Second Arc (His Art of War) – 22. Reinforcement
1.8k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the next day, King Gervis walked back and forth in the middle of his study room at Golden Light Castle with a worried expression. He panicked after gotten news that the Euphorion army had captured Southpoint Town. Strangely, before the news came he already got another news from his elite troops that he stationed near the Southern Outpost. They said Euphorion's troops had not made any movements.  

"How did they get past the elite troops without being found? Did they take another route? But they couldn't have taken another route without being found out. I've been ordered to tighten the guards of the Southern border."

Now, he was pressed, King Gervis was in a dilemma for making tough decisions. If he announced to the court that means he must be prepared to account for all the actions that he has taken, including his decision to attack the Euphorion without the court's approval. His mind kept sinking in consideration about pro and cons for what decision he should be taken.
"I can't. If I announce to the court, the Reinheart Family's position as the royal family will be on the edge and that could cause internal disunity. It would be the same as destroying Asteria."

In confusion, a knocking sound was accompanied by the sound of the door being opened came, interrupting his thoughts. He stopped and shifted his gaze to the origin of the voice. His assistant entered the room and bowed to him.
"Your Majesty, I want to deliver an important letter from the Kingdom of Draconis," he said as he giving the letter to him.

King Gervis immediately opened the letter. This was the letter he had been waiting for, a letter that could save Asteria and his family position. His gloomy face brightened as he read the letter.
"Draconis agreed to my marriage proposal. I will coordinate their marriage with King Esteve of Draconis as soon as possible. As long as I can withstand Euphorion's attack, for now, I can turn things around soon."

*

*

*

A few days later, reinforcement arrived at Commander Irwin's camp near Southpoint Town, but there was something strange. The king only sends the troops without a general. This is very strange since their opponents led by a general from another kingdom, usually, they will also send a general to balance their power. He looked at the troops who were reporting before him. From their posture, he believed they were experienced troops that were almost on par with elite troops.
"General Jaden is in the capital, why the king didn't send him here? Does the king entrust me to reclaim Southpoint Town?" he thought. A proud smile appeared on his lips.

"Then I cannot disappoint the king."

*

*

*

Meanwhile, Flare walked among her troops who guarding the Southpoint Town wall, her eyes staring far towards the North waiting for the news from the spies she had sent to the Asteria army camp. Shortly from a distance, a snow owl of 'magic messager' flew towards her. She extended her hand as a place where the bird could land. As soon as the bird landed on her hand, it turned into a white light that shattered into pieces, leaving a message in her head.
'The reinforcements have arrived. They will attack tomorrow morning. '

She smirked after receiving the message.

"The fall of Asteria is near."

36