Second Arc (His Art of War) – 23. Sinner
1.8k 8 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moonlight penetrates the forest at Everlasting Green Hills near the capital of Asteria. Angel stood as he looked at Eternal Harmony City from a distance. His feelings were mixed when he stared at the city where he grew up.


"Maybe I am the worst traitor in the Andromeda Continent's history."
But he knew no matter his feelings were, he had to do what he had to do as the king of Euphorion, defend the sovereignty of his kingdom and Asteria had to pay all the consequences for attacking Euphorion for no reason.

Yesterday, he had received a 'magic messager' from Flare who said that Asteria's reinforcement troops had arrived and would attack Southpoint Town this morning. Everything went according to his plan. After losing in two battles at the Southern Border of Asteria, sending Elite troops to limit Gaia troops' movement and sending two other troops to retake Southpoint Town, the Eternal Harmony City's security was decreased. Also, King Gervis's attention was focused on the South, he would not have thought the enemy forces were near the capital. But even though all his plans were going well, his face didn't show the slightest happiness. With his dual identities, as king of Euphorion and prince of Asteria whoever wins this war, he still loses.

Shortly, Frost came and bowed.
"Your Majesty, our preparations are complete."

He clenched his hands trying to contain his mixed feelings, his eyes still fixed on Eternal Harmony City.

"There's no turning back now."

"Let's go," he said. He turned and walked past Frost.

"Blood is thicker than water, but my responsibility as a king is heavier than my past. Even though I must become a sinner. I will carry this crime to my death. Let the history record, Angelus Raizel is a cruel and heartless person."

*

*

*

The sun still shyly appears on the Eastern horizon in Eternal Harmony City's sky. Angel and the 'Black Devils Army' hide behind trees near the city's South gate. They will infiltrate the city and open the gates for Frost and the 'Black Wings Army'. This is the best way to take the city without causing too many casualties. For several days, the 'Dark Agents' kept reporting about the city's state. Unexpectedly, even though they had captured Southpoint Town but King Gervis still hadn't announced the declaration of war, he even seemed to cover up the news by announcing that the South route was currently closed due to monster attacks. If they carry out attacks directly, the civilians will be their first victims. Therefore he decided to infiltrate and attack before sunrise, to make sure the civilians had not left their homes yet.

Angel extended his hand and cast 'evil eye'. The dark aura from his hand formed a few black eyeballs that flew to the city wall. He closed his eyes for a moment as he checked the guards around it. He opened his eyes, in an instant, all the black eyeballs turned into a dark aura. "Two groups of guards. Although King Gervis has not made a declaration of war, he has tightened guard on the capital walls."

He moved his hand slowly and cast his 'demonic arrow'. Dozens of black lances began to appear around him. He moved his hands forward, the black lances flew towards the Asteria's guards and stabbed them right in the neck. One by one the guards collapsed without the slightest sound. He waved his hand forward, ordering his troops to advance. His troops immediately came out of their hiding place and approached the wall, they threw a small anchor that was connected by a rope and began to climb. Once they reached the top, they quickly spread around the gate. They killed every guard they met quietly without making the slightest sound and hid the corpse.

After making sure all his troops had successfully entered the city, he used his 'teleport' skill. The dark aura swallowed him and moved him to an alley near the Golden Light Castle. Before attacking, he must make sure King Gervis and Ilex don't have the chance to activate the Guardian's Sword  to make a barrier that protects Eternal Harmony City. Once the barrier is activated no one can exit or enter the City, turning it into the strongest and largest fortress in the Andromeda Continent.

He took out his 'evil eye' once again and checked the situation around the castle. As soon as he saw the opportunity, he concentrated his dark aura to his feet, moved quickly toward the castle walls and jumped past it. Angel hid among the trees in the castle courtyard as several guards walked past him. He moved across the yard, climbing a tall tree and slipped in through a window.

He walked down the corridor while occasionally hiding between the curtains and pillars. His feet stepped in confidence as he still remembered all parts of this castle. He peeked from behind the pillar, an ivory yellow door with a lion's head crest of Asteria in gold guarded by several elite troops placed not far from him. He only has one chance to attack and must not fail. He also only can depend on his dark aura, even though he was descended from a royal family. He could not use his magic power since the Reinheart family could not use magic at all so the Golden Light Castle's 'magic shield' was made to block all magic power.

He pulled out his sword and concentrated his dark aura on his legs and hands. He threw his sword at one of them and directly thrust his heart, killing him instantly. The other guards were startled, they were just about to pull out their swords. But he quickly approached them, reshaped his sword in his hand and swung it beheaded another guard. Two other guards attacked him, he dodged down and stabbed his sword right in the heart of one of them, then he quickly threw a spinning low kick at the other guard and pierced his sword into his neck. The last guard tried to escape and almost shouted but he quickly caught him from behind. In one pull, he twisted and broke the guard's neck.

He took his sword which was still stuck in one of the bodies and approached the door. He took off one of his gloves, bit of one of his fingers and put his hand close to the door. If the magic room in White Moon Castle was opened based on the king's magic power, then the magic room in Golden Light Castle was opened with the blood of the Reinheart's descendants. In the past, he had argued with King Gervis to allow him to prove his identity as the royal family by opening this door. But King Gervis had never allowed him. At that time, he didn't understand, but after his last meeting with Ophelia, he understood. They would not let him enter this room because he could have damaged this sacred room and replaced it with his power of darkness.

As soon as his blood touched the door, the light covering the door slowly disappeared, without wasting time as he entered the room.

40