Book 1: Chapter 10: Tina: Practice and Nervous Call
172 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<02:20 PM>

 

Well Chris actually humored us in the end, honestly she doesn’t look bad in the dress, I’m not really sure about myself to be honest, certainly way better than that time Eric, errrr, Lunia dared me to do it, though I would still rather not wear dress, especially when I may have to run away from a lot of stuff outside, I think just a jacket and shirt is fine, I still have to wear girl’s stuff though, really have to get used to those, still nothing from dad, and honestly I’m not sure what the heck am I supposed to do while I wait for them to arrive, I mean there’s not much us three can do right now except wait and maybe watch the news, which I have checked and it’s not really informative at all and what Lunia said to us it pretty much the entire story, what the most concerning is how the government will deal with this but I also really don’t want to think about politics and laws, I mean if anyone tried to bring them up then World War V might actually happened, then again considering what happened in Eastern Europe that people have been talking about World War V most likely will happen anyway, wait I got side tracked, where was I? Right the what the heck are we supposed to do at this point and time, I know that there’s not else we can do right now, the world outside is hell, and inside there’s really nothing we can do… hmmm…

“Chris” I spoke up.

“W-What?” She said, stuttering, she’s still not mentally stable that’s for sure.

“Have to tried out magic yet?” I asked.

“Magic?” Mom suddenly said so curiously.

“Ah, right, magic is a thing now, I haven’t really told you the full story yet have I?” About the eclipse, Lunia, and the magic and the system, I really haven’t told her anything at all, I really should do so from the beginning.

“No” Chris said quietly, well considering how she is right now it’s not really a surprise.

“Well there’s this weird rainbow thing, I’m sure you’ve seen it right?” I asked.

“Yeah, I can see a rainbow flashes before my eyes and then everything turn dull then I passed out and then I-”

“Okay okay I get it mom” I cut her off, knowing the rest of the story already.

“The thing is that whatever that rainbow is cause part of the people in this world to change races, at least I think that’s how it is, also everyone became stronger and there’s a game system of some sort now, it’s strange and honestly I don’t want to explain it” That’s what I said to her, she doesn’t really play games so explaining it to her is gonna be hard.

“This is all… really darn strange, son you’re not messing with me are you?” Mom asked, honestly the fact that she called me son despite me being a girl right now looks really awkward… now that I think about it other people still called me Thomas, well everyone expect Lunia who called me Tina instead, I’m not really a type of person who cared about gender stuff, anything goes for me, but from here on out since I’m going to live my life as a girl, which is going to be somewhat difficult to adjust I’d imagine, I might as well get a girl name as well.

“Mom, I know it’s a bit of a strange request, but since I’m a girl from here on out please don’t call me your son, it’s really strange and awkward, also call me Tina” I said to her, she seems surprised by my response before looking like she’s thinking about it for a moment…

“Well if that’s what you want that’s fine with me” She said with a smile.

“Ah, also about the whole system magic thing… I’m serious, please try thinking [Appraisal] to someone, or yourself” I said to her…

“Okay I’ll try” She replied…

Then she jumped, a natural reaction obviously.

“Wha? This is really strange…” She said.

“Yeah no kidding, I’m honestly overwhelmed by this whole thing as well” I said while scratching my cheek.

“Well I’m trying magic… if that’s fine with you” I said, she ponders over it for a while.

“As long as it isn’t risky then it’s fine” She replied.

“Thank you!” I quickly replied back myself and walk to the other side of the living room that’s pretty empty, this is the spot for playing some party games, but right now I’m going to try more magic! I’m not completely sure how to practice this to be completely honest, but I’ll try somehow… the heck should I try? I mean I did try dark magic and it did work… um… maybe that dark swing Zoey did… let’s try! Need to concentrate! Hopefully nothing is nearby… okay! Let’s do this!

“Dark Swing!” …Um… I don’t see a dark trail or anything… Maybe I should try the [Dark] spell… stretching a little and let’s start!

“[Dark]” 

*Dim*

The area in front of my hand went dark for a second, I think I should try some more, now that I think about it doesn’t this use MP? I should keep checking of my MP.

[Appraisal]

 

MP: 96/102

 

So 6 MP per cast… I might as well try until I ran out of MP, though I’m not sure what the heck will happen if I try to cast magic when my MP ran out.

“[Dark]!” Maybe I could keep the spell going!... I think I sorta get it? Let’s try again!

“[Dark]... [Dark]… [Dark]… [Dark]… [Dark]… [Dark]… [Dark]… [Dark]… [Dark]… [Dark]… [Dark]…” That was more tiring than I thought… I wonder if that actually help with me with the elemental proficiency thing… maybe I should try checking myself again, using [Appraisal] and see if I changed in anyway at all.

[Appraisal]

 

Name: Thomas Reed

Gender: Female

Age: 18

Race: Wolf Beastkin

 

Level: 21

Class: Student

HP: 1,038/1,038

MP: 7/105

Strength: 98

Magical Prowess: 74

Dexterity: 88

Agility: 105

Luck: 93

Vitality: 75

Magical Resistance: 69

 

Weapon Proficiency

Hidden Weapon: E

 

Elemental Proficiency

Dark: E+

 

Race Trait: [Intimidation] [Wolf Trait Forming] 

Special Ability: [Precognition]

 

Huh? I get that now it shows that I actually use dark magic but what’s with the increase in MP? I just use magic for a bit, it didn’t even really do anything… huh, how does that work? Well I guess I’ll take a rest for now, I don’t think I can use magic for a while… Just sitting down on the sofa… mom look a bit puzzled as to what I just did, I mean it’s understandable why she looked that way, also Chris is still curling up in a ball looking very sad right now, poor guy, or girl, or whatever she wanted to be called, I know she needs time to recover but there’s really not much time for what with everything going on, for my intuition… or rather the [Recognition] ability I have, tells me that in a day or so something way worse will happened… why did I even have this skill? I really don’t get any of this… all I know is that this isn’t a situation where everyone will come out alive and well, and in her case it might break her even more, she might be considered member of one of the strongest race or whatever, but strength wouldn’t help her in coping and recovering with this… anyway what else should I try? Aside from waiting for the next event to come up and practicing stuff I really don’t have any idea of what to do next, Chris could honestly use more comfort, like hugs or maybe head patting? No that latter option was weird, no way I would do that and she’ll feel any better… need to think of something else… ahhh I get nothing, so much for being a psychic or clairvoyant or whatever, I’m really not that bright am I? Maybe I should sit around and wait for the main event to start? Like hell I’m actually gonna sit around… maybe I should call someone and talk and stuff… maybe one of the classmates? But who? ...Maybe I should check my phone and look through the school discord group… huh… doesn’t seem like anyone is online, go figure… how about Lunia… I mean she’s like the one knowing the full situation, but then again she doesn’t really want to deal with taking care of us or something of the sort… am I going to be fine calling her? I really don’t really know what she’ll do if I called her, she’s clearly not above using violence, and for all I know she might strangle me later for interrupting her by calling her… the heck am I saying she’s not gonna do that.

*Call* *Gulp*

I know she’s not going to kill me for it… but I certainly think she might try something on me because of it…

“Tina?” Mom suddenly said seeing me clearly nervous.

“Don’t worry mom, just a call, nothing to worry about, please give Chris company while I’m doing this” She simple nodded hearing me…

“Hi there Tina, how are you doing” Lunia said in quite a chilling tone, honestly my hand shake a little.

“Lunia, I want to ask a few things if that’s alright with you” I said trying to sound calm as well, I feel really tense just calling her, honestly I really shouldn’t feel this way toward a friend, even if they don’t act much like one themselves, but considering how obviously powerful she must be as essentially a servant of a god, you really can’t stay calm.

“Well I’m free at the moment, not off the sofa but you know what I mean” I sorta do and don’t?

“Like you’re not doing anything but you’re not moving off the sofa? Something along those line?” I replied.

“Yeah that, anyway what do you want to ask?” She said, I have a few things that I certainly want to know about, like the system or what can I do with magic and such.

“Is there anything I should know more about the system? And the fact that magic as a whole exist at this point” I asked.

“Ah, well when it comes to the system, the World System, it can be use to check your potential and other minor details, not that there’s much need in using it mind you, try out [Value Check] and see what you get” She replied, I’m not sure if it’ll work or is she messing with me, but couldn’t hurt… 

[Value Check]

 

Name: Thomas Reed

Gender: Female

Age: 18

Race: Wolf Beastkin

 

Growth Rate

HP: (37)

MP: (29)

Strength: (33)

Magical Prowess: (29)

Dexterity: (33)

Agility: (35)

Luck: (36)

Vitality: (31)

Magical Resistance: (29)

 

Talents

Sword()

Polearms()

Axe()

Bow()

Brawl(+)

Hidden Weapon()

Gun()

Shield()

Fire()

Cold()

Water()

Wind(+)

Lightning(+)

Earth()

Light()

Dark(+)

Life()

Death()

Mind()

Space()

Time()

 

Hidden Value

EXP Modifier: 1x

Mana Manipulation: E+

Aliment/Status Resistance: D

Environmental Resistance: D

Regeneration Rate: 0.008% HP/second

Mana Regeneration Rate: 0.0059% MP/second

 

...Good deal of information came out of nowhere… I’m not really sure what to make of this or how big these numbers really are, maybe I should ask her right now.

“Hey Lunia, so at this growth section… is the average of around 32 or 33 big or small?” I asked.

“That’s slightly above average if nothing else for your race, are you still in the student class? You should change that to something else to increase your growth rate” Huh? What does that supposed to mean?

“What do you mean by that?”

“What class do you want to be? A mage? A fighter? Choose one” She replied… I’m not really sure myself, but since I’m trying out right now maybe a mage? I mean I can only use dark magic but that still counts right?

“Well? What did you choose?” Lunia asked again.

“Dark mage…” I replied

“Well your growth will change slightly based on what class you have, so if that’s what you choose then your growth will be slightly more magic oriented, well you can check that later yourself, anyway mine is 60 on average” Well that was some information dropped along with bragging at the end, I’m still not sure how important what she said actually is though, also what’s with the talent and hidden value section?

“What about the other sections?” I asked.

“Those? Nothing to fret over, it simply show what you’re good at, with the plus or minus mark appearing next to the weapons or elements, it should be clear to you how that works, also the hidden value isn’t something you have to think over, knowing mana manipulation and resistances is pretty important though in case you’re fighting someone using points or other ailments, if you’re lucky you won’t find any, but you might, anyway that’s the gist of [Value Check], should be a nice guide to your potential, anyway is there anything else you want to ask?” She said, honestly I’m not sure what else I should ask, and I’m still really nervous around her… maybe I should stop for now.

“No, see you later” I answered.

“Is that so? Well good luck to all of you then” She replied.

*Beep* *Sigh*

Honestly that was way too nerve wracking, but that’s something I have to get used to in this new world, otherwise I’m definitely dead.

5