Chapter 8.2
2k 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RFF - Chapter Eight (Part 2)

Madam Zhang had sent more assassins to kill Tao Tu Yun because she didn't want Tao Tu Yun to escape again. So when Tao Tu Yun and Su Wu was halfway back to the Tao Manor, another assassin appeared in front of Tao Tu Yun.

'Your life is over!' the assassin said to Tao Tu Yun.

Tao Tu Yun closed her eyes and accepted her fate.

Tao Fang Ao appeared at the critical moment. He checked Tao Tu Yun wasn't injured then he used his sword to fight with the assassin.

'Mistress, it's second young master!' Su Wu said.

Tao Tu Yun opened her eyes. She and Su Wu didn't expect someone like Tao Fang Ao who usually carried a fan was such a skilful swordsman.

Tao Fang Ao's merciless sword stabbed the assassin's chest. He withdrew the sword and the assassin fell on the ground.

'Second master Tao,' elder Jiang called.

Elder Jiang brought guards to help Tao Fang Ao. Elder Jiang was relieved to see Tao Fang Ao, Tao Tu Yun and Su Wu were unharmed.

'Interrogate the assassin and find out who sent the assassin to kill Tu Yun then take the assassin to the magistrate's court,' Tao Fang Ao instructed.

Tao Fang Ao turned around and hugged Tao Tu Yun tightly. She knew he was upset with her for putting her life in danger.

Tao Fang Ao silently took Tao Tu Yun back to the Tao Manor. In his calligraphy room, she sensed he was still upset with her.

Half a shichen hour later, Tao Fang Ao was still standing in front of the window of the calligraphy room. Tao Tu Yun was a little scared to say something to ease the tension between them.

Tao Tu Yun remembered seeing Tao Fang Ao's guards returning home injured. It meant there were many assassins sent to kill her. She felt guilty his guards were injured because of her.

'I'm sorry I went outside the Tao Manor on my own,' Tao Tu Yun said.

'You actually admit you did the wrong thing by going outside on your own?' Tao Fang Ao asked. 'Didn't you learn anything from your chest injury? If I didn't come in time to save you, do you think you'll return to the Tao Manor alive? How can you keep risking your life to save people? Tu Yun, I'm disappointed in you.'

It was the first time Tao Fang Ao looked coldly at Tao Tu Yun. His disappointment toward her felt like a stab to her heart.

'I can't do nothing and let people die,' Tao Tu Yun said and stood up from a chair.

Tao Tu Yun gripped her dress sleeves. She didn't want Tao Fang Ao to see her pain and tears.

'Tu Yun, even if you don't care about your safety, do you think about the people who worry about you?' Tao Fang Ao asked.

'It's not like that...' Tao Tu Yun said.

'You don't need to say anything else,' Tao Fang Ao said. 'Go rest in the bedchamber. I want to be alone.'

Tao Fang Ao turned around to face the window. If he kept looking at Tao Tu Yun's pale complexion, his heart would soften. He hard to be firm with her otherwise she would risk her life again.

Since Tao Fang Ao didn't want to see Tao Tu Yun, she ran outside the calligraphy room and silently cried.

Tao Fang Ao remembered how hurt Tao Tu Yun looked because of his harsh words. He picked up a chair and slammed it against the floor.

In the bedchamber, Su Wu opened the door for Tao Tu Yun. Su Wu didn't expect to see Tao Tu Yun crying.

'Mistress, what happened?' Su Wu asked. 'Why are you crying?'

Su Wu helped Tao Tu Yun to sit on a chair.

Su Wu knew Tao Tu Yun was gentle on the outside and a strong on the inside. The number of times Su Wu saw Tao Tu Yun cry was less than the fingers on one hand. Su Wu suspected Tao Fang Ao must have said something to upset Tao Tu Yun.

'Su Wu, am I wrong?' Tao Tu Yun asked. 'Is it wrong of me to care about helping people?'

Tao Tu Yun wiped the tears off her face and took a deep breath. She understood how much her parents and Su Wu worried about her for years.

'Mistress, it's not wrong of you to care about helping people,' Su Wu said. 'Yes, you make the people who care about you, worry about you. But we're proud of you. What did second master Tao say to you to upset you?'

'He said I'm a disappointment,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'It's good I disappointed him because we don't have a future together.'

'Mistress, don't say that,' Su Wu said. 'How can you live if you don't marry second master Tao?'

'Su Wu, don't mention me marrying him again,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'I've accepted my fate.'

Tao Tu Yun didn't expect when she was ready to accept Tao Fang Ao's love, he didn't love her anymore. Since nothing happened between them, it was better if she left the Tao Manor and returned home.

'Mistress, you can't do anything impulsive,' Su Wu said. 'I believe second master Tao must have said those hurtful words to you out of anger because you risked your life. Mistress, everyone can see how much second master Tao loves you. You should wait for him to calm down. I believe he'll forgive you.'

Su Wu didn't want Tao Tu Yun to die. Su Wu believed Tao Fang Ao and Tao Tu Yun loved each other, and Tao Fang Ao wouldn't let go of Tao Tu Yun.

'Su Wu, is that true?' Tao Tu Yun asked.

Tao Tu Yun wanted to believe Su Wu. Perhaps when Tao Fang Ao calmed down, he would listen to her explanation and she wouldn't feel it was hopeless between them.

Tao Tu Yun's heart constricted and her face turned white.

'Mistress!' Su Wu called.

***

End of Chapter Eight (Part 2)

3