Second Arc (His Art of War) – 24. Take Down The Capital
1.7k 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He entered a large room with ivory walls and gold ornaments adorning his surroundings, large pillars lined around it. In the centre of the room, there was a sword that was shined in golden light. He approached it and pressed the wound on his finger. His blood dripped on the sword's handle, the sword's gleam slowly faded and the 'magic shield' that protected the Golden Light Castle disappeared. 

Meanwhile, as soon as the Golden Light Castle's 'magic shield' disappeared. The 'Black Devil Army' emerged from their hiding place and killed the guards quickly and silently. Then one of them took out a 'signal fireworks' tube and fired it. A magic fireworks shot into the sky.

-BUM! Treek-- Treek-- Treek!

The magic fireworks symbolized the king's crown crest of Euphorion visible in the sky. Frost immediately gave the order to the 'Black Wings Army'.
"Charge!" he ordered while kicking the side of his horse to move forward.

An explosion sound shocked the guards, an emergency bell was sounded, a red fire signal was immediately fired into the sky signifying that the capital was being attacked. The entire city and Asterian troops were shocked by that sound. But it was too late... 'Black Wing Army' has entered the city and headed straight for the castle. While the 'Black Devils Army' spread out to clean the guards. General Jaden and his troops get ready in the castle yard to hold the enemy. King Gervis quickly put on his uniform, his eyes kept staring out the window, his face looked pale in worry.
"Send a message to all troops outside the capital that Eternal Harmony City is under attack," he ordered one of his guards as he walked quickly to the magic room.

Frost spurred his horse as fast as he could, from a distance he could see the castle gate was closed. In the courtyard, the Asteria archers had lined up and pointed their arrows at them. General Jaden was about to wave his two fingers forward, but suddenly dozens of black lances fell from above, crashing on them like rain. General Jaden tried to avoid but one of them managed to stab his leg. He groaned in pain, a hissing sound coming from his wound while his troops collapsed one by one after the sudden attack.

Frost gave his command to the magic user who was ready to attack.
"Explosion! Gate!"

-BOOM!

A large explosion sound was heard accompanied by the destruction of the gate. Frost glanced up as he passed the gate, a black eyeball floating in the sky.

"Your Majesty..."
He clicked his tongue as he returned his attention to the battle before him. Concern began to seize his heart since he knew His Majesty was using the 'evil eye' and 'demonic arrow' at the same time besides he could feel his 'magic barrier' from inside the castle. Cast three spells at the same time for a long period would be draining His Majesty magic power greatly, so he must quickly win this battle as soon as possible. He drew his sword to kill all the Asterian troops who were blocking him while continuing to lead the troops towards the barracks.
"Barrier!" he ordered.

The magic users surrounded the barracks and cast a 'magic barrier', confining the remaining Asteria troops that were still left inside the barracks.
"The rest come with me!" Frost commanded as he came down from his horse and entered the castle.

Meanwhile, Angel stood in the middle of the magic room that already covered with his dark aura, blocking anyone who tried to enter it. His eyes were closed, a thick dark aura enveloped him, beads of sweat began to appear on his face, occasionally he moved his hands like controlling something. Casting three spells at once requires incredible concentration and magic power, but only in this way can he win this war as fast as possible. 

-Bang! - Bang! - Bang! 

The door banging loudly. King Gervis, Ilex and elite troops had gathered in front of the magic room door trying to break in, but no matter how many times they tried they always bounced when touching the door. 

Shortly, the Euphorion army appeared at the end of the corridor and stormed at them. They were surprised as they never thought the enemy troops could penetrate the castle easily as if they were nothing. They took out their swords and fought back, but they were outnumbered, so they were forced to retreat while fiercely defending.

Elsewhere, Ophelia along with her two knights and several guards tried to escape through a secret passage. But only halfway, Euphorion's army came from the opposite direction. The guards immediately drew out their swords and blocked them.
"Your Highness, hurry up and go!"

Ophelia turned and ran in the direction she came from. Just when she was back at her room, Frost was waiting for her with some of his troops.
"I've been waiting for you, princess Ophelia."

Her knights took out their swords and attacked him. Frost lunged between them and swung his sword skillfully, in one slash, the cold air from his sword froze their hands. 'Freeze' is one of the spells that can only be used by water spirits to freeze their opponents.

Frost aimed his sword at Ophelia who looked frightened.
"Princess Ophelia, come with me."

38