A New World 11
172 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Mmm... “ I could hear the cracking of fire and the warmth of heat. I opened my eyes to the sight of a lit fireplace.

“Adela!” Juliette’s sweet angelic voice entered my ears, and a smile quickly spread across my lips. 

“Mffhgh!” As soon as I sat up, Juliette sprinted towards me and placed me into a warm bear hug.  “hehehe…” 

Her breasts are so soft, I can even feel her nipples! And that smell! The aroma of after-workout sweat! 

~Ahhhh I’m in heaven~ 

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that Andrea was staring at me with wide eyes. Her appearance was disheveled and she was breathing erratically. “Hey, is everything-” 

*BANG*

I immediately turned my head to the source of the loud bang. 

“T-thank the Gods…” Greg was pouring sweat, out of breath, and his clothes were filthy and torn. He was littered with cuts and black bruises. 

Everyone’s eyes were glued on Greg. He was silently scanning the entire room from top to bottom.

Greg loves to fight. He always comes home looking like this. Why is everyone so tense? “What’s happening?” 

Greg shook his head as if he had been knocked out of some sort of trance. “N-nothing I was just taking my home in.” Greg began to laugh at the top of his lungs but it didn’t sound the same as before. “Come on, stop looking so gloomy! Let’s eat!” 

Greg briefly embraced Andrea before walking over to Juliette and I. “Did he fall asleep again?” 

Even though Greg had a smile on his face that went from ear to ear, his hands were shaking horribly. 

LATER

Greg washed up and we all got changed and had dinner just like he wanted. It was awkward and silent besides Greg doing his best to lighten the mood. But, it seemed like he was even influenced by the strange atmosphere. 

I looked out the window and observed the frost and snow, yet no one was speaking on it. I wanted to say something but I had a feeling that I shouldn’t for whatever reason. 

Dinner was finally over, and I still had questions. “Hey..could you come to my room?” I whispered that into Juliette’s ear once everyone was out of ear shot. 

Once Juliette heard my question, she jumped in surprise while looking at me with a wide eyed expression. 

Why is she.. “Oh shit! N-no! No! That’s not what I meant! That’s not what I meant!” Damnit, now I feel weird! “I-I…” Deep breaths…deep breaths.. “I just want to talk.. is that okay?” 

Juliette turned to leave in a panic, but I quickly grabbed ahold of her wrist. “Please?” 

“…” There was a moment of silence before she silently nodded her head.

There was an awkward silence as we made it to my room and sat on my bed. 

HOLY FUCKIIIING SHIIIIT!!!!!! I HAVE A GIRL IN MY BED! I HAVE A FUCKING GIRL IN MY BED!!!!!! LET’S FUUUCKKKIIIIINNNGGG GOOOOOOO!!!!!

Damn she smells so nice! And her pink pajamas are so fucking cute!! 

Ugh, this isn’t the time to perve out! 

*SMACK*

“What the?!” 

I smacked myself in the face to stop my simping! 

I turned my attention towards Juliette and she started silently scooting away from me. 

God, that hurts! 

I faked a laugh as I awkwardly stumbled through what I needed to do. “S-so what happened?” 

Juliette’s face lit up in surprise before she frowned and looked down in deep thought. She repeatedly opened and closed her mouth. As if she knew what she wanted to say, but couldn’t. 

I looked at my frost covered windows and the snow covered trees. I don’t know much about this world, but if it’s anything like Earth, snow in spring is highly unlikely. “Is this magic?” 

“…y…yes.” Juliette inhaled a deep breath before beginning to speak. “For it to be across The Great Divide.. and still affect us...”

It just looks like normal snow to me. “Is this snow dangerous?” 

Juliette quickly turned to face me with a dumbfounded expression on her face. “It almost killed you.”  

“Killed?” Shit! 

“Are you okay?!” Juliette’s panicked stricken voice was ringing inside of my head, but the blaring horns of people’s cars were far louder. 

“I-I’m okay…” Damnit! When am I going to get over this?! 

“Are you sure?” To answer your question, no. 

Take a deep breath.. take a deep breath…

Now thinking back on it.. What was that light? I vaguely remember a violet colored light.. 

  “If it..if it..almost…” I can’t even say the word without feeling like shit! “Why am I still here?”

I gazed deep into Juliette’s eyes to gauge her response. “I..I um..” 

“Was that light..” Juliette bit her lip before she nodded her head to my question. “You…YOU CAN USE  MAGIC?!” 

 

4