Chapter 5: Engagement
1.2k 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Here is chapter 5. I hope you guys enjoy it. Please comment and favorite this novel. Your comments are what keeps me writing.

////;//;;))@@&;$($:&@/@/@/@@:@://;&;;

Today was the Spring Banquet. We are not only celebrating the welcoming the new season but also giving the delegates from the Ling Kingdom a send off party. It has only been three days since the game with father. And during those three days I have been hiding in the Begonia Palace with my sister and have not increased with Feng Hong or anyone else besides Yu Ling. My other brothers tried to get in but sadly they were unable to. Only those that Yu Ling have given permission to can get in and I am the only one that got it. Not even that doting father was able to get in least to say my other brothers. Because of that, the Begonia Palace had always been my favorite place to hide from virtually everything. What can I say? I am Ling’er favorite person. I literally was the one who raised her after mother did. Father had to deal with the kingdom and my older brothers were all going off to school. 

 

After waking up from bead, I went to wash myself and had the servants ready myself for the banquet. I put on a my signature light sky blue robe and fasten my white jade hair pin patterned by vines on to my head. It was the last gift my paternal grandfather gave me before he skipped out of town the minute my mother's funeral was over. He was afraid that my father would hold him back and make him Emperor so he ran.

 

I started to walked to the banquet hall and when I got there the dance platform was out and was filled with dancers. As it turns out I was late to another banquet again. I saw Mo Zhen waving me over. Sigh. Look at how childish he is. I walked over and was seated between him and Xiao Ming.

 

Mo Zhen put his left arm on my shoulders and drunkingly said, ” Yan’er, what took you so long? You missed most of the fun.”

 

Xiao Ming gave him an angry look and shoved his arm off of me. ” You are being rude to a royal prince. Show some respect .” he soon pulled me closer to him and a way from Mo Zhen.

 

Mo Zhen laughed and drank more wine. He went back watching the dancers and Xiao Ming tried to start of a conversation with me. ”Brother how have you been? It has been nearly a week since I last saw you. I tried to visit you but little sister was being mean and kicked me out.” he complained and had a dissatisfied look on his face. ”I knew it. She just want to hog you to herself.”

 

As Xiao Ming went on talking, I was more focused on eating. Come to think of it, since the last banquet from nearly a week ago, I hardly ate anything at all. I was to busy worrying about the engagement that it has seem I had forgotten how to eat. Xiao Ming probably noticed that I was very hungry and wasn't focused on him so he kept quiet and had a pouting look on his face. With my free left hand, I gave him a pat on his head while using my right hand to pick up some food with the chopsticks and put it in my mouth. Xiao ming cheered up and started too eat with me and he used his chopsticks to get food and place it into my bowl. 

 

Hhmmm. Shark fin soup. Crystal pork. Spicy fried fish. Bear paws. Seven treasures soup. So good.

 

I did not notice anything amiss. The food at the banquet being served were all of my favorites. I though to myself that father had probably heard about my eating disorder so he had my favorites made in order to get me eat I did not notice the worried look my elder brothers were giving me.

 

Not MC Pov

Yu zing gave Yu cao a worried look while Cao just frowned. Cap lived up his cup of wine, drained it down and thought to himself, ” father had never been this kind at a banquet to focus on one of his children. He would never spoil anyone of us for any events that was outside of the familial jurisdiction. He had always made a clear boundary between work and family. The banquet this time is for work. So why is he doing this?”  Cao’s face got dangerously angry when he realized something was wrong. Father had most likely done something bad to his brother Yan without him knowing so father slyly served all of Yan’er favorite food as a way to soothe him. Yu Zing came to the same conclusion and glad at their father. The Emperor can feel the heated stare at his two sons so he looked to the other side and wiped off the sweat on his forehead.

 

Back to MC Pov

 

Once the performance was over the next one came. It was the first princess of the ling kingdom. She was singing and playing the zither. I was not paying attention to her song so I did not know of she was talented or not. The first princess was considered to be the number one beauty in the Ling Kingdom. She came to the Qi nation in order to pursue her love. She wanted to attract the attention of brother Cao but she failed. Brother was to busy glaring at father for some reason and pay attention to her. Once the song was finished she gave a heart broken looked and ran off the stage. Even in the previous lives, her love was never returned. In some lives, she managed to marry brother as his main wife but he had never looked at her nor touched her. She did many evil things to his consorts just to get his attention. One of the most unforgivable crime she had ever did was in the second life time. She poisoned Yu Ling and pretended to save her just to get some points. At the end her plot failed, brother divorced her and remarried her younger sister. And it was in that life that my sister did even younger than she was supposed to. Yu ling would normally die at the age of 18yr but in that life she died at the age of 12 yr. Needless to say, the first princess is on my list of people I really need to defend myself against.

 

Once her performance was over, everybody finished clapping and she had left the stage, father stood up from the head of the table and made an announcement. ” Zhen would like to thank you all for coming. It has been a wonderful week and the banquet was the best way to ended. After to day the delegates will return to the Ling nation. They will not return empty handed. Instead they will return with good news.” father turned to look at me and I can sense something amiss. 

 

I stopped eating and had an unease look on my face. I put a hand on my stomach cause I feel sick and it is not from over eating but from this bad feeling I got when father looked at me.

 

”Prince Yu Yan please come to the stage”

 

I followed father instructions and jumped up using some martial arts skilled I was taught as a child. 

 

”Greetings to you Emperor Father. May you live a ling life.” I said as I gave him a head bow. 

 

He nooded and called, ”may Prince Feng Hong of the Ling nation come up.”

 

Feng Hong came up and stood besides me. My uneaseness grew and I started to turn pale. 

 

An enuch came over with a tray and father picked up a golden silk scroll form it.

 

” kneel and accept the royal decree.”

 

Oh no. Ohh no.oh no no no. This can not be happening. I can't not fight back now so I listen to father and kneeled a long with Feng Hong.

 

” by the decree of the emperor. Zhen had decided bequeathed a union between the third prince of the qi nation, Yu Yan and the fifth prince of the ling nation, Feng Hong. The marriage has not only been blessed by the Zhen but has also been Bless by the Emperor of the Ling nation. As so this decree is also from the ling nation’s emperor. The marriage will serve as a symbol of friendship and peace between the two nation. By Zhen decree, you two are to accept the decree and be engage with one another.”

 

Once he finished speaking he rolled up the scroll and hand it to us. I was to in shock with what he said so Feng Hong was the one who accepted. ” the will of both emperors will be accepted.” he bowed once more and turned to me. 

 

I who was in a dazed could not process my surroundings. The last thing I remembered was Feng Hong’s smile turning into shocks he ran to catch me as I blacked out.

 

14