Book 1: Chapter 6: Lunia: Chaos in Stride
217 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<02:02 PM>

 

The whole thing is a lot more hellish than I thought, even though life as it is is terrible now it’s gotten worse, I don’t know how they’re doing but I hope it’s nothing bad, I still have a conscience regardless of how much of it have been replaced with other things, I mean the fact that I don’t mind the extra amount of influence she has over me now is very unsettling, of course if she tried to do something to Sophia then even if she’ll cast me to the depths of hell, which doesn’t exist, I wouldn’t falter. Anyway enough about that line of thought and let’s think about something else, like how to take advantage of the situation somehow, from what I see people are either fighting, screaming, or fainted.

“What do you think of the situation Sophia?” I said glancing at her, she seems to be less than enthusiastic about the whole thing actually, can’t blame her on that, just sitting around watching can’t be that fun, especially without a background music and over the top sound effects. Anyway I think we should try stuff, this might be the only time we can do something outrageous and get away with it, now that the world is like this.

“I wanna get into some action already!” Sophia suddenly yelled out, yeah that’s what I thought.

“Sure go ahead, I’ll do some crazy stuff myself, let’s enjoy it the best we can, of course no killing if possible” I said to her in a relatively causal tone. Then I stand up reading to do said crazy stunt, right now we’re on a ten story building, jumping down there will be a certain death, I of course have no need to worry about that.

*Leap*

“Whoa!” Sophia let out in surprise seeing me jump off the building, I might survive a ten story fall, but not completely unscathed, so let’s fly.

*Flap* *Flap* *Flap*

Sounds of wings can be heard, it’s mine of course, a pair of jet black bat wings, I think I should put on a glamor before I go any further, can’t exactly have people figured out who I am. Let’s get rid of the ears and tail, that should be enough. I think some people saw me before that, and I can’t have that. Pointing at the possible witnesses, I began shooting.

*[Light Bullet]* *[Light Bullet]* *[Light Bullet]* *[Light Bullet]* *[Light Bullet]*

Keep shooting and keep shooting, I’m not sure if they survived or not, but at least they should be too traumatized to say anything. Right? Anyway where was I? Ah, I just realized I might implicate my uncle looking like this, should change my hair color as well, let’s change it to red, yeah, that should work. I wonder how Sophia is doing? Oh? She’s dropping down using wind magic to slow the fall, good thing she isn’t wearing a skirt right now, otherwise people would see her panties, and I would be less than enthusiastic about that happening that much I can say. Anyway back to what I was doing, there’s some people fighting over there, I hover down a little, seems like they’re arguing as well, seems like one group is religious or something. Ridiculous. The omnipotent one does not exist, at least not in the way you imagine. Let’s see how they fare against power from a god’s familiar.

*[Thunder Drop]*

*Zam*

A pillar of electricity descend on the fanatics, frying them alive, the other group are understandably terrified but also relieved. Oh? Looking at me are they? Let’s give them a little scare. Putting my arm in front of me and open my palm, it looks like I’m going to shoot something, and that’s exactly what I planned to do. 

*[Fire Ball]*

A ball of flame then blast out of my hand and heading toward the others, like a smart person would they run away, I adjust the power and speed to be pretty low so they could survive, now that I think about it why was I attacking them again? Whatever… hm? I think I saw a group of people gathering around that vehicle, what are they doing? Maybe an arrow shot will scare them off. Getting out the bow from my [Item Box], as well as a special arrow, I ready my bow and shot at the target, being the group of people there.

*Shot*

I didn’t exactly hold back the shot, so it fly at an extremely ridiculous speed and pierce multiple people at once, leaving them for dead, and the arrow return to me, storing both of them I fly down to see the content of the truck, hmm, seems like it’s a money truck, and everyone was trying to get it, is this place full of criminals or something? Whatever, might as well take this for myself.

“Oi! That was mine you bitch!” …

*[Earth Spike]*

And he can just die, getting pierce by the earth, anyway, time to store these money away for my own use, I know exactly what I should do, with the world becoming more dangerous than ever, I need something to help Sophia survive, and this thing will certainly help. Anyway how is she right now? Seems like she’s beating up some people rushing at her, a bunch of the changed seems to get full of themselves, while not completely unwarranted as they not only become those of the stronger race (usually), they also receive bigger boost to their status, while the unchanged receive 10 level ups, the changed receive 15 level ups, the gap is pretty big if the two of the same power were to change differently and be compared, not that it’ll work on Sophia though, considering her status.

[Apprasial]

 

Name: Sophia Hayes

Gender: Female

Age: 18

Race: Human

 

Level: 170

Class: Brawler

HP: 29,098/29,098

MP: 898/898

Strength: 623

Magical Prowess: 623

Dexterity: 534

Agility: 765

Luck: 666

Vitality: 609

Magical Resistance: 607

 

Title: [Alternate .- ͇̇-̢̙̔̕ ͍̞̾̌̽͜-̡͔͇̙̈͗͑͂-̛͙̫͗͐͟͟͡-̥̻͒͐ ̢̜̬̉̈̓͟͝-̡̙͗̒́ͅ.̡̤̫͆̆̇ ̮͓̠̥͎̊̆̇͘͡.̧̖̯́͛̍ .͈̭͈̽̌̊-͍̺̱́͌̚.̜̜͓̳̌̏͐́ ̙͚͆͂͟͞.͔͕̱͌̔͋.̜̂̏ͅ.̹̖̉̿.̹́.̩̩̖͍͗̆͂͆͘͟.̝̎.̥̌ ̲̕]

Special Trait: [EXP Boost] [Growth Boost]

Special Ability: [Casualty Alteration] [Synchronization .- ͇̇-̢̙̔̕ ͍̞̾̌̽͜-̡͔͇̙̈͗͑͂-̛͙̫͗͐͟͟͡-̥̻͒͐ ̢̜̬̉̈̓͟͝-̡̙͗̒́ͅ.̡̤̫͆̆̇ ̮͓̠̥͎̊̆̇͘͡.̧̖̯́͛̍ .͈̭͈̽̌̊-͍̺̱́͌̚.̜̜͓̳̌̏͐́ ̙͚͆͂͟͞.͔͕̱͌̔͋.̜̂̏ͅ.̹̖̉̿.̹́.̩̩̖͍͗̆͂͆͘͟.̝̎.̥̌ (Locked)]

 

Weapon Proficiency 

Sword: B

Polearm: C+

Axe: C

Bow: D

Brawl: A+

Hidden Weapon: C

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: B+

Cold: C

Water: B

Lightning: C

Wind: B

Earth: C

Light: B

Dark: B

Life: C

Death: C

Mind: D

Space: D+

Time: D+

 

She’s much higher level than pretty much everyone else at this point roughly, not counting things like the hidden elves, the descendants, some high tech robot, or those who can travel between realities, and of course the gods and myself, she’s the strongest around. Uncle might give her some trouble if their level gap gets lower though. Anyway that’s not important, what’s important is that she can curbstomp everyone here right now, and that’s exactly what she’s doing right now. Punching one guy in the stomach so hard he’s sent flying and spilling out blood, another get a roundhouse kick that nearly decapitate him, one unfortunate fellow get hit in the weak point, and so forth, she seems to love beating these people up. Anyway time to steal the entire thing and get out of here.

*Bang*

Oh crap… I forgot… guns.

“Fuck that hurt!” Sophia yelled out, despite the fact that it only grazed her. The thing about guns is that unlike most weapon it doesn’t rely on stats at all, and it does huge amount of damage, even those with level in the hundred will get seriously hurt, anyway I have to heal her.

*[Heal]*

“Thanks!” Sophia said glancing at me and continue beating people up, I’m pretty sure some of them actually died and now she’s gaining level little by little, anyway I have to destroy any camera around here now, actually I should’ve put up a glamour for her first, and now that I think about it I didn’t think things through this time around, and even a good reason to fight aside from the fact that we never really have one before, gonna have to deal with the issue soon, anyway time to destroy the evidence, any people around us and anything that managed to record Sophia. Gonna be tough for sure.

 

#####

<02:12 PM>

 

“And that’s everything done” I said dusting myself and looking at the carnage, right now both of us should be invisible, there are some policemen around and they’re certainly unsure of who cause this whole mess, anyway time for us to go home and rest.

“Now let’s go home” I said to Sophia and both of us began to move out.

 

#####

<02:14 PM>

 

“So how was fighting?” I asked Sophia who is resting on my lap right now, she’s quite cute I must say, even if others might not see it. Right now we’re just chilling, I actually don’t have a TV installed since I never use them anyway, checking the news and such I use my phone instead, and right now there’s no news popping up, then again I doubt they can recover their composure to report anything in just 14 minutes, especially with how things are now, anyway I also need to look up something online as well.

“It was pretty thrilling if not as… heart racing as I thought it would be” She replied looking at me.

“Well when you’re stronger than them multiple times over of course it’s not gonna make you feel alert and nerve wracking” I replied in the a casual tone despite the fact that we were fighting and killing people, I know I wouldn’t feel much about it, but to think Sophia is like that as well… a little unsettling to be perfectly honest, but if I said that to her then she’ll definitely think I don’t trust her in keeping herself in check. Anyway about what I researched… let’s see… jade, cinnabar, hematite, gold, mercury… or just simply asking Tsulemis for it… feels like the latter option will just cheapen it, as if it didn’t do that already. While I kinda know how it’s made already but I want to double check, mind make real after all, if this is what humanity thinks will result in it, then that’s what it shall be. Anyway I have to somehow get all five ingredients and mix them up, it’s gonna be quite a while before I can actually order anything online, so I have to wait or hunt them down myself… well, like anything can go wrong with the latter option anyway, not, anyway I think I shouldn’t try any dangerous activities, might end up endangering the classmates with so many of them changed, if I did something people are gonna attribute that to every non-human, can’t exactly have that, and I already dig a hole for them with what I just did, even if the evidences and witnesses have been taking care of, of course if that’s the case then finding the ingredients are gonna be a lot harder, jade and gold can be bought as part of a jewelry, mercury can also be bought, cinnabar and hematite I think will be harder to find, but I’ll manage somehow…

“Lunia you’re thinking something difficult aren’t you?” Hm? Did she managed to read me? Quite sharp of her, or maybe because we have been a couple for two years now she can just tell, well, it’s the same for me as well so of course it’s the same for her,

“Yep, don’t worry though, nothing dangerous, and not gonna take any time off us being together either I can assure you” I said while patting her head, she resisted for a bit but quickly gives up.

“Well if you said so” She said in a sleepy tone and I keep petting her, again the situation seems like it should’ve been reversed but that’s certainly not the case. Well, perhaps it’s time for us to do something… a little more intimate.

*Lift*

“Wha!?” I stand up while lifting her into a bridal carry, just the usual routine really, time to go to the bedroom~

“Time to embrace ourselves more intimately” I actually just means cuddle in bed and cure our little fatigue, I don’t have the mood for sex right now, with everything going on, hopefully Sophia get what I mean.

3