Chapter 2.1
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Ahh!”

Ismeth screams as he wakes up in cold sweat.

He looks around confused while clutching his chest. He looks around and quickly looks at his legs and starts touching his legs.

“My legs…? They’re fine?” Ismeth mumbles in disbelief.

He remembers the pain clearly, and the events that happened when he was on the train.

His grip on his legs tighten as he remembers how he was sent flying backwards when the Lichchavi Express collided with the Magadh Express.

The next thing he knew was that his whole body was in pain…except for his legs.

This was because one of the train’s doors has sliced his legs off his body and he could see them crushed a few meters away from where he was.

Soon, he was snapped back into reality by a throbbing pain in his head, as a loud and bellowing voice spoke into his brain.

“Welcome to the game of Gods!”

“This is where you will find the opportunity to live and change your life!”

“All you need to do…”

“Is Survive…”

“Be the last person alive in the game, and you will live.”

“Not only will you live, one of your wishes will be granted by the Gods!”

“Let the game…BEGIN!!!”

The voice finished its speech without pause and Ismeth was left bewildered by what he just heard.

Still confused, Ismeth carefully observed his surroundings and started looking at the room he was in.

It was a very simple and old house. Ismeth came to the conclusion that it has been left empty for a while since there is a layer of dust on the tables and chairs.

It seemed like there was nothing of interest so he approached the door.

He opened the door slowly and carefully and once he ascertained that there was nobody in the next room, he entered the living room slowly.

Just like the previous room he was in, there was nothing of interest here.

The wooden table and chairs were unattractive and looked like they would crumble if you sat on it and there was an empty basket on it. Probably used to be filled with fruits in better times.

Soon, he grew complacent as he felt safe and moved towards the window to take a look outside but he heard a sound.

The sound of a door opening.

He quickly turned and faced the direction where the sound came from and he saw another man there.

The surrounding air felt tense as both of them stared at each other.

In their eyes, you could see confusion, shock and fear.

Both men were wary of each other, yet from their body language, you could also tell that they wanted to ask each other questions.

They wanted to find out what the hell was going on and if the other person…

Was an enemy…

 

0