Chapter 2.1
2.2k 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Two (Part 1)

Two handsome brothers were focused on the chest board in front of them.

Tao Fang Ao was holding a chess piece in his hand and contemplating what move to make.

'First brother, why are you free to play chess comfortably with me today?' Tao Fang Ao asked. 'Don't you need to be with first sister-in-law?'

Tao Fang Ling married Luo Bing Liang a year ago, his wife was his life. After he found out his wife was pregnant, he didn't want to be separated from her. So he forced Tao Fang Ao to take care of the Tao Household's business while she was pregnant.

Tao Fang Ao didn't dare to be angry or protest. No matter how he looked at his first sister-in-law, he couldn't believe she was pregnant. She was the same as the past, quick to anger, active and she made many people sweat worriedly. Because she was pregnant with the Tao Household's heir and Tao Fang Ao didn't dare to voice his opinion to Tao Fang Ling about overseeing the Tao Household's business on his own.

'Xiao Bing is taking an afternoon nap,' Tao Fang Ling said. 'I asked Xiao Sheng to watch over her while she's napping.'

Tao Fang Ling's eyes didn't leave the chess board.

'Having a wife is troublesome,' Tao Fang Ao said.

Tao Fang Ao put a chess piece on the board and Tao Fang Ling smiled.

'In my eyes my wife isn't troublesome,' Tao Fang Ling said. 'I'm lucky I met my wife. I'm not like you. I heard your betrothed appeared, but there are two women who claim to be your betrothed.'

'First brother, why do I feel your purpose of coming here isn't to play chess with me?' Tao Fang Ao asked. 'Did you come here to discuss my situation?'

Tao Fang Ao frowned. He picked up a cup of tea and sipped tea. He smelt the tea fragrance in four directions and was distracted from the chess game.

'What?' Tao Fang Ling asked. 'Is your first brother not allowed to ask you about your betrothed?'

Tao Fang Ao didn't underestimate Tao Fang Ling's strategy by Tao Fang Ling's carefree smile.

Tao Fang Ao knew Tao Fang Ling's carefree smile was reserved for when Tang Fang Ling had a request that even their younger siblings wouldn't dare to refuse.

'First brother, you received news fast,' Tao Fang Ao said.

Tao Fang Ao could only smile helplessly. He didn't dare hide anything from Tao Fang Ling and he confessed everything.

'What do you want to do next?' Tao Fang Ling asked. 'In your heart who you think is your betrothed?'

'I don't know yet,' Tao Fang Ao said. 'I'll take care of this situation thoroughly. First brother, you don't need to worry about it.'

Regardless of who Tang Fang Ao's real betrothed was, he was going to repay the imposter for daring to deceive him.

'Xiao Bing has a good impression of Lady Tao,' Tao Fang Ling said. 'What kind of person do you think Lady Tao is?'

Tao Fang Ling needed to be certain Tao Tu Yun wasn't a dangerous person otherwise he wouldn't be at ease to let his wife spend time with Tao Tu Yun.

'First brother, you can be at ease,' Tao Fang Ao said. 'I've asked trusted servants to carefully observe the two young ladies' movements. Besides, Lady Tao doesn't appear to be a bad person. Also, I wouldn't give them an opportunity to harm first sister-in-law.'

An image of an elegant and courteous Tao Tu Yun appeared in front of Tao Fang Ao. He shook his head to stop his heart from beating wildly.

Tao Fang Ling's eyes didn't miss Tao Fang Ao's distracted look. Tao Fang Ling thought Elder Jiang was right, they should enjoy the live performances in the Tao Manor.

In the western guest chamber, Tao Tu Yun thought about the stormy night. It rained throughout the night. Although the rain stopped, it was still cold during winter.

Tao Tu Yun stood at a window and stared at the sky. She felt like the cold surrounded her.

'Mistress,' Su Wu called.

Su Wu was scared her mistress would catch a cold. She picked up a red thick cape with a white fur collar and ran to mistress.

'Mistress how can you dress lightly like this?' Su Wu asked. 'What happens if you get pneumonia? Mistress, you know you have a weak body. Why isn't mistress taking good care of your body?'

Su Wu draped the cape around mistress' shoulders while continuously reprimanding mistress' carelessness about mistress' health.

An outsider wouldn't have guessed Su Wu was Tao Tu Yun's maid by the way Su Wu behaved.

'Yes, yes, yes,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'My dear Su Wu, I know I was wrong. You don't need to say anything else.'

Tao Tu Yun sighed and let Su Wu tied the cape collar around her neck until Su Wu was satisfied the cold wind couldn't affect her body. Tao Tu Yun smiled at Su Wu's upset tone, she didn't see Su Wu as her maid.

Su Wu's eyes looked suspiciously at mistress. If mistress took better care of mistress' body then she wouldn't need to be worried each day since she started working as mistress' personal maid.

Su Wu grew up with mistress who treated her like a sister. She was grateful toward mistress and felt it was a sisterly duty to take care of mistress.

Outside the door, willow leaves were rustling and Su Wu noticed a yellow dress was coming toward mistress' chamber.

'Lady Li,' Su Wu called.

Su Wu stood in front of mistress to protect mistress from Li Tai Fang.

'Why is a thief like you visiting here?' Su Wu asked. 'Thieves are not welcome here.'

'You're only a maid,' Li Tai Fang said. 'It isn't your place to speak.'

Li Tai Fang arrogantly assessed Tao Tu Yun. Tao Tu Yun was elegant and had a bright pair of mesmerizing eyes. But Tao Tu Yun had a subtle intimidating aura that made anyone who stood in front of Tao Tu Yun not dare to offend Tao Tu Yun. Also, she didn't want to admit Tao Tu Yun was an extraordinary beauty and posed a threat to her purpose.

'Su Wu don't be rude,' Tao Tu Yun said.

Tao Tu Yun didn't want to give Li Tai Fang an excuse to hurt Su Wu, she pulled Su Wu behind her and she smiled politely at Li Tai Fang.

'Lady Li, what is the purpose of your visit?' Tao Tu Yun asked.

'Mistress is here to tell you two to wake up,' Cui Yu said. 'Before second master finds out who is the imposter, you two should leave the Tao Manor.'

Su Wu was angry Cui Yu dare to falsely accuse her mistress of being an imposter. Su Wu stepped in front of her mistress and she wanted to give back justice to her mistress.

'What laughable nonsense!' Su Wu said. 'It's my mistress who should be saying those words to you two. You and your mistress are thieves. First you two stole my mistress' jade bracelet then your mistress dare to steal my mistress' identity. My whole life I've never met such despicable people like you two. Today you two have widened my eyes.'

Li Tai Fang's complexion was green from anger and she raised her hand to slap Su Wu.

'Stop!' Tao Tu Yun said.

Tao Tu Yun took steps back and she pulled Su Wu behind her again. Initially she wanted to be civil toward Li Tai Fang. But she would never let anyone bully someone close to her.

'Lady Li, no matter what someone says, you shouldn't slap another person,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'Who is real and who is fake, in all our hearts we know the truth. We should leave everything for Tao Fang Ao to investigate and decide what happens.'

'You!' Li Tai Fang said.

***

End of Chapter Two (Part 1)

4