A New World 12
182 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Juliette quickly covered my mouth with her hand, and slowly brought her other hand in front of her mouth to mimic a shushing motion. 

I don’t why, but that was incredibly fucking cute! 

Juliette inhaled a deep breath, causing her chest to rise and fall. “Okay??” 

Yes ma’am! 

I saluted while I nodded my head furiously! 

Call me an Alabama lover baby! There’s no way I’m going to pass up a chick that can use magic! 

Juliette looked puzzled, but quickly recovered and slowly removed her hand from my mouth. 

Back on Earth I could keep my inner nerd in check with ease, but it looks like it’s going to be extremely difficult here. “Hehe.. I’m sorry. I got a little excited.” 

Two blossoms of blush appeared on Juliette's cheeks as she stared at me in silence. “Cu..” 

Juliette’s eyes shot open like she had seen a ghost, and her mouth kept flapping open but no words were coming out. 

Damnit, why am I feeling embarrassed?! “Cu?”

At this point, Juliette’s face was turning bright red. “I-it’s nothing!” 

There were a few moments of awkward silence before I decided to end it. “Can I see it?” 

It seemed like Juliette was somewhere else, and that my question caused her to come back to reality. She flinched and creased her brows questioningly. “See?” 

“The..” I looked both ways to see if anyone was listening. Why? I don’t know. Hopefully she didn’t notice how weird that just was. “Magic…” I whispered in a soft tone for some odd reason. 

“That’s…” Juliette seemed reluctant to answer, but that only made me more curious.  

“Am I not supposed to know about it or something?” I wonder why they're so secretive about it? I guess most people can’t use it, but is it really that big of a deal?   

Juliette bit her bottom lip, and  averted her eyes. “D-does it not make you uncomfortable that you can’t use magic?”

“Huh?” Now that I think about it.. How does it make me feel? “I..I would be lying if I didn’t say that it makes me a little salty. But.. I’m happy that I know somebody who can.” 

Juliette looked somewhat surprised by my response, and appeared to be in deep thought. “It’s dangerous.” 

“Really?” Juliette nodded her head to my question as if it was a no brainer. 

I guess running around with super powers at their fingertips would be inherently dangerous. “Well, I trust you.” 

Juliette hid her face behind her hair and looked down at the ground. There were a few moments of silence, as if she was thinking about something. Suddenly, without a word, she held up her right hand. Violet sparks of electricity lighted up the entire room as it travelled up and down her arm.  

I tried to speak, but my mouth kept opening and closing like a broken lid. “OH MY GOD!!!!!!!” 

I was unable to hold myself back and grabbed a hold of her arm. 

“NO!” That was the last thing I heard before the world turned black. 

1 Minute Later

“ADELA!” 

“Huh?” What just happened? And why is she shaking me? 

Juliette was screaming, but I had no idea what she was talking about. “I TOLD YOU IT WAS DANGEROUS! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!”

Dangerous! Oh yeah, she just shocked me with fucking magic! “HOLY SHITTT! YOU ACTUALLY SHOCKED ME!” 

“NO, I DIDN’T!” Juliette’s eyes were watering, her face was red, and her hands were trembling. “I shouldn’t have shown you…” 

“WHAT?! THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!” FUUUUCK I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN! “WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN MY ENTIRE LIFE?!” 

My body moved on it’s own, and I grabbed her shoulders while words began to fly out of my mouth without abandon. “YOURE SO FUCKING AWESOME!!! HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO DO THAT?! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT?! WHO TAUGHT YOU?! WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO?! HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LEARN THAT?! CAN YOU SHOOT REAL LIGHTNING BOLTS?! ARE YOU MAGNETIC?! CAN YOU SUMMON LIGHTNING BOLTS FROM THE CLOUDS LIKE ZEUS?! WHAT OTHER COOL SHIT CAN YOU DO WITH ELECTRICITY?! CAN YOU SHOCK ME AGAIN?! MAN, I ALWAYS WANTED POWERS?! DO YOU-“ 

“STOP!” Juliette pushed me against the wall and jumped off of my bed. 

Juliette was breathing erratically and tears were streaming down her face. 

Oh shit.. I went too far. I didn’t realize I was being that way.. again. “Oh.. I’m-“

Juliette stormed out of my room and slammed the door shut before I could finish speaking. 

“I.. I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to creep you out..”

5