Second Arc (His Art of War) – 12. Memories II
2k 10 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun had replaced by stars that glittering in the sky above Swanstar Lake. Angel took the roasted grass rabbit near the campfire in front of him, cut it off and gave it to Ophelia who was sitting next to him. She stared at the piece of meat in his hand briefly before returning her gaze to him.

"Are you sure we can eat this?" she asked doubtfully.

"Although it's not as good as the castle's food. I'm sure it can still be eaten," he replied.

She took the meat hesitantly and took a bite.
"He's right it's not as bad as it looks." then she took another bite.

He chuckled silently when he saw Ophelia start eating in enthusiasm, even her mouth was smeared in food leftover.
"I just found out she can forget the royal ethics at a time like this." He cut it again and gave her another piece of meat. She looked at him for a moment as she realized she was not behaving like a princess but her hungry stomach said otherwise, finally, she took the food in his hand shyly.
"Thank you." Then she looked away from him.

He took another piece of meat and started eating it in silence. After they finished, Ophelia turned her head side to side as she looking for something to clean her hands. He noticed it. A slight chuckled came out of his mouth as his hand pulled a handkerchief from his vest pocket and gave it to her.
"You can use my handkerchief."

"Thank you," she said as she taking the handkerchief from his hand. "I thought only noble men that always carry a handkerchief."
She started to clean her mouth with it but when the handkerchief touched her face, she smells a familiar scent that brings her a nostalgic feeling. She stared at the handkerchief as her hand gently grasping it.
"This handkerchief is made of silk." she shifted her gaze to him.
"Silk is very expensive. How can be he possibly have it?"
Unconsciously her hands moved to open his hood, but Angel immediately caught her.

"What do you want?" he asked, without turning his gaze at her.

She looked at him suspiciously, she didn't even flinch when he caught her hand.
"Sir, do I know you? May I know your name?"

"My name is Zel," he answered simply.

"Only Zel?" she said, her eyes still fixed on him.

Angel smirked and turned his gaze to her as he released his hand.
"Do you expect me to answer my name is Angelus Raizel Reinheart? That traitor?" he said sarcastically.

Ophelia's expression turned angry.
"You!"

"If that's what you want, I'm fine with it. At least he's a prince, not just a hunter like me," he continued.

"In your dream!" she replied irritably while looking away in annoyance.
"How can be I'm so stupid? Compare this annoying hunter with him!"

He sighed.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything about the late prince." he turned his gaze to the campfire before him.
"But I hope you can forget him soon. You are still young, there are a lot of men who better than him. Open your heart and give them a chance."

Ophelia was silent for a moment before answering.
"What do you know about him? What do you know about me? Nothing..." then she stood up.

He turned his gaze to her.
"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to sleep!" she replied curtly as she walking into the cabin.

Angel returned his gaze to the campfire before him, soon the door closing sound came behind him.
"Good night, Ophelia, " he muttered.

*

*

*

A familiar voice wakes Ophelia from her sleep.
"Ophelia! Ophelia!"

She opened her eyes slowly, the face of someone she knew began to appear.
"Angel..." she muttered.

"Ophelia! Wake up!"

She opened her eyes and realized that the one calling her was not Angel but her brother, Ilex.
"Brother?"

Ilex breathed a sigh of relief.
"You really make us worry."

She sat slowly while she swept her gaze around her in confusion and realized that she was in the Golden Light Castle's courtyard. She paused a moment tried to recall what happened last night. But as long as she remembered she slept in the cabin near Swanstar Lake, how could she come back here in an instant?
"Did he bring me back?"

She turned her gaze to her brother with an angry expression.
"Tell me where he is? Is he taking his prize from father?"

Ilex looked at her with a confused expression.
"Who do you mean?"

"That Hunter! Who else?" she replied in an annoyed tone.

"Ophelia, there was no one here when we found you," replied Ilex.

"Brother, don't lie to me."

Ilex turned his gaze to the guards beside him and they answered him by shaking their heads in the same confusion. He returned his gaze to her.
"We really didn't see anyone except you."

"Is everything just a dream?" she remembered of the hunter's handkerchief and found it behind her robe.
"No, it's not a dream."

Meanwhile, Angel stood outside the castle walls while listening to the noise in the courtyard.
"Ophelia, thank you for everything. But next time, we will meet as enemies..."

He walked into the nearby alley. Soon, his body engulfed in a dark aura and disappeared.

36