58. The Brewing Storm
1.1k 9 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Author’s Note: Four generals of the previous King of demon: Sindu, Styx, Nile, Tigris.

Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Omega are the people. They also represent four types of power. Only who can obtain all the four powers could become the king of the demons {it’s not demon king}. 

 

Tenasia: Ruler by Alpha. It shared the border with the lizard (BIG LIZARD) country Manescia in the north.

Chepesia: Ruled by four generals. Tenasia on the north and Valla on the east. The Gold peak mountain was situated between Tenasia and Chepesia.

Valla: Ruled by Beta. On its west is the mysterious country of Miliba.]

 

{It's the western part of the continent.

Demon territory. [Author note: It’s ‘Demon’ not ‘Devil’]

At the same time when Kinoya was conducting the recruitment.}

 

The large skull of an unknown beast was in the middle of the room. The eyes did not radiate enough light to light up the room but who were present didn't care about it.

 

"That bloody Omega. Are there no reports about him? "The eyes were blue, so was his hair. Also, the horn that rose from his forehead had a blue glow around it.

 

“None. No news at all.” The middle-aged shook his head, “Though he was first to awaken. There was no movement from him.”

 

The middle-aged man had no special attribute to speak about. If it wasn't for the monocle on his eye, he may have been the most average guy you've ever seen. Yet he was the one who was at the head of the table.

 

"Why are we worried about this? He was the weakest shit. "The blue man was not trying to conceal his frustration.

 

"You were crushed by that weakest garbage." The last one in the room said with a smile.

 

Long flowing black hair made her appearance beautifully stand out. Her skin was so pale that it was brighter than the eyes of the skull that radiated the space.

 

Her breathtaking elegance, however, did not influence the blue man. He glared at her and was about to move when the middle-aged man reacted.

 

"Nile, that's not the point, even though it was weak, that was the original strength of our only King. Omega was the source of his strength. Also if we disregard the other three, we won't be able to advance until we can validate his intention."

 

The blue one, the Nile, was trying to be cool, "Then what about the Beta? ”

The girl shook her head this time, "She wasn't willing to work with Alpha. Yet ..." 

"Yet, huh?" The middle-aged guy was puzzled about this. 

"She's not going to see or join Alpha, but she's going to help us when the time comes."

 

"That's the best news I've heard all day," a grin appeared on the face of the Nile. 

"You are assigned to the Beta, Tigris. Be vigilant about her."

 

"Don't worry Sindhu, I know what to do." The demoness called Tigris was optimistic. 

"What's there to be afraid of? It's also the first-generation half-breed. She can't even regulate the strength of Beta."

 

"Yet she can go head to head against the Alpha." The middle-aged man started where Trigris had stopped, "According to the Primal, she is the one who is closest to being the next King. If she had just enough...”

 

"What is it? "The shock was intense enough that Nile could not let the man finish his sentence. It wasn't just him, even Trigis was just as shocked. 

 

"What about the Gama, then? "The middle-aged man had no intention of revealing any more details.

 

Seeing that the middle-aged man wasn't going to discuss anything more, Tigris replied, "Don't worry about him, he's going to do as we say. His only condition is that no one will go to the Gold Peak Mountain." 

 

"That's going to be a problem. By the way, Tenasia is growing under Alpha, it won't be long before they reach the Goldpeak range."

 

"Where is the Gold Peak Mountain? This is our territory. If they enter it, it'll be like an invasion into our Chepesia. Does he think he should do something just because he's Alpha? He should note that he's Alpha, not the King. If he wants war, we're going to..."

 

"Stop the Nile." It was Sindhu who stopped him again. "I'm going to handle the matter. You don't have to think about that."

 

"What are you going to do with this? "Tigris was curious about that. 

"We need to be able to channel his energies elsewhere. It's going to be a waste if we fight each other like those men. It's time to move north.

 

"Manescia, huh?" The battle-hungry Nile, not just Tigris, was surprised. 

"It's time for us to strike at those lizards. It's time to pay vengeance for the things they did after the King left us." Sindhu's eyes were blazing.

“And what about Stryx?”

“Don’t worry about him. He will move only when time is right. If he moves too soon all his effort will be wasted. We need to weaken those humans. If we don’t take them out right now they might come back to bite us later. Forget about him for now, everybody should do your job.”

 

"And what of Milbia? "

Sindu shook his head and said," We can't do anything about it. Only Beta's Valla has a boundary with Milbia, so she doesn't want to fight them. There's nothing we can do about it, at least for now …”

 

The flame of war that was ignited by the human now began to spread across the continent. 

**********

 

“... That will be all. Thank you for participating.”

 

As soon as Chanakya finished speaking, chaos broke out in the crowd. It was a frustration for the first few minutes, then annoyance, but as soon as the voice died, it turned into rage.

 

"This is not the land of the empire, this is not the city of the empire." Looking at those blue eyes, fear resurfaced in their minds, "This is my territory. If you don't want to die, I'm going to suggest you leave the place as soon as possible.”

 

“If you're not picked, leave the field right now." With the words, the crowd turned into chaos, running everywhere. The guards and the cavalry managed the confusion and took them out of the area, leaving just about 700 in the area.

 

"You're welcomed as a trainee. I'm going to give you one more..." 

 

"Here we go again. His 'Last Chance Message.' "Kinoya's lips could not stop twitching to hear Palsa's phrases. Even Chanakya had a hard time keeping his expressionless face.

 

While others were trembling one brave one raised his hand. With permission he spoke, “I didn’t complete the last trial, why am I selected?”

 

“Because I said so.”Kinoya had no intention of explaining himself.

 

"There are going to be two stages of preparation. You don't need to learn about the second phase, but it will last six months for the first phase. You have three steps to complete to pass the first point." Kinoya looked at the serious faces of the one below the stage before starting again.

 

“There are three types of skills you've got to obtain. First, it is a weapon type. You can opt to learn two advanced weapon skills or one advanced weapon skill with two intermediate skills.”

 

Ignoring the tension in the crowd, Kinoya added, "If you think it's impossible, you can leave now. Because if you're going to stay...”

 

“Those who have passed the third trial would have a shield as their main weapon, with spears and swords as two secondary weapons. As for everyone else, your primary weapon has already been determined, you can pick secondary weapons of your choice.”

 

‘That is impossible.’

‘Does he want us to give up?’

 

Their thoughts were along the same line, but they knew what the answer would be if they objected. Everything they could do was acknowledge their fate.

 

“The second set of skills is called essential skills. Horse riding, mobility training, hand-to-hand fighting technique, map reading and first aid. All these basic skills are required.”

 

“Last but not least, there are optional skills. Arm repair, foraging, butchering, scribing, tracking, trap setting and flag signalling. You need to earn just two of those intermediate skills to pass.”

 

Kinoya pointed to the hunters, blacksmiths and others who had come together. "Note that the only way to pass this is to get a recommendation from your teacher.” 

 

That brave one raised his hand again, “Are these skills really necessary?”

 

‘I said it, so it is necessary.’ Kinoya wanted to say it but chose not to, “Those unnecessary skills will determine who will be officers.”

 

And those words were more powerful than Kinoya had expected, "You're going to do morning training with everyone else. Then you are going to train as your assigned party. So you can leave now, and you'll gather here when you hear the bell in the morning." Without waiting for an answer, Kinoya left the stage.

End of Volume one. Volume two will return after a couple of days. Thank you for reading.

7