Book 0: Final: Exposition [First of Choosing Fate]
591 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now we’re all sitting or stand at our desk, like the regular day of the school, except our teacher is not only the same age as us most likely but also a bunny girl, not only that over half of our class are now mythical creatures or at the very least unusual. Right now everyone is rather anxious except for Sophia and Chris, and the latter is the only one like that because of what… happened to her, she look like she’s a broken down robot or something like that, Elena is guilt tripping herself hard, Cooper awkwardly stay in the tub, Leah is laying her upper body down on her desk, which look really awkward, Emma do the same.

“Alright, the class is in session, now I’m going to explain a couple things that have transpired, like what the hell just happened and how it affected each of you, as well as tell you who I am, but before that any question?” Lunia asked. Mark then raise her hand.

“Um, where’s Eric?” 

“Him? We’ll talk about that later, anything else?” She said with a scowl. No one says a word for a while…

“Good, anyway the event that cause many of you to change and everyone else to passed out is called the [Mythical Eclipse], it’s an event that essentially rewrote the world and cause changes to happen to many humans, bringing back the creatures and beings of old to the modern era, this is an event conducted by the composite sun and moon deity, combining their power using the moment where both of them aligned as well as the power they have accumulated over the years they have manage to do a worldwide scale magic. And as you can all see the result is more than just simply shocking, some aren’t quite in the realm of human anymore” The [Mythical Eclipse]... the god of sun and moon cause this? Everyone seems to take their time processing the information at the moment.

“If I may ask but what are the ratio of people changing?” Hugo speak up.

“It isn’t exactly clear but I think it’s about a quarter to three quarter, so about 75% of people on Earth actually stay as a human”

“I see” Hugo replied.

“Another question, is this reversable?” Fern asked.

“Well this is stuck as your default body so make that or what you will, your old body is permanently gone” She said scratching her cheek. So basically it’s irreversible… great…

“Any other question before we continue? Next is on the matter of each person’s changes” Lunia asked and no one answer.

“Alright then, first is Thomas, or as I call him now Tina, because that’s less masculine sounding, anyway you’re a wolf beastkin, wolf ears and tail, great physical strength, not much in term of magic, you also have the ability to will your body to be more wolf like for combat purposes and all that, aside from craving meat more than vegetable and all I have said at the beginning not much has changed” So I’m a fighter… and not much else, kinda more mundane than I expected…

“Next is Gary, a bull beastkin, you’re even more of a physical fighter than Tina is, and nowhere near as agile, not much else to add, like meat more than vegetable as well, and you’re super tall” His race is basically mine but less speed and more power, the funny thing is that he doesn’t like vegetables in the first place.

“Third is Mark, the kitsune, I’m sure you’re aware of your power by now, magic users, user of illusion and all, stuff about kitsune’s power are accurate for the most part so you could just go check it out online, kitsune unlike most you’re actually a mythical creature and not a demi-human, so you’ll be way stronger with more potential than most” A mage, is it just me or is she classifying us based on our performance in battle. But…

“What does she mean by demi-human?” I whispered to myself.

“Oh right, demi-human are humans with animal characteristics, they aren’t that special compared to something mythical, some are similar to mythical creatures but aren’t one, there’s fox beastkin and then there’s kitsune, there’s wolf beastkin and then there’s werewolf, similar but not the same, there are differences in power and abilities” Did she heard me whispering to myself?

“Anyway, fourth... Chris is the silver dragonkin, basically one of the strongest kind of the humanoid dragons, or rather all humanoid. Period. However considering her mental state at the moment she couldn’t be rely on at all” So she’s overpowered but conveniently unavailable.

“Fifth, Emma, you’re an arachne, half-spider as you can tell, you can climb on walls and stuff, producing strings, the usual spider stuff, physically strong all around and have innate darkness proficiency” 

“What do you mean by that?” Emma asked.

“The What?”

“The darkness proficiency”

“It means you will have easier time using dark magic is what I’m saying” 

“Oh, that’s… neat I guess” She said rubbing the back of her head.

“Well anyway, sixth is Tyler, now you’re a cat beastkin, pretty good in the speed category, you’ll also like fish and milk more I guess, not much else to add, also some animal habits but that’s to be expected”

“Seventh and eighth is Zoey and Hugo, you’re both elves, with Zoey being a dark elf specifically, elves are proficient in light magic while dark elves are proficient in dark magic, fun fact there’s a chance Zoey will be the last of her kind”

“W-What do you mean by that?” Zoey asked nervously.

“Dark elf is an extinct race, and none are alive in the present day until one of the humans get turned into one, like you for example, there might be more like you but it’s unlikely”

“Hold on, but the fact you haven’t mentioned me seems to imply that elves still existed in this world” Hugo said, yeah that’s true.

“From what I know elves are still alive in this world, they’re just very good at hiding, dark elves meanwhile are all eradicated already”

“Ninth is Elena… you’re a vampire as you can most likely tell, a true ancestor in fact, the strongest kind of vampire, no BS weakness like in those legends and the thirst for blood in nowhere near as profound” So she actually get the better end of the deal for a vampire… but it’s pretty clear that doesn’t quite cheer her up.

“Tenth is Leah, the hermaphrodite centaur, obviously running on four you’re very fast on ground, also a lot of stamina, no notable weakness or strength aside from horse related stuff, though the fact that you’re good with archery fit quite well with one very famous centaur”

“Eleventh is Cooper, now a mermaid, good with water obviously, more comfortable in water than on land, you would have the ability to replace your lower body with that of a human if you’re skilled enough but you literally have been one for an hour at most”

“Twelfth, Kevin… you’re also a hermaphrodite, only with unicorn horn and tail instead of a lower body being that of a horse, good with life and light magic” Wait he is!? I think I saw his jaw dropped for a second and him touching his body right now, subtly of course.

“Thirteenth, Fern, a dryad, spirit of the plants, obviously comfortable and gain

power from them, basically is a plant, can control them of course, there’s more to them but you could just look them up” Not sure why she’s so half-assed about some of this but I’d rather not press her.

“Fourteenth, Aniya you’re a fire dragonkin, humanoid dragon that is very proficient in fire element and basically nothing else, extremely strong and fast, very durable and not half bad magic as well, also fly” So she’s just absurd, probably not as Chris but unlike her she’s… not a mess.

“And finally Lilian, you’re a harpy… you also have wings, but also claws, you can fly, also wind proficiency” Seems like she can’t think much about something positive about harpy.

“Anyway that’s everyone who’s changed, as for the rest of you… not sure if it’s good or bad that you aren’t but that’s up to you, humans are weak, like on the lower end of pretty much at everything aside from above average proficiency in every element, and even then their magic prowess aren’t particularly high” So we’re much stronger than those that aren’t changed then, seems like Adam isn’t so thrilled about it, Gavin is just chilling, and Sophia is rather smug, like she’s confident she’s still the strongest, I mean she’s so abnormally strong before now it’s just normal strong with supernatural people around, then again considering she seems to know about what’s going on like Lunia did maybe she’s not so normal after all.

“Alright any questions?” Fern then raises her hand.

“What do dryad eats?” Fern asked.

“Pretty sure they only need things that plants usually needs, though human food can be used to accommodate”

“Alright”

“Anything else?” Cooper then raised her hand.

“How am I suppose to learn to get my legs back?”

“Try practicing magic and focus on trying to turn your fish part into legs or something”

“And how am I suppose to practice magic?” She asked.

“It’s like how they usually are in fiction, concentrate on energy around you, try to feel the power inside your body, all that stuff, not sure why it doesn’t work but it should now, anyway anything else?” She said dismissively. Leah raised her hand.

“I-Is there anyway to cover my lower body? Or made it normal like what Cooper could do?” 

“Mine too!” Emma followed. Lunia think for a while then her eyes widen.

“... Actually your race should be able to do that, it shouldn’t be different from how she did it, but from what I know if your form changed significantly from your original one maintaining it is going to be difficult, so you two will have a harder time than her”

“Oh thank god” Emma let out a sigh on relief, so is Leah.

“Maybe one more question before we move on to the next topic, anyone?” I look around and no one seems to have any question at the moment, I look to see Elena still horrified by her actions, maybe I should ask something about her in her place. I then raised my hand.

“What is it?” Lunia asked.

“... When will the vampire’s thirst resurfaced?” That is the question that comes to my mind first, everyone look at me slightly puzzled by my question, but it seems they slowly realize why I asked that then look away.

“Excellent question, the answer to that actually varied based on how much blood said vampire consumed, as well as what type of vampire they are, the inferior they are the more they feel thirst, but since the one we have is a true ancestor I’ll answer based on that, about half a week on average when they’ll feel the thirst for blood again if they simply consumed enough to longer have the thirst, but if they went further than that it can take a week or so til it resurfaced, so basically quite a while” I nodded and turn to look at Elena who seems to be listening as well, still clearly distraught.

“All right! Time to get onto the next topic, my identity! Before I reveal it why not take some guesses? I’m sure some of you have seen me before” She does look somewhat familiar, but I can’t quite pinpoint it so I don’t know for certain. Suddenly Gary raised her hand.

“You’re one of the top player of X-VR Luna Hayate! The speed demon bunny!” She remarked, I don’t play VR games so I have no idea about her being quite a famous figure there. So she’s a bunny in the game and now she’s one IRL.

“Yeah that’s me, doesn’t quite answer the question though, I’m sure some of you have seen me outside of school before” Have we? I mean I think I heard her voice from somewhere… I’m not exactly sure though.

“Ah! I’ve saw you with Sophia before! Your hair was black back then though!” Emma suddenly speak up, was she?... Oh! I remember someone was hanging out with Sophia after school, but I thought I was just imagining things! So that was her! I must’ve heard her voice back then then.

“Yep, that’s me, alright, one last identity, I’m sure you can guess by process of elimination” She said, grimaced a little. Hugo then raised his hand.

“You’re Eric aren’t you?” He said cautiously. Lumpia’s ear twitch slightly, is she really Eric? She acts very differently from him.

“... Yep, you got me, I’m Eric, or in a more accurate term Eric is me” 

“What does that mean?” Mark replied.

“... Eric is just an identity I use, an identity I use when out there in the society at large, like at this school. This” She said while pointing to myself.

“How I look and act right now is the real me, my name is Lunia Hernandez, emissary of the moon” … Is she serious about that? Everyone’s eyes widen except for Sophia and Chris. Suddenly a surge of power hit all of us, what’s going on?

“Emissary of the moon? You’re joking right? You being Eric is one thing but this is too far!” Gary speak up.

“Nope, one hundred percent true, and as the emissary of the moon I shouldn’t even be helping you right now, but I did anyway, so I hope this at least make up to you all for keeping secrets from all of you” So this isn’t something she was ordered to do.

“What do you mean you shouldn’t help?” Fern asked.

“This event was conducted to test humanity, how they’ll fare when one day everything changes, and as someone under the direct command of one of the perpetrators I wasn’t supposed to help out as I might muddied the results, I was suppose to stay neutral in whatever conflicts might ensue, anyway right now I’m giving you all a heads up, hope you make best of all the information given, I’ll be going now and watch from the sideline, might be helping out sometimes but this is goodbye for now, oh also Sophia’s my girlfriend so I’ll be taking her as well” As soon as she said that Sophia leaps into her arms, catching her and embrace her, then look back at us.

“Oh, and one more thing is that the world will definitely be shrouded in chaos with the changes going on, so there probably won’t be any school for a while”

And a flash of light envelopes the room…

Then both of them are gone…

What can we do now?

Everyone including myself are all incredibly perplexed by the information we have received… in the worst case scenario we could all be killed by whatever will be thrown our way… 

What can we do? What can any of us do?...

...

First book of self-discovery shall be lead by four souls (Top 4 will be P.O.V Protag of Book 1)
  • Lunia Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Sophia Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Thomas/Tina Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Gary Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maya Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emma Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyler Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoey Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gavin Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elena Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Adam Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leah Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Cooper Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Kevin Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fern Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Hugo Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aniya Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lilian Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 13 · This poll was closed on Jan 18, 2020 11:00 AM.
6