Chapter 1 part1
8k 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1

I woke up to the sunlight on my eyes.

"This, place... ? ... !"

After a moment of shock I finally feel awake.

When I look around, I find myself in the cheap inn room that I stayed in the other day.

Next, looking down at my own body, there is no injury.

(Was it a dream?)

No, I shake my head at my thoughts.

It is too soon to judge that.

I took my uncle's sword and move down to the inn's first floor.

This inn's first floor is a dining hall which is quite lively in the evening, but right now it's morning.

There are adventurers on the tables eating bread while discussing today's schedule.

And there is a girl coming and going around with shoulder length silver hair dancing around as she moves.

This girl is the owner's daughter, Elise.

She has bright amber eyes, a well-featured nose, a cute and small face, and even though she is slim, she has a good and plump chest.

The reason why this inn is prospering isn't because it serves delicious meals, but because of her.

Buu, did she notice that I was staring at her? Elise approaches me with a business smile.

"Good morning, do you want to have breakfast?"

"Y-Yes, I'll do"

"Then wait in this seat please"

I call the woman as she was trying to go to the kitchen.

"W-Wait a moment"

"Yes?"

"Well, what day is it today?"

"Today? It's the dragon's month 13th day"

"I see, thank you"

The dragon's month 13th day. There is no doubt, that is the day I died. And the day that Moriya Kei did the first save.

After this I would dive the labyrinth without any piece of armor and I will lose my life... If that dream was true, though.

I look at my uncle's sword that is hanging on my waist.

This also is one of the things I learned in that dream.

At first glance it's a blade with a length of less than 1 meter, an ordinary one-handed sword. But, there is a crystal ball that is in the sword's handle with something engraved into it.

It's true identity is that of a magical sword called Soult Eater, and it has the devil's soul sealed in it. The more kills are attained with this sword, the stronger it's power will be physical and magical. The last function will be released at the last stage of the game, when the hero has arrived at the bottom of the labyrinth and the devil that was sealed will be released. At that moment, this sword loses all of its power, and all that power goes to the devil.

If that is true, then using this sword is foolish...

(In this sword resides the last enemy...)

In the before mentioned scenario there are enemies who can't be damaged without using this sword, so players need to use it to a certain extent.

Even so, for players who never used this demon sword, there is a setting of "Actually, there are multiple magic swords!" and the devil will still have some offensive power.

If I use it, it's hell and if I don't use it, it will still be hell.

What should I do?

(Well, it's only if my dream was true)

With some yawns mixed in as I was thinking, I then began to eat the breakfast that arrived.

Tasteless bread. Soup with bits of meat.

After eating the salad that has only 2 type of vegetables I headed right to the labyrinth.

This time I'm going to the beginner's labyrinth called "Beginner's pharmacist training place".

This labyrinth consists of three keywords, the first being "Beginner" that indicates its difficulty, the second "Pharmacist" because of its dropped items, and the third "Training place" because of the few traps and enemies.

This dungeon has the lowest difficulty and its dropped items aren't worth anything, besides, the number of enemies is too low.

Perhaps it's there only to train me.

(That is why it's convenient...)

When I stood at the entrance I smile.

My equipment right now is the same as the one at that time I died.

Did I not learn anything!? Well, there is no problem.

Because I won't be fighting.

I take a step into the labyrinth - And then I take a step out of it.

And then I again take a step into the labyrinth and exit it.

Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit. Enter and exit.

Endlessly, I repeat the same thing.

I keep repeating the same behavior which can't be understood by anyone else. Perhaps if there was someone else around they would think I had gone crazy.

But around the 100th time I heard a voice inside my head.

<< -– You have acquired title "Beginner adventurer" >>

A monotone and heavenly-like voice was heard.

After a moment of shock I take out my status card and look at it.

There is a "Beginner adventurer" in the column of titles which was blank until a moment ago.

[Main Status]

Strength = 1.02 (+1.00)

Reaction = 1.56 (+1.00)

Endurance = 1.21 (+1.00)

Magic Power = 1.10 (+1.00)

Will = 1.51 (+1.00)

Sense = 2.02 (+1.00)

My status has increased dramatically. [1]

"............ Uh"

  1. Really makes you wonder how someone can have 0.02 strength, doesn't it? Return to reading

14