Prologue
1.9k 5 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Cough* *cough*

Even the intense coughing failed to excrete any more blood. Struggling to support his body with his weightless bloody hand, all he could do was to look up.

Desperate struggle of the woman was still etched in his eyes, he could only stare at the motionless body swamped on the ground. Without energy, the red eyes were still looking at him. Tear stream had dried, so did the thin bloodline by her throat.

"Don't waste time, finish him." An impatient voice sounded.

"The empire had the right to dispose of him. Hand him over." The old man was standing behind the woman.

"What empire? Wasn't it the empire who had sent him to kill 40,000, to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians in cold blood? Who gave you the right to execute justice?"

"Enough." It was the Djinn, floating in the air, "No need to argue. It was ruled by the council, and death it will be."

The man standing behind the struggling Kinoya nodded and raised his sword. It glowed in blood red and the inscription in blue.

The body moved. The strength rose from inside, anger, fear, rage all rose at the same time from her eyes.

"Stoppppppp." The voice stunned the executioner for a moment. His hand stopped for a moment before she fell unconscious.

"Carry on." With a nod, he raised his sword again.

*Boom*

The sword deviated from the mark and plunged into the ground. All of them looked at each other. Before one could voice their confusion…

*Boom*

There wasn't any quake, neither was any disturbance in the air. The bangs were resonating in their heart but there was no cause in view. From their destructive battle, all living beings had already fled the vicinity. It was only five of them who could feel the strikes were becoming faster.

In the middle of the day, the lightning struck. The black outline through space remained even after the thunder. It was vibrating, the continued booms forced the reality to shake. Before long it spread and something pierced through. A hand.

One, two, three…

Four hands pierced through the lightning and grabbed the edge before forcing it to open.

Weakest of the five started to bleed from his openings, before long he lost consciousness. The other four wasn't any good either. The fear was apparent on the face of the djinn too. Unlike the old man or the one who was holding the sword inch from Kinoya's neck, he had an idea about the identity of the beings and it was the very cause of his fear.

"Idiot how long you are going to make the king wait? Move." They didn't know who was it but with his words made the hand vanished in the void, behind the black lightning. A moment of silence before the black lightning broke into the triangle door. It looked like someone had bent the reality to create it with force.

A gust of wind sent the trees flying, changing the landscape in a barren land.

The living ones were staring at the triangle-shaped void door, in the middle of nowhere.

A huge body entered. With four hands from his shoulders, he was making the land shudder with each of his steps. With giant red horn on his forehead, he looked down on the puny things he had never seen before.

"Ajar…"

"Silent you idiot. Are you trying to kill them?" It was the same voice, "Sorry, this guy is an idiot."

"Who are you?" The one with the sword shouted. His fighting with Kinoya had strained his nerves then the presence of the unexplained being had failed it.

"I am here." In comparison to the 100-meter giant, the one who spoke wasn't more than four feet. With a sword longer than him, the green body walked towards him with a smile on its lips. The smile was sinister as it could be, and with the sharp nose and pointy ears, he looked anything but friendly.

"Who are you? What do you want? Are you here to rescue him?" The man aimed his sword towards him before interrogating, but he didn't get his answer. With a pain across the chest, he was sent flying.

None could follow his movement. None had seen him draw the sword, but they were sure it was a little green man who had done it. The old man guarding the woman was about to charge, but…

"Esteemed guest, what is your reason to visit?" The Djinn was not a prisoner of the cycle of reincarnation but they were eternal being with consciousness, rode through the river of time riding one body after another. The old man understood even if it was not something he knew, by the way, Djinn was interacting, they were bound to be something dangerous.

"A parasite?" The green one looked at him. The Djinn didn't let his frown surfaced on his face. "We are here to retrieve our king."

The chill they felt with from the voice, they knew that there was no chance of negotiation, but…

"But he had killed many of humans. We have…"

"I don't see any blood. The king will be living with us." The sky above darkened in a blink, the temperature dropped in a moment. His steps were heavier than the giant.

'I will die the moment I will move.' The voice in their head was resonating with each other.

"What is this?" The green body frowned as his feet touched Kinoya. None dare to explain what had happened to him. All they could do was remain silent. "How messed up his soul is? Let me set it free."

The green one drew his sword, a black sword that devoured all light around them. The moment he drew it was the moment they had lost their sense of sight. A few moments of darkness was so suffocating that they had even lost their will to breath.

When the light appeared again the sword had returned into its sheath. But the body of Kinoya bulged like a balloon. Tap and it exploded. A pillar of darkness shot right through the sky. Following a silver flash, and the body of Kinoya laid motionless on the puddle of blood.

The fear, the sense of helplessness was so strong that the old man couldn't control his leg. The young man at the side had lost the colour of his hair. The only one who was able to hold onto his sanity was the Djinn.

"Esteemed guest, wasn't he the king?"

The green one looked at him with amusement, "That thing wasn't even a pureblood, how he can be our king. He was so weak."

'He was weak? Then what are we, a little stronger than the weak?' He didn't dare to voice it out, "Is he dead now?"

"Huh. I have scattered his soul, I don't know how you can create something so hateful."

Listening to his words something strike him, "Then who is the King?"

The green one didn't answer and walked towards the woman, and dropped on his knees.

*Boom*

The quake spread through the earth again as the one horn giant went on his knees too.

"My lord, we have met again." The voice contained just one emotion, respect. The Djinn couldn't understand the words that followed. By the green ones' order, the giant lowered his hand and took the unconscious king and the green one in the void.

The door in the middle of the reality vanished in a blink. Nobody knows how long it was before the sense returned to them.

"What was that?" That was all the old man could muster.

"A being beyond the will of the world."

22