Chapter 3 part1
6.2k 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3

<< -– You have acquired the title "Veteran" >>

<< -– You have acquired the title "Double Edged Sword" >>

<< -– You have acquired the title "Mind's Eye" >>

"............ Ugh"

I awoke to the voice notifying me of my titles.

It seems that I lost consciousness for a moment.

By the time I shook my head and stood up with a bit of numbness remaining in my body the king started his pursuit.

"Guuh..."

Due to the damaged I sustained I dodge the king's rush by a hair's breath.

One moment after a roar sounded from my back.

(.......? I thought I avoided that by a hair's breath)

While wiping out the blood on my forehead with my sleeve, I finally saw the king clearly.

The moment the king saw me, it faces me and opens its mouth wide, and a green translucent substance was spit out from its mouth.

(Air blast; was this the thing from a while ago?)

I thought the damage was quite low to be a king's tackle. Perhaps it used the air blast to cover the distance to hit me before. The king's intelligence is quite threatening.

While avoiding the air blast, I decide to put more caution to it. At that moment, I saw it.

Just after that semi-transparent air blast, a dark air blast is emitted from the king's mouth.

The translucent air blast disappears when it hits the wall as if nothing happened, and after that the dark air blast explodes on the wall.

(This is..........)

While I'm watching that mysterious sight, the king releases another air blast.

Again, a semi-transparent air blast is released beforehand, and following that, a dark air blast. In adittion to that, a semi-transparent king separates from the king and goes around me.

(No doubt, this translucent vision is the king's future actions)

I avoid the air blast, and after that it probably planned to rush to me from my blind spot and bite me.

The king chews on the air in regret of not killing me.

Looking at that, I couldn't help but fully smile.

The "Mind's Eye" skill is a passive one.

This was the source of that translucent vision.

Several titles are accompanied by skills as well as bonus stats.

The title "Mind's Eye" is obtained by defeating a hundred enemies equal or stronger than me without receiving a single attack, and it comes with a passive skill that dramatically raises the dodge rate.

I was wondering what it meant to raise the dodge rate when I saw it on the walkthrough page, but it seems that it shows me the enemy's next actions.

(This is good)

While avoiding the king's attacks one after another I smile. With this title, my status and agility were raised, now I don't have to be afraid of the king's attacks. I can even afford to bandage my head while avoiding its attacks.

Such actions are a show of underestimating the king, so it would raise its anger. And its attacks become more intense.

But, on the other hand, I can't be taking its attacks forever, so I decided to start my counterattack soon.

I hold my short sword and move it as if to hit the translucent king.

The king already made a big move as if to thrust himself into the sword- *Pishi* - .................. *Pishi*?

(Geh!)

I saw the terrible sight of the short sword starting to break.

It seems that I overworked it. There is a little crack in the middle of the blade.

At this rate it won't take more than one blow to break.

(Fuck, it was a mistake to only bring a short sword without a spare sword, the demon's sword is bad, but it doesn't have durability)

Although its HP and defense power are low, the Zakons are fast, I bought this thinking that a light cheap short sword is better, but it completely backfired.

(Can I defeat it... With another blow?)

Kings often appear as a better type of weak demons.

Those demons that have low HP now have high HP, if it had low offensive power, not it's high, if it had low defensive power, not it has thick skin.

In Zakons, whose speed is high, its speed lowers, but it gets high HP, strength and armor when it becomes a king.

Earlier, I gave the king considerable damage, but it's still alive. Perhaps I need several other attacks like that one to kill it.

But, with another blow like last one, the sword will...

(If it's a soft spot...)

Steady my breathing, lower my hips and stabilize my center of gravity.

Standing firm with my sword in hand and firmly stare at the king, the king also feels my will to finish the battle.

Eventually, the king began trembling as if accumulating power. Then a red aura wraps the king's body. It's a skill, charge; it doubles the attack power of a blow.

The king saved up its power to throw its anger to me who has been avoiding all of its attacks.

"Gyoooooooooooo!!"

On its way, it releases an air blast as if to surprise me.

The surprise attack is a faint, and it plans to tackle me. To the king, this is a cunning attack.

However.

(I can totally see through it!)

I avoid the air blast with composure, in a way that invites the king to attack me.

Then, I point my sword and put power into it to meet the king's body.

"Bi-–..."

I use the skill belonging to the title "Double Edged Sword".

"-- Section!" [1]

Magic flows into the sword, and the explosive power crashes into the king's body.

The short sword is driven into the spot where the previous laceration was made, and easily breaks its flesh as if it was paper.

The kings body was split in two separating its upper and lower jaws, and at that moment the sword breaks as if it was done with its job.

"............ Fuu"

Then, where the king's body was laying, a silver necklace and a silver bar lie there on the floor. Those are drop items.

I collect the dropped item and observe it.

Is it worth about a gold coin? Accurate appraisal is tough for an amateur like me, but well, it should be at least that much.

By the way, 50 silver coins are a gold coin, and 100 copper coins are a silver coin.

An ordinary family can live a luxurious life for an entire month with 1 gold coin.

The inn where I'm staying offers three meals a day, and staying an entire month costs 1 gold coin. Given that I'm living alone there, the prices are quite harsh.

The other dropped item should be the rare drop from this king that the walkthrough page was speaking about.

The name is "King Zakon's necklace". By using some HP, I can use the air blast. It's a very handy equipment in the early stages where magic attacks are scarce. Its price is 1 gold coin, and it can be said that I was lucky to get this at my first try.

While putting those two items in my bag, I thought.

Who was the person that came to this labyrinth?

This labyrinth doesn't have much profit. Except for children's practice, no one uses it.

It's nice if it was a child practicing.

However, as an adventurer, I have to find about the circumstances.

With that thought, I went to the entrance.

  1. Or if you prefer (Ittō-–... --ryōdan). Return to reading

10