A New World 8
226 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Ugh…” It was a brand new day, and I was already dreading it. 

My body hurts like hell from all of the running and chopping wood, and now I have another day to look forward to it. Has it been a month, yet? No it’s been three weeks? Shit I don’t even know anymore. It’s the same shit everyday. I don’t know how much more of this I can take.  

Fortunately, and unfortunately, Andrea convinced Greg that I should take morning lessons before I have to train or do anything else. They both suck, but the silver lining is that I’m no longer being woken up by a raging muscle head. Though, there was one time where I overslept.. 

Let’s just say Andrea can be worse than Greg in her own way.. Just thinking about it sends chills up my spine.

Enough moping around. I’ll be late and then I’ll get in trouble. 

I opened my door only to find Juliette standing in front of me. “H...hi….”

Her eyes were wide in surprise and her mouth was slightly open. She had on a cute pair of sky blue pajamas that accentuated her beautiful curves. Her hair clung to her face, as if she had just gotten out of the bathtub. 

Those bright and warm eyes.. juicy lips… adorable freckles!!

~And she smells so nice~

An awkward silence ensued as we engaged in a staring contest. 

I can’t take it anymore! 

*BOOM*

I slammed the door, and jumped into the air before face planting onto my mattress. “Ughhhhhhh!!!!”

“So Lame! So Lame! So Lame!!!!” I pounded my mattress with hands and feet while screaming into my pillow. 

Why did I freak out after seeing her?! Now she thinks I’m even weirder!!! “What’s wrong with me?!”

I continued attacking my mattress until I ran out of breath. “I’m a simp...” 

Why am I still like this?! I’m Adela, not Brian! I’m a Chad now! “That’s it!” 

I punched my mattress one last time, and jumped out of my bed! I ran towards the door and flung it right open! “Hggh!” 

And she was…still standing there. 

Nnnn...ooopee! 

*BOOM*

I hid under my sheets for what seemed like eternity before I felt it was safe enough to leave. 

“Di-did she finally leave?” I looked to each end of the hallway, just to make sure she was gone before I stepped out of my room.  

One self deprecating laugh later, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. 

Yeah, I know I’m a pussy. But, so what?! One step at a time! 

Later

“Adela?!” Andrea’s loud and booming voice instantly knocked me back into reality. “Pay attention!” 

“Yes ma’am!” I answered immediately! If I don’t answer back quickly enough, I’ll receive a smack to the back of the head from her.

Andrea towered over  me as she glared right into my soul. “Then what year was the Demon King Slayed?!” 

“250 D.A.” My years of being a flunky has paid off once again! The trick to slacking off is this, occasionally tuning back in and catching a few key words and sentences.

With a snort, Andrea went back to reading from her book. 

This is so boring!!! I’m an isekai protagonist, right?? Shouldn’t I be doing something much more exciting??? “OW!” 

I rubbed my knuckles as Andrea scowled at me. “Pay attention!”

A few smack and knuckles pops later, my lessons are finally over! 

I ran out of my room like a free man!

“Argh!” I ran outside and hit something like a brick wall. “Motherfucker!” 

As I rubbed my swollen head, I looked up to see Greg’s towering figure. 

“Nooo!” Those words left my mouth immediately. 

Greg lifted me up without a word, and began walking. “Quit your whining!” 

I wanted to fight back, but I just didn’t have the energy, plus I wouldn’t win anyway. 

With a deep sigh, I accepted my fate. 

Later

*CHOP*

Before it was difficult even holding the ax upright for too long. But now I can swing it for a good amount of time. As a result, Greg has now put me in charge of chopping wood for the family. He says it’s to help build up my strength, but I’m pretty sure he’s just using that as an excuse to not do it anymore. 

I lodged my axe into the tree stump, and wiped my brow in satisfaction. “Almost there!” As I looked over at the pile of wood that I had just created, I felt a small sense of pride swell inside of my chest. “Wait..” What the hell am I getting happy for?! I’m being forced to do this! “Dammit!”

Well there goes my good mood!

“Fuck this!” Why the hell am I chopping wood in the first place?! I didn’t break the table! That lazy son of a bitch hasn’t helped me one bit! 

I grabbed my ax and threw it far as I could. “Fuck this shit!” 

“Hey, you’re not done yet!” Greg placed his hand on my shoulder, while cracking his shoulders as if he did something! 

This is what you wake up for?! 

“I don’t give a shit!” I knocked Greg’s hand off of my shoulder. “You just want me to chop wood so you can be a lazy piece of shit!” 

Greg had a shocked look on his face, and his mouth hung open. 

Yeah! It’s about time! “I’m done!” I shoved both of my middle fingers in his face. “FU-OWWWWW!!!!” 

Greg grabbed both of my fingers and bent them backwards. “Asking you to chop wood for your family is asking too much? Would you rather hunt and scavenge for our food?” 

I T  H U R T S “L-let me go!”

I kicked him in the legs repeatedly, but it didn’t seem to have an effect on him.With no options left, I bit his hand. Even though I was biting his hand with all that I had I only managed to pierce his skin. It felt like I was trying to bite a brick. 

Greg didn’t seem fazed one bit, all he did was scowl at me. 

Dammit! I’m crying! Son of a bitch! I can’t give him the satisfaction! 

Greg picked me up by my hands before throwing me away. 

“High!”I hit the ground with a thud and rolled a few times before coming to a stop. 

“Nevermind.” 

The tears flowed non stop as I struggled to breath. I held my hands to my ribs as I watched Greg walking away nonchalantly. “Fucking coward!” 

Later

It took me a while before I was able to go back to the cabin. My body was sore all over, and the wind was knocked out of me. 

I had to force myself to take a hot bath so that I could soak. It hurts like hell to even get undressed. 

 ~ahhh~So nice and warm. “Ow!”

Is this what I have to look forward to? A sore body every single day. 

I wonder if this stuff was normal for Adela? “Why should I chop wood, or work out, or do any of this other shit? I didn’t ask to be here, and I don’t owe them anything.” 

I looked at my reflection in the water, and a pair of blue eyes stared back at me. I smiled and pulled my cheeks, but it didn’t feel any different from how it would normally feel. “Hey, are you in there?”

Is Adela really dead? What if he’s asleep or something? What would happen if he woke up? Would I still be here? Or maybe.. I’m not Brian. What if I just have his memories? 

I wonder what everyone is doing back in my world right now? 

Jasmine is probably being a brat because she doesn’t want to go to my funeral. Marcus might stay in California to focus on track. Dad is more than likely flipping his shit because his insurance rate has skyrocketed. And mom…

*Smack*

Why am I still thinking about them?! They didn’t give a shit about me! So I don’t give a shit about them! 

This is my new life! AND... “It sucks…”

Now that I think about it.. I don’t have any friends now. Doesn’t that mean I’ve regressed? “Damn, I’m still a loser..” 

Wait, no! Derrick could barely be considered a friend! So I’m not really losing right now! I’m just as much of a loser as I was be..fore.. And now I’m depressed again..

“Wait!” I’m still a reincarnator! I can probably use magic or some shit! I must have some type of cool purpose or something! And I’m cute! “Wait.. that sounds kind of weird...no homo?” 

Ugh, I need to get out of the tub! I’m sick of thinking! 

Later

“I can do this..” I didn’t want to see anybody, but the aroma of food was too good to ignore after all of the activity today. 

Once I walked into the kitchen, I felt a weird vibe going around. 

Andrea was setting the table, well... table isn’t accurate. It’s actually a tree stomp. 

Greg looked up at me once I walked into the kitchen, but quickly went back to staring at Andrea. 

Andrea noticed and her face quickly contorted into a frown.  

You’re taking his side then! Well fuck you to bitch! 

I glared back at her before my eyes landed on Greg. He was silently staring at me, not once blinking. 

Trying to be scary and shit! Fuck you! 

I looked over to see that Juliette was… looking down at her plate as usual. 

I sat down at the stomp and ignored everything. Andrea’s cooking smelled great and I was starving. 

Andrea finally put out the plates and began fixing our meals. 

As soon as I got my plate Greg slammed his fist on the stomp. “If you don’t pull your own weight, you don’t eat.”

“Really?!” I looked at Greg and he didn’t say a word. “Fine I don’t want that shit anyway.” I pushed the plate away and got up to leave. 

Greg stood up as soon as I did. “You’re not going anywhere.” 

I looked around the table to see if anyone was seeing what I was seeing. “I’m not staying here to watch you eat!”  

“Y...you should let him eat.” It was almost a whisper, but everyone heard it. 

I turned my head to see that the owner of the voice was none other than Juliette. “It would be bad.. If he didn’t...” 

“You can talk?” Wait! That’s not what I meant to say?  

Juliette retreated into her shell, while Andrea started giggling. 

Shit, did I just make things worse? 

“No.” Greg’s voice interrupted my thoughts.   

“I don’t need you! I’ll get my own food!” I’m a damn reincarnator, I’m capable of anything. 

Greg didn’t blink or move an inch, he just continued staring at me. “You’ll die before you do.” 

“Fuck you!” Fuck! I’m shaking! I have to calm down! I can’t think about it again! 

Everyone's eyes were glued to me, not saying a word. 

Stop looking at me, dammit! “I’m not like any of you! One day you’ll see...just wait!” 

It was getting really hard to stand, and my stomach was bothering me so I had to sit down.

I want to throw up! Why did he have to say that?! Ugh, this sucks! 

“You’re not like us, Adela. You’re weak.” Shut up, Greg! 

“Fuck you!” God, I feel hot! What’s wrong with me?! 

Andrea was saying something to Greg, but my head was killing me and I was having a hard time focusing.

“No, he needs to hear this. You’re not strong, you can’t use magic, and you’re not very smart either. I’ve seen your study papers. You’re not special.” 

“W-what?” I can’t breathe.. I can’t breathe.. “I’m the only one that..” 

 

3