52. Weakness
260 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No matter what happens, don't open the gate." Kinoya had already vanished in a puff of black smoke before Akai could even respond. Akai could only sigh as he headed toward the house of the city-lord.

The city had three gates. Eastern, Western and Northern. Akai controlled the North gate and Riyasu did the west. General Vorn was on the east.

Only the east gate was opened to control the flow of people inside the city. So, the east gate was expected to be assaulted by the enemy.

"What was it? " Even before the soldier was able to stop the fast-moving shadow, Kinoya had already reached the wall.

But the guard on the wall was quite strict, "Identify yourself." One of the soldiers shouted, and tens of weapons turned towards Kinoya.

The blue flame flickered over his eye hole as he was about to...
"Stop it." Kinoya had not noticed it before, but General Vorn was also on the wall, "Kinoya."

Kinoya nodded as he moved toward the general. As soon as Kinoya looked out, he was dumbfounded.

“No matter how you look at it, it is not an entire army.”
“Cavalry? It’s just Cavalry!” One of the unknown generals, next to Vorn, spoke: “If they think they're going to be able to siege the city, that's going to be a joke.”

“They’re not aiming for that.” Kinoya turned to look towards the gate. ‘Vorn was quick as expected, but…’

“General, open the gate.” One sentence from Kinoya and all the murmurings had died in an instant. But it exploded again soon.

“What the hell are you talking about?”
“Are we going to make the same mistake they have made?”
“Who the hell is that child?”

None of them knew whether or not the person was joking, but as soon as Vorn lifted his hand, the wall fell silent again.

“They're not aiming for the city. But if they do, 10,000 cavalries will never be enough.”
“So?” Even Vorn understood that. “Then why are they even attacking?”

“They are trying to cut off our line of support.”
“Line of support?”

Kinoya sighed. The soldiers around them were angry by Kinoya’s behaviour.
‘You impudent. Is that how you act in front of the general?’ Whether it was because of Kinoya's reputation or the existence of a general, it prevented them from doing something.

“They're trying to kill our food supply. With the winter climate, it's going to be hard for us to find more food. And without enough food and energy, it will be difficult for us to survive the winter.”

The general did not agree or disagree with the suggestion. He turned to the field outside, to reevaluate the situation.

“I don't know if they had some kind of army hidden somewhere, but if they wanted to invade the city, they would have attacked the gates first, not the merchants and slaves who set up the tents.”

‘What?’ Most of them reacted at the same time and turned to confirm Kinoya’s words. ‘He is right.’

“If we can protect the perimeter outside the gate, we will have no problem closing the gate as soon as the enemy army appears. Additional troops would be quicker to deploy.”

The general couldn't ease up at all. Opening the gate is not a choice he could make on his own. And if the city is breached, he won't just lose his place.

"The men they kill are not traders and peasants, but our troops are also being slaughtered." Kinoya sighed, "I'm going down. I'm going to clear all those enemies around the gate. Ten minutes. Then I'll leave."

General Vorn tried to say something but wasn't able to. Kinoya had already bolted to the ground.

When it hit the earth, Kinoya's foot did not even leave a mark. It would be incorrect to say no enemy was around the entrance. There were many, who murdered everyone near them.

When Kinoya descended one of them encouraged his horse to come next to Kinoya. The blade raised in the air. It waited to descend on Kinoya head and ...

The horse slumped down just before the sword could act. 'Slump' isn't the right word, it looked like something was pressing the horse to the ground

The legs of the horse had stretched oddly as it tried to stand up. Alas! The horse body erupted into a stream of blood before it could stand up again. Its driver has left the planet with it.

“Ruthless, cold-blooded murderer.” Someone beside Vorn mumbled. Even though he had heard it, the general couldn’t refute it.

Nobody knew whether it was a recruit or a slave who was hiding near the gate in the hope of surviving an enemy attack. But as soon as he saw the terror of Kinoya, he vomited out his stomach.

It wasn't just him, the soldiers who were close to the gate had a hard time managing them under the strong stench of horse blood. The enemy had a hard time handling the horses. Still, a couple of them charged and ended up dyeing the ground darker.

Unable to handle their horses, many of them abandoned their horses and charged Kinoya with different weapons. No matter how many came, they couldn't clear the horse-blooded puddle.

‘Ahhhhhh’

Shrieks of agony escaped their mouths as they started to hear their bones grounded to dust under tremendous strain. The blood poured out of the holes, and the eyeballs exploded like popcorn.

Faeces, subjected to immense pressure, disperse a foul odour in the air. Mixed with a strong scent of blood, it produced a stench of terror. Even the soldiers kept avoiding getting close to Kinoya, far less the enemy.

Many enemies who were trying to strike the gate left without taking a look at the riderless horse. Still, none of them applauded for the win, because they couldn't.

Even General Vorn's heart skipped a beat as soon as the blue eyes of the flame turned toward him.

"Go and open the door. Let no one come in here. Just make sure the perimeter is secure. Send out the battalion. Close the gate as soon as you exit the entrance. Have the archers ready for you. If someone dares to come by, shoot first and inquire later."

Whether it was because of Kinoya's savagery or the general's sudden order, the soldiers had failed to respond.

"What the heck are you doing? Do as I say, and wait for more orders." General Vorn soon left to face other generals with a troubled mind. 'Is that human?'

No one knew, yet none dared to inquire. It was frightening to talk to him. As soon as the gate opened, those who were trying to take shelter near the gate attempted to join.

Kinoya spoke even before the soldiers inside could respond. "If you want to live, don't try to enter the city."

The flood came to a sudden halt. Those who were unable to control their pace stumbled and fell on each other.

"Don't let me say it again,"
"But I am a soldier ..." He couldn't finish his sentences when he was sent to his knees under immense pressure.

“Don’t. Let. Me.”

All those who had thought that they had survived because the door had opened felt like someone had dumped a bucket of cold water on them. And even if they wanted to move inside, their body was no longer under their influence.

They could only watch in horror as the city spat out a tidy array of shield-bearers along with spearmen and swordsmen before shutting their mouths again.

A general was quick to come close to Kinoya and reported, “There are 200 shield-bearers, 300 spearsmen, and 500 swordsmen.”

“General no need to report me. Secure the perimeter. Only let them in, whom you or your soldiers personally know. Clear the perimeter. Don’t let anyone near the gate other than your soldiers.”

“Yes, Devil.” Kinoya couldn’t help it, as a smile broke on your lips. ‘Looks like he doesn’t even know me.’ Kinoya didn’t wait to introduce himself and moved towards the farm.

‘They're not trying to invade the city. They're killing everything that moves.' As he walked, he could see the corpses of the workers, ripped the shelter, and burned cargoes. Not even the cattle have been spared.

“He is trickier than I thought.” Kinoya could help but praise the White freak. The city would have been as good as dead if he could disrupt the entire supply line.

“But why did they attack after it reached the city? They would have a better chance of succeeding if they had attacked…” Even before he could comprehend the reason something else attracted his attention.

“Let us go.”
“We are not with them.”
“We didn’t do anything.”

The protest of the weak fell into deaf ears. More than 100 women were like a sweet treat for the enemy. As he came close, he could see his soldiers were struggling to defend against the enemy.

Although they had no protection, they had decreased the number of injuries with the weight jackets, still, the injuries continued to stack.

Most of them were struggling to stand. Chanakya was in the worst situation. Out of three who could still fight, Palsa was the only one who could hold his own against four enemies at the same time.

There was not a single excessive movement. Each swing of his blade was taking a new life.

The situation was dire, still, Kinoya’s eyes were searching for someone else. He couldn’t find it…

*Slap*

"What have I been saying to you? No one will save you." The man's upper garment had already been stripped off.

Looking at the naked woman in front, he couldn’t help but give a lusty smile. The tent inside his lower garment was high enough to prove his excitement.

“I like girls like you, the most.” His hand moved over her perky breast, that had already turned red under constant torture, “If you can satisfy me, I will take you as my fourth wife. You won’t have to…”

The voice of Kinoya had thundered. "Move your hand." It wasn't just a half-naked guy, but everyone who was standing there thought that someone had just dumped a bucket of cold water on them.

Like a little lamb trapped under a monster's claw, their body even forgot to breathe. Whether it was the enemy or those women, it was the same for all of them.

Even Palsa thought like someone was squeezing his heart when he gazed at Kinoya's eyes. There were no eyes, to begin with. This was just a soul-burning cold flame. The black smoke that exploded from his body eclipsed the sun.

The fingertips, on the other side, stopped an inch away from the red skin. The man had realized that the thing in his grasp had gone backwards, but he could not control his body to look at it.

The only one who could control her body was trying to conceal her innocence behind her small hands.

"What the heck are you doing? "Only after Kinoya spoke, she looked at him," You've been perfectly fine until now. And you're going to hide now? ”

It was like she didn't notice him and sat down to cover as much skin as she could.

5