16. [Intermediate Sword Mastery]!? Really!?
458 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you know, that guy is going to be thrown out of here if he couldn't get the duel sword mastery within two weeks?" This type of idle chatter could be heard in the inner yard from time to time.

Being first in the inner yard, Kinoya had attracted a lot of attention of those who came after him. Nonetheless, he was so engrossed with the technique that none of their words could reach him, still...

"Just because he had little high stats doesn't mean his comprehension will be high too. After all, he is just 12 years old."
"No matter what you say, his dedication to the practice is something to praise about."
"There is something you can't get it just with hard work. It was that talent he is lacking."

People of the inner yard were much more arrogant than the one of the main yard. Earning basic sword mastery in one week was something to brag about.

But Kinoya was aiming for dual sword mastery skill, the basic sword skill that took them to the inner yard was earned by Kinoya years ago. But envy wasn't the only thing he was getting. There were a few who took Kinoya's practice as a way to motivate themselves.

Somewhere in between their talk, Amogh had entered the inner ward. He might not be the instructor of all of the recruits here, however being the head instructor of training yard 4, he had his share of respect. Everybody straightened their back and saluted without an ounce of laziness. All except Kinoya.

Kinoya was still immersed in training and Amogh was somewhat proud about it. He took out one of his sabres and intercepted Kinoya. A failed attempt to complete the energy circulation broke his trance.

He looked at Amogh with disheartened eyes. Amogh had a bad feeling about it. But Amogh had already made up his mind to let him learn the Sword-shield mastery.

There were two reasons for his judgement. To begin with, Kinoya had intermediate sword mastery. With it, he had a better chance to survive the war, still, it was his dedication that moved him most.

Without any words, Amogh led Kinoya to another small yard.

"Did you able to get it?" Amogh asked in a stern voice.
"No sir" Kinoya gave a resolute answer but he was a child after all. "But I think I can get it within 2 days."
"You think?"
"I know I am close."

Amogh looked at Kinoya, couldn't help feeling a little sad. It wasn't something you can earn in just 15 days. Even he took almost two months to learn it. It was an impossible task, to begin with, yet Kinoya's dedication earned his trust.

He took out another orb, this one was a little different, with two swords inscribe on it.
"Put your hand on it." Without a single word, Kinoya complied.

[Skill Check: Foreign energy is trying to inspect the host's skill.]
[Reject it?]

With the confirmation from Kinoya, the Orb glowed.

[Skill: Basic Dual Sword mastery (92%)
Host: Kinoya Arviga
Technic: Slashing leaf technique (Free-Fall stage)]

Amogh was stunned for a moment. But Kinoya tried to explain. "Instructor I think I can complete 8% in two days."

"You can see it, right?"Amogh's tone made him disheartened, yet he nodded.
"What does it say?"
"92% to [Basic Dual Sword mastery]"

"What does that mean?" Amogh tone was changing continuously.
"It means I need 8% more to get [Basic Dual Sword mastery]."
"Who told you that?" Amogh didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
"Old man, I mean my master told me that."

Amogh couldn't stop his mouth from twitching. 'His master was a wicked fellow. He must have tricked a child and he created a monster.

It was not comparable to those who can reach the Free-Fall stage in one day, but Kinoya was certainly better than himself who took almost two months to reach this level.'

"Show me."
Kinoya nodded and started with the short scimitar tied to his hand.
'This is real Free-Fall level. This boy is a genius.' For a moment he thought that he would explain that he had already achieved [Basic Dual Sword mastery] and he was just 8% from the intermediate stage not but he changed his mind.

As soon as Kinoya completed the whole technique, Amogh said, "Only this time I will allow this, if you are unable to complete my condition in the future, there will be consequences.”

Looking at the glowing face he added. “Go to training yard 1, find the one-legged general. Tell him that I send you for training, he will know."

Kinoya, with a happy face, gave a full bow as he left the place. Amogh broke into a cold sweat just the thought hit him.
'If he thinks that way, then it isn't the [Intermediate Sword Mastery] that he has but... '

***************

[Skill Check: The secret of the [Falling leaf dance (incomplete)] is observed. It will be possible to activate [Falling leaf dance (complete)]]
[Do you want to learn the skill?]

'Falling leaf dance, again?' A complete skill with merging option? No wonder both the techniques complement each other so well. After getting the confirmation the broken system sounded again.

[Analysing…
…]
[[Falling leaf dance (incomplete)] Observation level: 78%]
[Initializing the quest.]
[Skill Check: Quest [Falling leaf dance] is activated]
[Quest: [Falling leaf dance]
Condition: 1.Observation level 100%
2. Practice (0/1,000,000) (System updated)
3.Comprehension level 50%
Reward: 1. [Basic Shield-Sword mastery]
2. Strength: 12
System reward: 1. Hidden Stat Patience: 6
2. Hidden stat endurance: 6]

*Groan*

Even with gritted teeth, Kinoya was having a hard time to accept the influx of information pouring into his brain. He was ready to accept still his leg had gone soft. After a few deep breaths, he recollected the words by the system.

'First observation was enough to get the quest! This will be easier than I thought.' Kinoya wanted to ask to demonstrate it another time but didn't. It wasn't easy for a one-legged person to do the whole manoeuvre, but for some reason, he felt it was more perfect and continuous than the Amogh's demonstration.

Little surprised by such an intense reaction, the instructor asked: "Do you want to see it another time?"
"No thank you, instructor."
He was a man of few words, "Then I also have two more exercises for you. You have to carry the shield on your left hand and one on the back all the time."

'Does every instructor have the same training method?' Kinoya had his curiosity, still, he had felt this crude method had a good effect on the training.

Having a scimitar bound to his hand all the time made him understand the phase, 'mastering a weapon as an extension of the limbs'. While carrying an extra shield will act as weight training while it will increase the stamina too.

‘If they had known that I had trained with weight rode under Varytita’s 3 times gravity he would have told me to carry two shields, if not more.’

Kinoya had no intention to tell them, so he followed the instructor to another room. Little did he knew that was the plan devised by Amogh.

"This is a piece of training equipment is to get accustomed to the impact on the shield. It's a piece of magic equipment. You will use it once every day for one hour, not a single second more. Use your time well."

Under quick observation, Kinoya felt it was similar to one-man sled ramback. ‘It does not just look similar but also the method is the same too.’ Looking at those who were training he concluded.

Soon Kinoya came back to the inner yard of the training yard 1. The number was a lot less, still, there was more than 70 trainee was in there.

It took him a single instance to forget about all the things around him. There stood Kinoya with a short scimitar in one and shield on another, looking at a distance with his out of focus eyes. After 65 failed attempts he got his first success and awaken the comprehension level.

[Comprehension Level: 2%]

'Rather than defending against power, it is more like evading the attack of the opponent to create a flow using opponent power then counter by riding the wave just like the way a leaf move against sudden force… Soon he was immersed in his thoughts.

[Comprehension Level : 3%]

*******************

"4,381. That is more than I had expected. I have good news for you. From this moment onwards you are a member of Red Corps under the general Akai, a three-star general directly under the strongest emperor."

Many of them shuddered at the name of the emperor, however, most of them puffed their chest with pride. Some were fearful of their future and a few were happy, still, they stood in the ground, donning their red armour under the bright sun.

"From today you are the first defence of the empire. Don't ever dare to think that the one behind you will save the empire if you can't. The moment you think that you are a traitor of the empire. From today you will live and die just for the empire. If you can save even a single child of empire then your name will go down in history, if you take the weapon at your chest for the empire you will become…"

'What the hell he is talking about? Is this a brainwashing class? Is it a motivating speech?' Kinoya had no idea about it, neither that broken system gave any sign.

It's not like he felt any attachment for Empire, still, he joined the army. One might question the sanity of him but…

‘I have a feeling that if my life is too peaceful for too long then it will become hell again. And…’ Kinoya’s hand on the hilt tightened as the one-legged instructor shouted.

"Kinoya Arviga, the Top recruit of Heavy infantry, in both Dual sword and shield-sword division. He will be a sergeant of 10 men squad in the 2nd regiment under the direct command of Captain Amogh."

Kinoya went to the platform and received his armour with a symbol of the flower and one of the petals was red. The army hierarchy was clear to him by now.

Starting with foot soldiers, there are the sergeant, lieutenant, captain, major and above them was general. The common soldiers wear a colourless flower, with each rank there one petal will be coloured.

Kinoya accepted it from the one-legged instructor. "We are expecting great things from you." Kinoya nodded and went to Amogh who was standing on the platform and saluted, "Sergeant Kinoya Arviga Reporting for duty."

"Chanakya Vishnugupta. The Top of a cavalry unit. Will be a sergeant of 10 man squad in the 2nd regiment under the direct command of lieutenant…"

The maximum failures were in Cavalry and shield-bearer squad. 14 out of 200 of cavalry was successful, where only a 100 man troop formed from the 400 shield-bearers, who were accepted 3 months ago.

All of his cave mates were successful. Other than Biskas who was in the 3rd regiment, all the other four was in the 2nd regiment. Soon the common soldiers were told to receive their armour from the armoury.

It wasn't even 1 week after they moved to the barracks when the news came. It came with the wind, created a storm throughout the empire.

On the Empirical year 95, under the order of 'The Strongest Emperor' Kaiser Macht, the empire declared war at three human countries Torria, Cantela and Godola. The 17th Corps, The Red Corps, under the general Akai was summoned to the city of Eale, at the edge of Eale plane, to lead the charge Torria.

 

Please look into the glossary if you have a glossary. A map is coming soon.

11