Prologue (His Past) – 16. I Won’t Give Up
2.1k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several swordsmen advanced to him at the same time. Angel dodge down, rolled forward and hit the back of their knees, to make them kneel. He quickly drew his sword and pressed it to the neck one of them, while his left hand was strangling the other.

"Ilex! Stop it!" he shouted.

"How dare you try resist?! It's seems you really trying to rebel. The king's order is absolute! If he want your life, you have to give it!" Ilex said angrily.

He fell silent didn't believe what he heard. He risked his life to protect his kingdom, protected his family's honor and had given up his right for the king's throne. But after what he had done, his family still wanted to kill him, even slandering him as a rebel. As a royal family, there is nothing more dishonorable than being a rebel.

The lightest punishment for a rebel from the royal family is losing his family name, losing his status and being driven out of his homeland, but that's rarely happens, because the most often sentence is death penalty. Of course before the sentence was handed down, he had to go through the royal court and must be accompanied by strong evidence. But in his case, he realized that there was no use in requesting to prove himself in the court, because from the beginning they had planned to kill him.

"So uncle assigned them to kill me? A platoon of elite troops just to kill me? You really think too highly of me." Angel swung his sword, followed by a cracking sound from his other hand, two of his hostages fell, lifeless. He stood up, his eyes turned cold. His heart was aching terribly, even though he knew his family didn't like him but he never thought that they would have the heart to kill him.

Ilex raised his hand again and waved his two fingers forward, the archers marching in front of him while pointing their arrows at Angel, then he took a letter out of his blazer pocket.
"If you sign this confession letter, I promise I will give you a quick death!"

He stared at the confession letter on Ilex's hand briefly then smiled bitterly.
"Thank you for your offer, but I would rather die honorably than admit a crime that I didn't do!"

"Then don't blame me! Attack him!" shouted Ilex.

Dozens of arrows flew towards him. Angel broke all the arrows while moving forward. Ilex raised his hand again and waved his one finger to the front, the archers quickly retreated and replaced by the swordsmen that stormed at him. He counters their attacks and kills them one by one, making Ilex pressured.

Suddenly the arrows flew again, he tried to avoid it but one of them managed to penetrate his right shoulder. He kept advance as the arrows continued to fly towards him. When an arrow almost reached his head, he dodge down, took a sword that lying in front of him and threw it at Ilex. The archers gasped in shock as they see the sword flew through them towards Ilex. The sword scratched Ilex's face and managed to kill an archer behind him. Everyone paused in shock.

Angel got up and pulling out the arrow that stuck on his right shoulder without a flinch.
"Too bad, I missed it." he said with a straight face.

Ilex wiped a blood droplet that flow from the scratches on his face.
"How dare you! Are you trying to kill me !?"

He smirked.
"Why not? Aren't you doing the same thing to me?"

Suddenly, faster than a blink, he threw the arrow on his hand towards Ilex. 

Ilex tried to dodge it but it's too late. He groaned in pain as the arrow managed to pierce his left arm.
"ANGELUS RAIZEL, I WILL KILL YOU!" he shouted angrily.

Angel moved forward as he paid no heed to Ilex's anger. He kept swinging his sword toward the troops before him, killing most of them.

He was breathing heavily, the wound on his back began to open, bleeding, making the back of his uniform wet by his own blood and the wound on his right shoulder start to make his hand difficult to move.

Ilex took out the sword that he hid before and swung it towards him, their swords clashing. Angel gasped as he noticed a crack on his sword, he immediately back away and almost couldn't believe his eyes.

He stared at the sword on Ilex's grasp. 
"King's Sword? Uncle even give you his King's Sword to kill me?" he said in disbelief tone.

"Today you must die!" Ilex swung his sword with all his might, Angel held him back, the cracks on his sword were getting bigger and finally his blade shattered into pieces. He quickly jumped backwards. 

Ilex laughed sarcastically. 
"Now your Loyalty has been broken! Angel, I'll give you last chance! Give up and sign the letter! I will give you a quick death!"

He looked at Loyalty which had broken in his grasp then he gave it a sad smile as a goodbye and dropped it.  
"I have defied King of Asteria's orders, I don't deserve to hold it anymore. But giving up... is not an option." then he took another sword that lying in front of him and turned his gaze back to Ilex. His eyes looked like a fierce beast that refused to be defeated.

Ilex raised his hand and waved his index finger forward, the remaining swordsmen returned to attack him. He counters their attack and killed them all.

Suddenly arrows flew back at him, piercing his leg, his left arm and stomach. Angel stuck his sword to the ground to support his body that almost fell, blood flowing from his mouth. His breathing getting heavier every second, he had lost a lot of blood, his strength disappeared and his body became difficult to move.

45