Chapter 2.2
31 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The other man quickly scanned around the room but Ismeth was just staring at him.

Ismeth felt confident that he was safe. He had already looked around and felt confident.

Soon, the man started moving cautiously and Ismeth could feel his heart beat increasing.

“Why is he moving around? What did he see? Where is he going?” Ismeth asked himself in a panic as he quickly scanned around the room but he could not pick up on anything.

It felt like an eternity but only a few seconds passed and soon, the man stopped near a chimney and taking advantage of the split second that Ismeth wasn’t looking, he quickly bent down and pulled out a poker from the ashes in the chimney.

Ismeth could feel his blood freeze and his heart stop.

He felt afraid.

No, he was afraid.

He remembered the pain of losing his legs.

He recalled himself watching himself slowly bleeding to death.

He didn’t want to die again.

“No, I cannot die again!” Ismeth told himself.

Just as he was about to pounce on the other man and fight for his life, the other man spoke.

“What…What the hell have you done to me!” he asked loudly, but his shaking voice showed that he was either afraid or confused.

“Where am I?!” he asked loudly again.

“Why did you show me the images of me dying!” he screamed.

Ismeth was stunned and just as confused as him and replied unconsciously “I don’t know! I just woke up from a dream where I was slowly bleeding to death too!”

The other man became confused again and didn’t know what to do. The poker in his hand was shaking much more than before right now.

The distance between the two men were only several meters long, and Ismeth soon made a decision.

Ismeth took a large step forward and threw himself onto the man’s lower body.

Since he was holding the poker upright and aiming at Ismeth, once Ismeth got low, the poker became a hindrance and was not an effective weapon anymore.

Ismeth quickly grabbed the other man’s waist and started punched him his gut, while the confused man was still waving around the poker in a panic.

With Ismeth’s strength, it only took a couple of punches to cause the man to let go of the poker and collapsed on the floor, bringing Ismeth down with him.

Ismeth continued punching the man until he finally stopped struggling.

As Ismeth got off the man slowly, he realized his fists were covered in blood and the man was barely conscious.

Ismeth looked at him in silence as he caught his breath and slowly walked towards the poker and picked it up.

He man looked at Ismeth in horror as he struggled to get as far away from him as possible.

 

Ismeth’s eyes gave off a cold and terrifying light as he approached the man and spoke softly.

“I don’t really know what’s happening…”

“But I know that I can’t let you go anymore…”

“The voice in my head said that only one will survive to the end, and therefore you must die…”

“You’re already near death anyway.”

The second Ismeth finished speaking, he stabbed the poker into the other man, ending his life.

0