Book 1: Chapter 3: Tina: Comfort and Trying Things
291 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<01:34 PM | 26 minutes before chaos>

 

“Chris!” I said once more looking at the previously a shameless flirt now reduce to a broken girl, it’s surreal seeing this happened, but regardless of who she used to be I can’t leave her alone.

She simply stared at me terrified, seems like words won’t be getting through her.

*Tap*

“Eeeek!” She squealed out a sound, must be surprised by me suddenly tapping her shoulder, I can tell what’s she been through… it’s very uncomfortable to think about, and she can’t think straight at all, before I have no idea how I can easily understand someone or sometime looking into the future itself, but now I know. [Precognition], not does it do as the name implies, it also allowed me to see through someone like a physic as well… shouldn’t the name be something else then? Whatever. Not important. Right now she’s backing away quickly, leaning against a wall right now, there’s no window on that side for her to jump out. Also everyone saw what is going on and is looking at me questionably right now, not that it’s an uncommon sight anyway, I’m over it.

*Dash*

*Pin*

“NOOOOO!!!” I know full well what I’m doing is no different to what that girl did to her, at least from the little I see the glimpse of, but I’m not letting her go anywhere until we sort this out. Though I should also appraise her as well.

[Apprasial]

 

Name: Chris Bell

Gender: Female

Age: 18

Race: Silver Dragonkin

 

Level: 21

Class: Student

HP: 1,743/1,743

MP: 165/165

Strength: 119

Magical Prowess: 117

Dexterity: 112

Agility: 115

Luck: 100

Vitality: 119

Magical Resistance: 119

 

Weapon Proficiency

Hidden Weapon: E

 

Race Trait: [Godly Dragon Scale] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration]

 

Let’s appraise this [Godly Dragon Scale], seems overpowered.

[Apprasial]

 

[Godly Dragon Scale]: Reduce damage taken by half, major boost to ailment/debuff resistance.

 

Yeah combining with her regeneration how the hell is anyone supposed to beat her? Heck right now she could easily beat me with her raw strength, yet she doesn’t do anything, poor girl… can’t believe I said that to Chris of all people, but this is no time for that!

“Chris!” I yelled in her face hoping for her to finally speak up for real, but she seems to be breaking down even more now, I think she needs a hug.

*Hug*

I did so as tightly as I could, not that she’ll feel that uncomfortable anyway.

“Stop sulking like that! She’s not here anymore! You can stop!” I said tightening my grip, not letting go, but I could tell her face isn’t getting better just yet, nor is her mental state, she’s shaking badly right now, trying to make me let go but unable to found enough strength to let go.

“None of us is going to let that happened again! You can bet on that!” I said to her, tightened my grip even further, her body start to shake less, but that’s not good enough. I need to get through her, need to be more assertive of this situation, I stare at her, with her noticing me doing so and flinched a little. By the way she’s bigger than me, not sure how to feel about that, make looking at her from here a bit awkward.

“You can count on me okay? You should also get a grip already! You were never like this! I know you can recover!” I said shaking her a little, then letter go of her. She still look hella nervous and anxious, but I think this is certainly an improvement. I gave her a thumbs up and a smile. She looks perplexed more than anything else, if I go any further then perhaps she’ll get even worse, so I’d rather not do that…

Hm? Is it just me or are some of the girls looking at me a bit weird? Must’ve been my imagination, must be! … I think I should go back to the three now… 

“Freaking normie” Hm? Who said that I wonder? Oh, it’s Adam, what’s wrong I wonder?

“What is it Adam?” I said looking at him, he seems to be taken off guard.

“N-Nothing” He said looking away, he seems to panic a little. That one is certainly not an imagination. Well, I’m not gonna press it. Let’s just go back to those three already… why are all three looking at me like that?

“Is this turning into a Harem anime or something?” What do you mean by that Mark!?

“Usually it doesn’t lead to a good end in most game” Gary commented, not that it helped, and I still have no idea what she meant by that either.

“Here I thought I was the… nevermind” Why are you saying that and looking away Elena!? Please tell me what’s going on?

“What in the actual hell are you three talking about?” I said sounding a little frustrated with a lot of confusion.

“““Nothing important””” As if I’ll believe that and why are you three saying it in perfect synchronization? Somehow I know it’s a topic that I most likely don’t want to discuss but even then I’m a little curious.

“Can’t you tell me?” I said to them.

“““Nope””” Again with the perfect synchronization. Alright, I’ll drop the subject for now.

“... Fine, anyway what should we do now?” I said to them.

“We should try out magic” Mark suggested.

“I haven’t tried out my new strength yet” Gary remarked.

“I-I… don’t know what I should do next, I’m sorry” Elena sorrowfully said.

“Don’t be like that” I said in a comforting tone. Look at her with a gentle face. Seeing it seems to make her feel a little better, anyway, test of strength sounds good, while we most likely won’t be using it, there’s still benefit in knowing it outside of the battle… at this point I think I jinx us into having to fight already so whatever.

“Try stuff sounds good, but should we do it in here?” I said to them.

“Definitely not” Mark immediately answer.

“We should certainly do this outside” Gary added. Yeah, that’s about what I thought. There’s one more thing on my mind.

“I think we should invite other people as well” I said to them.

“I mean.. that’s up to you” Mark replied.

“Yeah, you should ask them yourself, I’m fine with either” Gary added again. I guess I’ll just call out to everyone then, hopefully they’ll responded. I walk to the front of the class...

“Hey everyone!” I shouted out to them, everyone turn their head toward me.

“Let’s get outside and try out some stuff?” I said in an enthusiastic tone.

“Like what?” Hugo asked.

“I mean… don’t you want to see what we can all do now?” I replied.

“Sure” He flatly replied. Good.

“Anyway what you the rest of you?” I said with a smiley face. All of them seems to agree… except Chris who is still processing. I’ll just drag her along.

*Grab*

“Alright! Let’s go to the gym!”

 

#####

<01:41 PM | 19 minutes before chaos>

 

After a while we cleared up the bodies lying around, now time to try stuff out.

“Alright! I’ll go first!” I excitedly said.

*Dash*

Yep, certainly feel faster than before, stronger overall, but nothing out of the ordinary…

*Stop*

No wait there certainly is! I should be more self-conscious of this! Does anyone see anything weird?... Doesn’t seem to be the case, thank god, actually I think the fact that my boobs is not big is quite a blessing right now. Everyone is sitting on the seats right now, then Mark stands up.

“Alright, let me try something” She said while walking toward the center.

“Okay, guess I’ll go sit over there now” I said that and go sit with everyone else.

What the heck is she trying to do I wonder? She’s putting one of her arm in front of her.

For some reason there’s a period of awkward silence.

“... [Amber]!” She then suddenly yelled out a spell of some kind?

*Lit*

Whoa! A small fire fly from her! What the heck was that? Seems like everyone else is also in awe… how did she know how this works? I quickly stand up and rush toward her. The flame already dissipated.

“What the heck was that? How did you do that?” I said to her, very curious how she know how spells work already.

“Magic” She said proudly.

“Yeah, but how?” I asked her earnestly.

“Reading web novel” … What?

“Excuse me?” I said to her, absolutely flabbergasted.

“There was one web novel with the same kind of interface, the title is kinda long, and if I remembered correctly the writer is a Japanese person with a username of Solniday” That’s quite a meaty amount of information, I think I should go look it up later.

“What’s the… novel’s name?”

“Just search for {Removed to not look like I’m shamelessly plugging my other work} or something, it’s not very popular as far as I know” I see, but a story with the same kind of interface? That’s suspicious.

“Anyway, I might as well talk about how it works, if it’s align with the web novel I was talking about” She said looking at others.

“There are a lot of elements when it comes to magic, fire, cold, water, lightning, wind, earth, light, dark, life, death, space, and time” That’s a lot of elements.

“That’s a lot… can you tell us what each of them do?” I asked her.

“I didn’t think the author went that far in explaining it” She quickly replied. Well that’s a bummer.

“Anyway there are a few way to cast spells as far as I remember, spelling out the spell, mentally casting it, which is harder, singing something, or playing music, or… there’s a lot so let’s not list them all” She said, how come when one exposition-ner go away another one take her place?

“Is that why you seems to figure things out so quickly?” I asked.

“Yep, when you see a lot of this kind of things you kinda figured it out quickly” She replied.

“So can I try as well?” I quickly asked. She ponders a bit while looking at me.

“Yeah sure, though I’m not sure which elements you’re good at, you should try spelling out something to see if it works” She said.

“Alright, let’s do it!” I said hyping myself.

“You may have trouble feeling the mana, the reason why I’m struggling a bit back then” Whatever, let’s do this!

 

#####

<01:47 PM | 13 minutes before chaos>

 

I have no idea how many time I embarrass myself… I try fire related names, water related names, ice related names, and all that… none of them worked…

“I-I think maybe you should try one of the more unconventional elements, like light or dark” Make said to me, she herself

“Okay! [Dark]!”

*Dim*

“Whoa!” I said as I feel slightly drained and the front of me suddenly went dark for a few seconds.

“Hey, you actually did it” Mark said to me.

“I certainly did!” I said with a smile on my face. I look at the classmates on the stand who at this point is pondering among themselves, seems like they’re thinking about what they can do

“Oh! Right! Elena! Come over here!” Mark suddenly spoke up, inviting Elena, who slowly come down and approach Mark.

“What is it?” She said trying to sound indifferent but clearly anxious.

“The novel actually explains how your vampiric abilities worked, at least a little, you just have to chat some sort of command with a blood prefix, like [Blood Shield] or [Blood Maiden]. That’s how your [Blood Art] works,of course you must have the clear intention of using it, how about you try saying [Blood Spikes]?” She said so to her, I sure hope Elena doesn’t become terrified of her own power, heck I don’t want anyone to be like that in general.

“B-[Blood Spikes]!” As soon as she yelled out the art, blood manifest out of her and quickly flow into the ground, the sprouting from the ground as many spikes… all of this happened in a second or two.

“Whoa” I said looking at the crystallized blood on the ground, they are clattered everywhere and look very unorganized without any specific pattern, perhaps how it’s displayed is based on the user’s intention? I turn to look at Elena who was greatly shocked by the scene she has created.

“Elena, no need to worry” I stand up and said so to her, trying to assure her, I gave a her smile just like always, seems like that helped out.

“Yep, there’s nothing to worry about, now let’s try out other things as well, I wonder if anyone wants to try anything?” She said so while looking at the stands where everyone is sitting at.

 

Who wants to try things out I wonder? (Top 4)
  • Gary Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emma Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoey Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Leah Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooper Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Kevin Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fern Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Hugo Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aniyah Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lilian Votes: 1 20.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Feb 3, 2020 12:14 PM.
3