In Herscheim, this function is not available except magic because that would literally disturb the economy and the balance of the game. Gevanni kept on walking as he paid no attention to Izuna itching to say something.

“Pfft. He leaves me no choice. I hate this awkward silence”, Izuna mumbles. “It’s not like I’m teaching you. It would be a shame if you don’t know the common knowledge.

“What’s with that tsundere shift?”

Izuna quickly pulled her glasses from her pockets and wore it. “There are five magic series: Chaos magic, Enchantment magic, Elemental manipulation magic, and there are two others.”  

Gevanni stopped her, “It seems everyone is preparing to raid something.”

Lines of well-covered carriages were all over the place. One of the sheets fell and revealed a dead body. Its face is greatly disfigured and its chest suffered from the claws of aggressive canine. One of its passengers noticed it and signaled the driver to stop. He then stepped out and covered the dead body.

That minor inconvenience became a big deal and everyone was focused in that direction. Except for these two experienced travelers. They polished their weapons and prepared their equipment as they gaze towards Gevanni and Izuna. Their striking features is that this man had fairly long emerald hair and blue eyes while his partner is a taller female with rose colored shoulder-length hair and she wears a robe similar to mages of higher ranking.

“Chuuni demon, is there a category for the magic we use?” Gevanni asked as he and Izuna proceeded to their destination.

“Devine Seraph magic or its common name—Holy Incantation Magic, relies heavily on chants and summoning familiars.”  

“It seems Clerics—”

“Clerics?” Before Gevanni could even finish his sentence, Izuna asked him.

“I mean nurses or people capable of healing magic can use that” Gevanni clarified as he tilted his head sidewards. 

Is it just me that she doesn’t know any in-game terms?  I thought she would babble the difference between the types of healers. Ever since Gevanni was brought to this world, he used the knowledge from the fantasy RPG game ‘Herscheim’ as the basis to quickly learn this world. It was not so different after all.

 

This particular street is not covered by sunlight. Despite the gloomy situation, all merchants were full of energy and shouting and competing against each other by lowering their prices. 

“Cheap healing service for anyone!”

They desperately yelled as they slowly got customers over time. Most of them were there for the store’s specialty potion that grants various effects. It was not enough to cover their expenses for winter.

Unlike the usual practice of healing which is masking the wound by creating a second layer of skin, an individual who set up their tent stood out the most.

Various Pentagon magic sigils materialized and shattered into small pieces and went directly inside the wounds of his customers. 

The wounded were in pain until the magic took effect. What it does is replicate living cells and speed up the built in self-healing of living organisms. 

“Thank you, Doctor Naki”, the wounded were completely in tears. Instead of receiving an amputation, they were healed and shared resemblance to modern prosthetics.     

“And this is where we belong— Unknown category: Lost Magic Arts or Unique Skills. It’s self-explanatory. It seems everyone possesses this with enough practice,” Izuna pointed out.  

“By unique skills, it means the user is not limited to use only one, am I right?” Gevanni asked and got himself into thinking. In Herscheim, since anyone can create their own magic, it is only limited into creating one.  

“Yes,” Izuna nodded. “And this world’s magic system is nifty. If you set your only main skill, it costs no mana and cooldown. It’s called a trait.”   

“Then, that would be a cheat, isn’t it!?”  

Despite reacting the opposite, it became clear to Gevanni. In which, making use of mana management and situational awareness proves to be helpful in this world.

“No dumb magic users would just fire their strongest skill like dodgeball,” Izuna cheekily said.  

“I feel offended,” Gevanni replied as he felt imaginary knives were thrown at him out of nowhere.

“You looked cute even when you’re surprised, Gevanni. I really wished you were a shota and I’m your neechan,” Izuna teasingly said in a low pitch.  

“It's best if we confirm it personally. After all, this world functions like an advanced and complex mmorpg,” Gevanni disregarded that comment and made Izuna return to her chuuni character.   

“You think this world is from a game, huh?,” Izuna asked. 

“Did I say something funny?”  

“No, you might regret that later.”  

3