Prologue (His Past) – 17. Angel Has Fallen
2.1k 3 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ilex swung his sword towards him, he immediately stood up, tried to block it but his sword was broken when clashing. Ilex kicked him, pushed him to the ground and strangled him.

"What a futile struggle! You should have given up from the beginning. Now don't expect me to give you a quick death." said Ilex with wicked smile on his face.

"I told you... giving up... is not an option." he said in panting breath. But despite his current condition, the looks on his eyes remained the same.

Ilex shoot his anger from his eyes.
"Even at a time like this you are still arrogant! Hold him!" he command.

The remaining elite troops approached him then held his arms and legs, pinned him to the ground.

Ilex stood before him and looked down on him. After some time, another wicked smile spread across his face.
"Angel, you are always known as Asteria's best swordsman. So I will start from your hands."

Ilex thrust his sword into Angel's palm accompanied by his groaned in pain.

Once he heard his groans, Ilex's wicked smile grew bigger, his eyes filled with excitement. It's such a long time he ever heard his groans, since Angel usually held his pain and never showed it to anyone.
"Since you can't hold a sword anymore, I'll make sure you can't run away."

Ilex thrust his sword into Angel's legs slowly and twisting it, make it as painful as possible. Angel groaned in pain accompanied by Ilex's evil laughter as he enjoyed his groans. His breathing got heavier like someone was pressing his chest, his whole body ached.

Ilex stared at his helpless state with a satisfied smile on his face, then he took broken Loyalty that lying on the ground.
"I really like your screams." he said as he thrust Loyalty on Angel's left chest.

Angel screamed uncontrollably, more blood flowed from his mouth, his chest was in extreme pain making him difficult to breathe. Ilex gave him another evil laughter.
"Make him kneel!" he ordered.

The remaining troops roughly pulled him and made him kneel while holding him. Ilex placed the confession letter before him and forced him to hold the pen.
"Sign the letter!"

He raised his head slowly and smirked sarcastically then he threw the pen on his hand. The pen was thrown towards the cliff then rolled and fell.

Ilex threw a punch at his face with anger. More blood dripping from his mouth while his consciousness began to disappear.

"You are so stubborn! I will make you sign it even using your blood!" Ilex pulled his bloody hand, took off his gloves and put his finger to the letter, then he took the badge from his collar.

"Take him to the cliff!" he ordered.

They dragged him to the cliff.
"Angel, can you see Whitedevil Rose flower field down there? I'm sure you will be happy to make this beautiful place as your grave." whispered Ilex with evil smile on his face.

"Actually, I planned to kill you first before threw your body here, but I changed my mind. It would be more interesting to throw you alive." he whispered again.

Ilex pushed him from the cliff. He could heard a cracking sound from his body when he hit the bottom, but he no longer knew what was broken, his whole body ached until he could not move.

Then, he could feel the plant tendrils begin to pierce his body, creeping inside, injecting its poison, sucking his blood, stirring his organs. In the midst of his consciousness that was almost gone, he could see the flowers around him began to turn red with his blood.

Angel gazed at tonight's full moon.
"Father... Forgive... Me..." he whispered.

After that, his sight turned dark, his body went numb, his breathing stopped…

42