Chapter 1.2
2.2k 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter One (Part 2)

Tao Fang Ao entered the Tao Manor.

'Second master, something bad happened,' Elder Jiang said.

Elder Jiang's face was red and he was huffing from running too fast to report to second master.

'I'm in good health,' Tao Fang Ao said. 'You don't have to jinx my health.'

Tao Fang Ao opened his fan. Although he was teasing Elder Jiang, he knew something bad must have happened for Elder Jiang to be upset.

But the guards were holding in their laughter at the sight of Elder Jiang's disorderly state.

'Second master, someone came with a betrothal gift and she demanded to see you,' Elder Jiang said. 'But there are two young ladies who claim to be your betrothed.'

Tao Fang Ao's fan stopped in mid-air. His body tensed and he spoke in a dangerous tone. 'Tell me exactly what happened.'

'The two young ladies arrived an eighth of a shichen hour from each other,' Elder Jiang said. 'One of the young ladies is holding the betrothal gift but both young ladies claim to be your betrothed.'

Elder Jiang was grateful second young master returned home in time to deal with the complicated situation.

'Where are they?' Tao Fang Ao asked.

'Inside-' Elder Jiang said.

Tao Fang Ao didn't wait for Elder Jiang to finish, he strode into the guest room.

Elder Jiang didn't hesitate to follow second master. It wasn't often something that strange happened and he didn't want to miss out.

Inside the guest room, four young ladies were standing. One of the young ladies was Tao Tu Yun. She sensed someone entered the guest room and turned around.

'It's her,' Tao Fang Ao's heart said.

'It's him,' Tao Tu Yun's heart said.

Tao Fang Ao and Tao Tu Yun were separated less than a shichen hour. They both couldn't believe they met again so soon. He thought her face was still pale, but she looked healthier than she did when they met earlier. He didn't know why the purpose of her visit didn't make him angry instead he smiled amusingly.

'Gentleman, are you Tao Fang Ao?' the lady in the green dress asked.

Li Tai Fang was the lady in the green dress and she stood on Tao Fang Ao's left.

'I am,' Tao Fang Ao said.

Tao Fang Ao sat on a chair.

'I heard two young ladies claim to be my betrothed,' Tao Fang Ao said. 'Did you bring the betrothal gift?'

'Of course,' Li Tai Fang said.

Li Tai Fang showed Tao Fang Ao a vintage jade bracelet on her wrist that had Ao engraved on it.

'What?' Su Wu asked. 'How did the bracelet get into her hand?'

Su Wu was startled why Li Tai Fang was wearing her mistress' betrothal gift.

'Mistress, this bracelet belongs to you,' Su Wu said.

Tao Tu Yun opened her skilfully embroidered pouch, but it was empty.

Su Wu's eyes widened. 'I remember!'

Su Wu pointed an accusingly finger at Li Tai Fang. 'Mistress, I knew this young lady looked familiar. I remember we met them last night while we stayed at the inn. Her chamber was next to our chamber. She must have overheard us talking about mistress' betrothal and stole the bracelet from mistress.'

'You're a liar,' Cui Yu said. 'This bracelet belongs to my mistress. You and your mistress shouldn't accuse someone innocent. Second master, you can see my mistress' betrothal bracelet clearly. My mistress is your real betrothed. Second master, you should kick these two impostors outside your home.'

***

End of Chapter One (Part 2)

4