Second Arc (His Art of War) -120. A Nostalgic Meeting IV
411 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) -120. A Nostalgic Meeting IV
"So whatever I said, you won't return?" Angel's hand started to emit another dark aura to knock her out. Though he didn't like this way, it was quicker to knock her out and bring her back to town with his teleport skill.
Rose shifted her gaze in another direction as her guilt for not being able to save the servant overwhelm her heart again. 
"No ..." She clenched her fists. 
"The servant has entrusted his family's safely to me. At least ... I want to make sure they are fine," she replied sadly.
"You just met that servant today. Why would you go that far for someone you don't know?" asked Angel. Breaking into the enemy's place alone was reckless, Rose could have died because of it. Although he didn't deny he also often did this despite his status as a king. But he knew where his limit was and if he felt it was beyond his control he would order Frost and the others to back him up. After all, Rose should have known her death would mess up the diplomacy between Zephyrus and Euphorion.
She smiled bitterly and turned to Angel. 
"That's why I said you are a Euphorion, not a Zephyrus. Though we have lost the war, this is my homeland and these people are my people. Isn't it a royal family's duty to protect her people and kingdom? " Then she lowered her head. 
"I know what I am doing is reckless. But ... After seeing my people suffering because of my family's inability to protect them. At least I don't want to see other people die in my presence." She lifted her rope dart slightly, her eyes on the weapon in her hand. 
"That's why I decided to take this path ..." She clearly remembered when her father died because of the rebels, she decided to learn to fight, just like a prince ... Not a princess who filled her time with parties and socializing with the nobles in the castle.
Hearing her answer, the dark aura in Angel's hand faded as did the barrier covering them. Somehow he could understand Rose's feelings well, because, despite his past as King Gervis' war puppet, he felt the same way every time he did a similar mission in Asteria. This also gave him the idea to form his newest troops 'Black Devil Army'. Angel let out a deep breath. 
"Fine, I'll let you come as long as you don't do any reckless things," he finally gave up.
Rose frowned. 
"I don't need your permission for this." Though he was an elite troop, he was just a soldier. He shouldn't have any authority to forbid her.
Angel cleared his throat after he realized he had just spoken as himself, the King of Euphorion. 
"I mean. I'll follow you, Your Highness. But promise me. You have to come back with me after this mission is over."
"Of course. Besides, I don't want a prolonged war between Zephyrus and Euphorion because of me," said Rose.
Angel's hand brushed the hanging roots in front of them to the side and gestured so Rose could come out first
"Thank you." Rose came out of their hiding place followed by Angel. Her gaze shifted to Angel's sword that was lying nearby and took it. Even though it was dark, she could see a faint trace of dark aura on the blade. 
'Is he a dark magic-user?' She was quite surprised by that since all she knew was Angel was the only dark magic user that she knew and he should be at Scarlet Stone Castle now. Rose rubbed her eyes with her other hand and looked at the sword to make sure her sight was right and the dark aura had disappeared. 
'Am I wrong?' She remembered it was the same dark aura that Angel had used to tie her last night.
"Is something wrong, Your Highness?" asked Angel calmly. He knew Rose was aware of the dark aura on his sword, so he quickly withdrew it silently.
"Are you also a dark magic-user like your king?" asked Rose with a suspicious gaze as she returned the sword to him. She knew in Andromeda Continent a magic-user would not be able to use a sword, even if he could, he would not be able to use it properly. Whereas a swordsman shouldn't have magic power. Although that should also apply to dark magic-users, they could be different.
Angel took his sword and sheathed it. 
"No," he answered lightly. 
"But if you mean the dark power in my sword, it is because the king himself bestowed me this sword."
"Is that so ..." She did not think Angel could bless someone else's sword with his dark power. Rose turned her gaze to the main path. The rebels' screams had disappeared along with the previous loud battles' sounds, indicating that the battle was over. All they needed to do was finish off whoever was left there.
"Let's move out. We have to finish them off before their friends find out about this," said Angel. Then they walked through the dark forest.


Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:
Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White,Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, Matt, Ege, Ethan Hand, Sebastian, steven jaco, colin love, Coheed27, Daniel, SupremoCourt, Ethan Chen, Tobias Alkblad, Joshua T O'brien, Everett Casaus, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, francis Richard, Cameron Taylor, Chriz1406, nolan nickelBerry, kayden duhaney, Russell Davidson, HamDaniel, Daniel Mills, Brandon Bradley, regenschabe, Casey E Maupin, Pedro Sousa, Laplace End, Bodybags87, Zach Borer, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Yeuromain, Anthony Gauthier, logan, Glenn Grogan, Gregory Lamberta, Dim Dolgopolov, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, May Song, TheBroilern, Warwulfv, Jay Owen, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, ThatOneGuy, Jordan Thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, bloodbane 21, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, RedWolf17, Jason Dionne, Jetdy S, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Aesop, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty Lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Panda Daoist, Maian, _Sup, Robbie stobie, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, ThisClown, Shae D, Kyle, timothy Wickham, Ser, Tony Hart, Sam Ellis, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, joecifer, Jakub, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, The Tallest Joshua, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Nemorus, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️


9