50. The reality that follows
278 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It looks like they've agreed to expand the frontier to the city of Na." Looking at the flood of traders and slaves, Kinoya couldn't imagine otherwise.

There were some initial skirmishes between those who came at the beginning, but nothing like Kinoya had predicted had happened. Though relieved, it also became his source of worry.

“What are you expecting? Slaves, merchants, mercenaries, soldiers, even the recruits… It will take quite a long time before things could settle down.”

“But, things could get messy too.”
“Are you expecting an attack?” It’s not like Chanakya hadn’t thought about it but…

“What do you think? The enemy would stop attacking just because the empire had decided to stop fighting?”
“But it’s almost a month. The golden period has passed.”

Chanakya felt that if the enemy were to attack them, it would've been the first week, but now that almost four weeks had passed ...

"The Golden Period? "Kinoya couldn't help but laugh," There's no such thing. If it was me, then I would have chosen to attack right now, and this chaos would have acted in our favour. "

The city of Na was bustling. The merchant, the slave dealer, and those mercenaries had already erected their tents on the old market skeleton.

Most of them have been unable to enter the city. So, just outside the gate, they chose to set up the shop. A lot of empire stuff was on display along with local specialities. Food and wine were the most important products than goods.

The soldiers have been allergic to the military ration and meat jerkies over the last year. Even the cheap light wines tasted like honey to them.

Even before they could set up their stores, many off-duty soldiers flocked around the vendors.

Only those who had special permission from the empire were allowed to enter the city. They were minorities, but their numbers were not small.

Even though it was chaotic and bustling, the situation inside the city wasn't as bad as outside. The only people who were allowed to enter the city were mostly slave traders and traders.

"The Emperor abolishes slavery ..." Kinoya burst into laughter before Chanakya could finish his sentence.

"This is the reality, and the emperor is far away. Do you think that feeding 100 and feeding 100,000 is the same thing? Where are they going to get the money from? These people are not here to do charity."

A three-star general had an army of nearly 50,000 under him. To operate such a large body, one needs a huge amount of food and weapons. Even if he was sympathetic, Kinoya had no desire nor the ability to hinder them.

The condition was far worse than the day of the invasion. They could just ignore the cry of help and the plea of the young or the old. They just walked through it.

“Please save us. I will do anything. Please save my son.”Kinoya did not know if the woman recognised him or was just an impulse, as soon as the woman saw him, she somehow broke the mercenary barricade and ran towards him.

Kinoya turned to see the woman holding a boy not more than 4 years old. There were dry marks of tears on his cheeks along with a red handprint.

The soldiers who were guarding didn't move but the mercenaries were fearless. These mercenaries were hired by the slave traders to do the dirty works. They had little knowledge of the hierarchy here.

One of them came forward and took the woman. With a scar mark on his throat, he looked quite frightening. There were two small, one-handed axes hanging from the buckle.

"Save us, please. Please ... "her words had not ended before the mercenary had dragged her off her legs and pulled her in his arms. The mercenary had no intention of letting her go, "What are you talking about? "

"Even after you've had a child, you still have such a figure." His hand never stopped bothering her, "You should come to me. Do you think this kind of child can quench your heat? "

His perverted smile was further stimulated by the laughter of other mercenaries. One of the mercenaries even stopped the soldiers who were coming forward to stop the man.

"Idiots, you don't even know who that is," screamed the soldiers with a flushed face.

"What are you trying to do about it? We received an order from the general. Don't interfere with our work. "Looking at the ferocious response of the mercenary, all the soldiers could curse in the heart.

'Bastard, we're trying to save your life. Even our generals think twice before going against him. 'The soldier wanted to shout, but as soon as Kinoya's eyes met, he couldn't help shuddering. 'You guys are dead, man.'

Their faces were empty of any colour. The only thing they could do was take a step back. On the other hand, the mercenaries have misunderstood their intention.

The mercenary with the woman in his arm did not see it, nor did his hand ever stop violating the body of the young mother. He loved the woman. He was planting kisses aggressively on her, placing his hand in her blouse and skirt.

The woman never ceased to resist, but the man stopped. Looking at Kinoya, he burst into a laugh.

"Don't you see the boy is blind? Your beauty is being wasted on him. You don't even know if that thing could stand or not. "Hearing his taunting Chanakya couldn't stop laughing.

But he felt a little puzzled when he looked at Kinoya. 'On any other day, he would have killed him, then ...'

Little did anyone know, Kinoya was now contemplating the aura that escaped from the body of the people in front of him.

'So the purple of that mercenary is lust. That woman had a mother's duty, that is royal blue. Fear is black as ever. "Looking at the soldiers behind Kinoya, he shook his head.

Kinoya was only a step away from the innate stage of [Magic Perception]. Since Iilea did not return to his tent after that day, it took almost 15 days to make the final breakthrough.

'It wouldn't take fifteen minutes if she was here.' That's what the black man told him.

'It's not like I can force her to sleep with me.' In Kinoya's weak protest, all the black man said was 'You insensitive idiot' before he fell asleep.

In comparison, the people here did not know if it was the futile resistance of the woman, or the lack of response by Kinoya, what aroused the mercenary. But he ripped off his blouse and revealed her milky white bosom.

The laughter of the other mercenary took a hysterical turn but she continued to mutter, “Please save my child, please. Please… Please…”

The child was trying his best to save his mother. His feeble punches had little or no effect on the mercenary until the child bit him. A kick from the giant sent the child flying in an arc.

The child was in pain but he stood up. He charged again and came down with the same result. No matter how much he tried, the outcome did not change. The wound started to pile up on his body.

Bloody nose, black eye, broken tooth, even one of his hands was no longer under his control. Tears kept flowing from his mother's eyes, but the child didn't shed any of them.

"Should I help with that? "Chanakya couldn't wait any longer. Kinoya didn't give an immediate response, but he broke his trance.

"You can let her go, I'm going to pay for both of them."
The words were spoken in a soft voice, but it sent a chill through the spine of those who listened to him. The axe-wielding mercenary while enjoying the woman did not notice it at first but gave a good look to Kinoya.

'What was it?’ The mercenary didn't know whether or not he felt the strain to be real. He looked at Kinoya, 'A talwar on the back, not high enough to hang a talwar. The black holes look frightening, but ... The dress doesn't look expensive,' He was surprised for a while before he spoke.

“Boy, what are you talking about? Do you have enough money to feed yourself? And this woman is not for sale. This boss has taken a liking to her. You can play with that boy. That will be 1000 gold.”

His joke broke the tense atmosphere Kinoya’s words had created. Soon all the mercenaries were already laughing silently.

The soldiers who tried to come out were stopped again. The mercenary who stopped him smiled at him and said, “Don’t worry our boss can handle him.”

The soldiers shook his head, “he is not someone you should mess with. He is an important person.”

“Don’t worry. Our boss can understand too. Otherwise, the boy would have been biting dust even before he could open his mouth.”
“It is your boss who…”

Before he could complete his words Kinoya moved. “ Let her go or what...”

“What did you say, boy? Or what?” The man threw away the woman, “You might be important but I can just…”
“Shut up. You can’t do anything. You can’t even stand.” As soon as Kinoya said those words the boss slumped on the ground.

The woman was quick to move and grabbed the boy in her chest while tending his wound.

The soldiers standing behind them were shaking their heads. Even though they don’t understand what just happened, they had expected something like that.

On the other hand, the mercenaries didn’t understand how their boss could fall without any reason. They were stunned for a moment before someone cried out loud, “Hexer?”

“You would have been happy if I was a hexer,” Kinoya said to the mercenary.

‘How can my body become so heavy? Did he curse me? But he didn’t even touch me.’ The boss was running his head to understand what just happened. He was forcing his way on all four before going on his feet. But before he could do anything a heavy kick on his head made him roll on the ground.

No matter how heavy the kick was, he was a leader of a mercenary party. He soon realised the invisible strain on his body had vanished. He got on his feet, took out his axe and he was sent flying.

He struggled to stand up. His ferocious eyes were hunting For Kinoya and…

Kinoya was standing right in front of him. Before the leader could react, a pain initiated at his right chest made him lose his footing.

“That is the problem with an animal like you. Before you grab the breast of a woman you forget that there was a woman who had fed you. You are a beast who doesn't deserve to have that.”

Even before one could understand what he meant, Kinoya had already cut off both the nipple of the mercenary. A moment of silence was soon broken by a shrill scream.

“Bastard like you don’t remember while raping a woman that the same thing can happen to you sister or wife”

One slash from the dagger and he cut off the private part of the mercenary boss along with the leather armour that was covering his groin, exposing his now-bloody pubic region.

The boss was already on his four, screaming like crazy yet it didn’t end there. “You don’t understand how painful it would be if the same thing happened to you.”

With the completion of his words, he plunged the handle of the axe in his ass without hesitation. The boss howled like a headless chicken and lost consciousness.

The other mercenary was speechless. They wanted to retaliate but their body wasn't listening to them. Looking at the flagged body laying in the puddle of blood it was even hard for them to breathe.

The one who stopped the soldiers, looked at him and shouted, “What was that? Shouldn't you stop him? We were doing under the order of your general, general Riyasu. How can you let that happen in front of your eyes?”

‘What order from general? Even if the general himself was here he wouldn’t have been able to stop him. What are you shouting now? Didn’t I tell you to stop before?’ The soldier cursed in his heart and moved towards Kinoya, “Little general, what do you want?”

With the word 'Little general’, they lost all the hope. The only people who could be titled as such are the one who is the descendants of the high-ranking generals.

‘From where the hell did he come from?’ But their questions remained unanswered.

Don't think about the major. Leave the mother and the baby. Continue with your job. I'm not going to mess. Chanakya, take both of them with you, I'm going to meet my dad." Kinoya had already blurred before they could react to him.

'You're going to start a charity? 'Chanakya wanted to know, but he didn't. He brought them out of the city.

The mercenary continued their work but didn't try to do anything funny. But the saddest were those who had lost the chance to plea for their freedom. There is only one fate that is waiting for them that is to be sold as a slave.

6