Chapter 7.2
2k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RFF - Chapter Seven (Part 2)

Li Tai Fang secretly eavesdropped on Tao Fang Ling and elder Jiang talking about Tao Tu Yun's situation. Afterward she walked to a courtyard to think of a plan to kill Tao Tu Yun.

'Why is that Tao Tu Yun so lucky?' Li Tai Fang asked. 'Why couldn't the assassin kill her? Why does she get to sleep in Tao Fang Ao's bedchamber?'

Feng Yu stood in a corner of the courtyard, and listened to Li Tai Fang scarily curse Tao Tu Yun.

'I don't believe Tao Tu Yun will always be lucky,' Li Tai Fang said. 'Since madam Zhang sent an assassin to kill her, I'll help the assassin to succeed this time.'

'Mistress, a person's life is important,' Feng Yu said.

Feng Yu wished she had a good mistress like Tao Tu Yun.

'Close your mouth!' Li Tai Fang said. 'Whose side are you on? Tao Tu Yun's side? Don't forget I'm your mistress. Don't open your mouth to oppose me again.'

'Mistress, I'm sorry,' Feng Yu said.

Feng Yu closed her mouth. She remembered Li Tai Fang's last maid disappeared mysteriously, and she didn't want the same thing to happen to her.

'Tomorrow I'm certain Tao Tu Yun will go see Dou Dou to warn Dou Dou,' Li Tai Fang said. 'I want you to send a message to madam Zhang that tomorrow is a good opportunity for the assassin to kill Tao Tu Yun.'

'Yes mistress,' Feng Yu said.

Feng Yu was scared to defy Li Tai Fang's order. Feng Yu hoped that nothing bad would happen to Tao Tu Yun.

The next morning, Tao Tu Yun planned to go warn Dou Dou while Tao Fang Ao was working outside the Tao Manor.

'Mistress, don't go,' Su Wu said.

'Su Wu, you know I can't let Dou Dou drown,' Tao Tu Yun said.

'Mistress, if I can't stop you from going to see Dou Dou then I'm coming with you,' Su Wu said.

Tao Fang Ao had instructed Su Wu not to let Tao Tu Yun leave the Tao Manor while he was away. But Su Wu knew she couldn't persuade Tao Tu Yun not to go warn Dou Dou.

'Thank you Su Wu,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'There's not much time left. If you're coming with me, we need to leave now.'

'But mistress, second master Tao instructed the guards at the Tao Manor not to let you leave while he's not here,' Su Wu said. 'How are we going to leave the Tao Manor?'

'I have a way but it'll give the guards a little pain,' Tao Tu Yun said.

'Mistress, what kind of pain?' Su Wu asked.

'Putting laxatives in their food,' Tao Tu Yun said.

Tao Tu Yun gave Su Wu a bag of laxatives. Su Wu secretly put the laxatives into the guards' food. When the guards ran to empty their bowels, Tao Tu Yun and Su Wu ran to Dou Dou's home.

Tao Tu Yun and Su Wu took the mountain path to Dou Dou's home. They stopped in front of an old home.

'Mistress, are you certain this is Dou Dou's home?' Su Wu asked.

Su Wu looked at the holes and stains on the windows again. Before Tao Tu Yun answered Su Wu, Dou Dou opened the door.

'Big sister, what are you doing here?' Dou Dou asked Tao Tu Yun.

'Dou Dou, it's good to see you,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'Su Wu, we found Dou Dou's home.'

Tao Tu Yun crouched in front of Dou Dou and she held Dou Dou's hands.

'Dou Dou, do you want to go outside today?' Tao Tu Yun asked.

'Yes big sister,' Dou Dou said. 'My friend Yi Niu and I want to go play by the river today.'

'Dou Dou, you can't play by the river today!' Su Wu said.

Dou Dou hugged Tao Tu Yun because Su Wu raising her voice scared her.

'Su Wu, don't scare Dou Dou,' Tao Tu Yun said. She gently patted Dou Dou's back. 'Dou Dou, big sister Su Wu didn't mean to raise her voice. Big sister Su Wu is worried about you.'

'Dou Dou, I'm sorry I scared you,' Su Wu said.

'Big sister Su Wu, you don't need to worry,' Dou Dou said. 'It's safe for me to play by the river. If I don't go see Yi Niu today, she won't play with me again.'

'Dou Dou, big sister came to visit you today,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'If Dou Dou isn't home, who will show me where to sit?'

'But...' Dou Dou said.

'Dou Dou, what if you stay home with mistress today and I'll go explain to Yi Niu why you didn't go to play by the river today?' Su Wu asked.

'Alright big sisters,' Dou Dou said. 'Why did big sisters want to visit me today?'

'Dou Dou, let's sit inside your home and I'll explain,' Tao Tu Yun said.

Dou Dou took Tao Tu Yun and Su Wu into her home. Dou Dou's home was old but clean.

'Dou Dou, is that you?' the fortune teller asked from a bedchamber. 'Didn't you say you wanted to play with Yi Niu today?'

Dou Dou walked into the bedchamber with Tao Tu Yun and Su Wu. On the bed was an elderly woman who was coughing and had silver hair.

'Grandma, big sisters came to visit me so I didn't go to play with Yi Niu today.'

Dou Dou helped the fortune teller sit on a chair and she poured a cup of water for the fortune teller to drink.

'Why did you two come here to see Dou Dou today?' the fortune teller asked.

'Elder, I'm about to tell you something that is hard to believe,' Tao Tu Yun said.

'Dou Dou, grandma wants to speak privately with big sisters,' the fortune teller said. 'Dou Dou, go wait in your bedchamber for a little while.'

'Yes grandma,' Dou Dou said.

Dou Dou wanted to stay and listen to what the fortune teller wanted to say o Tao Tu Yun privately, but she obediently walked to her bedchamber.

'You can tell me why you're here,' the fortune teller said.

'Elder, for the next two days, you can't let Dou Dou leave here,' Tao Tu Yun said.

'Why?' the fortune teller asked.

'Because I had a premonition that in the next two days, Dou Dou will drown in a river,' Tao Tu Yun said.

***

End of Chapter Seven (Part 2)

2