Chapter 1.4
2.2k 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter One (Part 4 of 4)

The western guest chamber.

'Mistress, I didn't expect Tao Fang Ao was the man who rescued us,' Su Wu said. 'But what are we doing to do? Mistress, the imposter stole your bracelet and we can't leave.'

Tao Tu Yun frowned, it was Li Tai Fang's fault she was in an unwanted dilemma. Not only did Li Tai Fang stole her bracelet, Li Tai Fang dared to lie about being Tao Fang Ao's betrothed. She couldn't believe such an inconsiderate impostor existed in the world.

'I don't know what to do either,' Tao Tu Yun said.

Tao Tu Yun faced the open wooden window. The wind messed her hair but it couldn't blow away the worries deep in her heart. She remembered if Tao Fang Ao didn't save her and Su Wu in the alley then they would have lost their lives. She also couldn't help remembering how he held her protectively in his arms. She was curious what kind of person he was and how he was going to deal with having two women claiming to be his betrothed at the same time. She could see he was unhappy about their betrothal and Li Tai Fang's lies only added to his disgruntlement. She couldn't help but smile at the absurd situation.

'Mistress, how long do you think we have to stay here for?' Su Wu asked.

Su Wu felt helpless that in her mistress' weak condition, because her mistress' bracelet was stolen it delayed her mistress' initial plan.

'At most it'll be several days,' Tao Tu Yun said.

Tao Tu Yun had anticipated after breaking the betrothal she could return to Liu Yue Province. But she knew it was better if she patiently stayed in the Tao Manor for several days. Tao Fang Ao was a man who had intelligent eyes, and that she shouldn't dream about leaving until he had evidence to show who the imposter was.

'Are you Tang Fang Ao's betrothed?' Luo Bing Liang asked.

Luo Bing Liang was a petite woman and also Tao Fang Ling's wife. She had shiny eyes and it would be hard for strangers to detect that she was two months pregnant. Her shiny eyes looked curiously at Tao Tu Yun.

'Young lady, you are...' Tao Tu Yun said.

Tao Tu Yun admired the ethereal beauty of the woman who was standing in front of her. She didn't know why her heart was curious about the beauty's identity.

'I'm Luo Bing Liang,' Luo Bing Liang said. 'I'm Tao Fang Ao's first sister-in-law.'

Luo Bing Liang assessed Tao Tu Yun, smiled and a dimple was visible on her cheek. It only took a glance and she instantly liked the elegant lady in front of her. Tao Tu Yun had a rare tranquil aura that could make anyone feel at peace while looking at Tao Tu Yun.

'Lady Luo, you came here because...' Tao Tu Yun prompted.

Tao Tu Yun was surprised someone like Luo Bing Liang who looked the same age as her was married and was also Tao Fang Ao's first sister-in-law. She felt Luo Bing Liang's happy aura meant it would be strange if Luo Bing Liang was unhappy after marrying into the Tao Household. Her eyes turned gloomy, she thought in her life she wouldn't be as blessed as Luo Bing Liang.

'You don't need to be alarmed,' Luo Bing Liang said. 'I came here to greet you.'

Earlier Luo Bing Liang heard Elder Jiang 'volunteer' to tell her about Tao Fang Ao's real fake betrothed situation so she rushed to the guests' chambers. She thought these recent days at the Tao Manor were too peaceful, but the four ladies' appearance had livened the Tao Manor. She was happy to see the amusing performance, because even Tao Fang Ao was affected.

'Can I call you Tu Yun?' Luo Bing Liang asked.

'You can,' Tao Tu Yun said.

Tao Tu Yun smiled and nodded. She felt surprised Luo Bing Liang felt close to her.

'Lady Luo, have you been to the eastern guest chamber?' Tao Tu Yun asked. 'Tao Fang Ao's other betrothed is there.'

Luo Bing Liang thought there was a teasing tone behind Tao Tu Yun's gentleness. Her shiny eyes widened. She realised Tao Tu Yun was an intelligent woman and wouldn't need another person's support to overcome the situation.

'Tu Yun, I realised I'm continually liking you more and more,' Luo Bing Liang said. 'I'm not going to lie to you, earlier I visited the eastern guest chamber.'

Luo Bing Liang admitted Li Tai Fang was a beauty. But Li Tai Fang gave off an aura of falseness that she couldn't endure.

Tao Tu Yun smiled. Before she could reply, a tall man appeared behind Luo Bing Liang. She didn't know where the tall man came from. He was frowning but his eyes were bright while he was looking at Luo Bing Liang.

Luo Bing Liang suspected why Tao Tu Yun was looking behind her. She turned around, closed her small mouth and her heart cried for mercy.

'Xiao Bing, didn't you say you felt seriously nauseous?' Tao Fang Ling asked. 'Why aren't you resting in our chamber? Why did you run to the western guest chamber?'

Tao Tu Yun could see Luo Bing Liang's tall husband loved Luo Bing Liang. He wrapped an arm around Luo Bing Liang and wanted to escort Luo Bing Liang to their chamber to rest.

Tao Tu Yun smiled and nodded farewell at the captured Luo Bing Liang.

'Wait... wait...' Luo Bing Liang pleaded. 'Tu Yun welcome to the Tao Manor. I'll visit you again soon to gossip.'

Tao Fang Ling led his wife toward their chamber. But she turned around and waved farewell to Tao Tu Yun.

Tao Tu Yun could see the resemblance between Luo Bing Liang's husband and Tao Fang Ao so it wasn't hard for her to see that Luo Bing Liang's husband was Tao Fang Ao's first brother.

Tao Tu Yun thought Luo Bing Liang was an interesting woman and being detained in the Tao Manor wouldn't be a bad experience. But she hoped after Tao Fang Ao found out the truth then she could safely leave, because the Tao Manor wasn't her home.

***

End of Chapter One (Part 4 of 4)

4