Chapter 4.1
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ismeth could not come to a decision, but his body had already made the decision for him.

With a tight grip on the dagger, he rushed out and stabbed the approaching man in the gut. Ismeth could see fear on the man’s face, but he did not stop.

He could feel the dagger pierce into him, and then Ismeth followed up with a hard punch that sent the man flying on the ground with a loud yell.

Ismeth then ran for the entrance as fast as he could, but there were two other man standing around that could block him.

The two men saw what happened and quickly ran towards Ismeth.

The two men were well armed, and both of them had a short sword and a shield but it was obvious that they were untrained and did not know how to effectively use them.

As such, they ran clumsily and with many openings. Ismeth could see these openings, but he too was untrained so he could not take advantage of their clumsy approach.

Ismeth however found it easy to avoid them.

He felt it in his bones that the two men were like thugs, running towards you with an intimidating stride and all he needed to do was to hit harder. The harder to hit back, the more they will realize that they can’t bully you.

But they had swords and shield so he could not bang into them like what thugs on the streets would do. Instead he made a low dive and rolled past them.

Ismeth performed a quick recovery and then continued running towards the entrance as the two men started to turn and chase him.

Few of the surviving people were good right now, because in this kind of survival games, the good people would be the first to die and this group of men were only together for benefits and safety. Not because they were a real group.

The man was obviously going to die and it was better than the died. As a result, nobody cared for the dying man that Ismeth stabbed.

The chase continued into the streets but the men that were chasing Ismeth did not increase. The other 7 men obviously were not interested in taking revenge or chasing Ismeth, but the chase did draw some attention as the two men were constantly yelling like fools, unaware that their friends did not join them in the chase.

Soon, Ismeth approached a cross roads and ran into more groups of people. Unlike the group that Ismeth met at the warehouse, these groups of men were clearly more competent in fights. They were better equipped and had make shift armour and helmets, just like Ismeth who had used a pan as back armour.

They were hunters.

And the group that Ismeth met was merely prey that survived.

Ismeth stopped running and started collecting his breath.

He grew alert and was wary of the two fools who had stopped chasing and were panting behind him.

He needed to focus for whatever might happen soon.

0