Chapter 1.2
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the heavens where the Gods live, there is a mass assembly of Gods right now as they chatter and squabble with each other. As there is no entertainment in the heavens aside from the ones we create ourselves, my games have become an attraction and a reason for the Gods to gather.

The profiles of the participants in the game are accessible to all the Gods and it has become a habit to try and predict and alter the fate of the participants. Clairvoyant Gods are offering their predictions while the more powerful Clairvoyant Gods are selling their tips and the God of Gambling have set up bets according to the rates provided by the Clairvoyant Gods or their mood.

It is no surprise that Ismeth who have the blessings of Ganesha have become a hot favorite among the gods but there is another participant who is favored by the Gods and his name is Alex John. He is a far off descendant of Ares and has been in a coma for the last 7 years.

Because he is in a vegetative state and has been sent to the Game of the Gods, he will participant as an amnesiac and humans will often revert into their feral state without any laws binding them. Participants like Alex John is common in the Game of Gods and they are often fare well in the games. Unfortunately, Alex John is an ordinary person who have not inherited any of his ancestor’s blessings. Like most of the other descendants of the Gods today, it is difficult for them to inherit any of the blessings that their ancestors had.

Either they are too distant from their ancestral Gods or only have a small amount of divinity in them, which would rarely show itself or is perceived as a mental illness by society today.

 

As the souls of the participants are slowly strengthened and readied for the game, a huge roulette appears in the sky and starts spinning. The roulette is what determines the current game’s mode and soon, it stops at <Battle Royale>.

 

Cheers can be heard from the Gods with battle lust, while the scholastic gods frown slightly as they frown upon the brutal sights they will soon be witnessed.

 

In the skies, a projection of what seems to be a decrepit city can be seen. It is October, 52 BC and the Siege of Alesia has just ended.

 

Soon, flashes of bright light randomly flash throughout the little town and these are the participants of the game, signalling the game’s start.

 

In a ruined hut, a man with blue eyes and long, blonde hair is seen struggling to move. He is wearing a hospital gown and seems to be in pain.

In his head, a voice is telling him the rules of the game but all he remembers is “Survive” and “Kill everyone”.

Soon, the pain overwhelms him and he stops moving as he had returned to sleep in exhaustion.

0