Second Arc (His Art of War) – 123. Ecrin Village III
320 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 123. Ecrin Village III
"On the count of three," whispered Angel. And Rose immediately grabbed her knives tightly. They only had one chance. If this attack failed, the rebels would use the hostages as their shield.
"One ..." Angel moved his back to shift his bow closer.
"Two ..." His other hand shifted to the quiver hanging on the horse's side. While Rose's eyes focused on her targets.
"Hey! What are you waiting for? Hurry up and get her down!" said the leader impatiently.
"Three!" Angel raised his bow and fired two arrows at the two guards behind the hostages. While Rose threw her two knives as the rope that were wrapped around her wrists fell. Those four rebels died instantly.
"Intruder !!!!!" shouted the leader which was followed by the hostages' terrified screams.
Rose quickly took the reins from Angel's hands and spurred the horse through the rebels around them who were still shocked, to the hostages place. While Angel took the other arrows and fired at the rebels. As before, his first targets were the archers.
The rebels charged with the weapons in their hands. Meanwhile, after the horse stopped near the hostages, Rose tried to slow them down by throwing her knives to kill a few rebels in the front row.
"Are you finished yet?" she shouted. She couldn't let these rebels get too close to the hostages, because they could use one of them as a shield.
"Archer clean!" said Angel as he killed the last archer with his arrow.
Then as if on cue, they get off the horse. Rose hit the back of the horse, making it on a rampage and charging at the rebels who stormed at them. Meanwhile, Angel pulled out his sword and released the two people who were bound to the pole.
"Go hide in the house!" said Angel as he pointed to where he meant. Realizing that Angel was trying to save them, the other hostages immediately stood up and started running towards the house. While the boy tried to help his dying father to walk.
Seeing those two people walking slowly, some elderly, coupled with a pregnant woman in pain, Angel knew they wouldn't be able to evacuate themselves in time. He sheathed his sword and raised his bow again, firing his arrows at the rebels to help Rose who was busy whipping her rope dart to the rebel neck as his feet moved towards her.
"Your Highness, leave this to me. Help the hostages to hide faster!" said Angel, his hand shooting his arrows without stopping. But the rebels outnumbered them, no matter how fast they killed, the rebels got closer and closer. Meanwhile, some of few rebels were skilful enough to ward off their attacks.
"I can't leave you alone!" she insisted. Her hands continued to move to throw her rope dart. She had to admit, she had a hard time killing them because she wasn't using her whip. Besides without the poison on the tip of the dart, sometimes she had to strike twice to kill a rebel.
"Look behind you!" said Angel again. He needed Rose to help and protect the hostages. Besides, he was sure he could face the rebels alone.
Rose turned around and saw that a boy was having a hard time carrying his dying father and the servant's wife was having hard time to walk.
"Tch! I'll be right back!" She quickly ran towards the hostages to help them. While Angel dropped his bow since his arrow was gone and pulled out his sword again.
The rebels charged at him, but Angel flowed his dark aura onto his legs and lunged at one of them. With one swing, a rebel's head separated from his body and rolled to his friends' feet. The rebels' steps stopped, their eyes widened in shock since Angel's movement was so fast that they didn't even notice before their friend's head was right in front of their feet. The headless body fell and spattered blood from his neck, exposing Angel who was staring at them with a cold gaze.
"Come at me," said Angel with an evil smirk. It had been a long time since he had fought alone like this after all this was a good exercise since he was a little bored taking care of Zephyrus' chaotic aristocracy all day long.
The rebels looked hesitant. Their instincts told them that the person in front of them was very dangerous. They slowly retreated, but the leader's voice came from behind them.
"What are you doing ?! He's alone! Why are you scared of him ?!" snapped the leader. Even though Angel and Rose had killed some of them, at least there were still more than fifty people there.
"Charge!" ordered the leader. Finally, the rebels followed their leader's orders and charged at Angel.
Meanwhile, Rose helped the pregnant woman walk to the house. While another villager woman helped the dying man and his child. As Rose entered the small house that was cramped by the villagers, a woman's scream came from outside.
"Noooo !!! Let me go !!!"
Rose handed the pregnant woman to another villager and turned to see what happened. Two rebels were pulling and dragging the villager woman. While the dying man fainted and his son tried to wake him up. Rose was about to throw her rope dart at the rebels, but Angel's movements were faster than her. After Angel swung his sword at the rebel in front of him, he snatched the sword in the rebel's hand. And in one precise movement, he turned around and threw his two swords at the rebels that grabbed the girl, killing them instantly.
"Hide yourself!" shouted Angel as he grabbed another sword nearby.
Rose helped the boy bring his father into the house. While the village girl also went in there and closed the door.
As soon as Angel heard the sound of the door closing behind him, he retreated to make a distance. A wicked smile on his lips as he stretched out his hand and took out his Demonic Arrows. The house's window faced the other side, so he wasn't afraid Rose and the villagers would find this out. Dozens of black lances appeared around the rebels. They were petrified in shock and fear when they realized who their opponent was, including the leader.
"You ---" Before they finished their sentence, Angel waved his hand, moved his black lances to stab the rebels and left the leader who was trembling with fear. The rebels' screams echoed throughout the village, startling Rose and the villagers. She was just about to help him but the villagers forbid her since they already know her identity as a princess.
Without wasting time, Angel teleported himself in front of the leader. The leader's sword fell as his hands trembled after seeing Angel who had suddenly appeared before him in an instant.
"We need to talk or rather ... I need your memory," said Angel with an evil grin. Then his dark aura engulfed both of them as he used his teleportation again.
As Angel and the rebel leader disappeared, Rose opened the door in a panic. But she was shocked by the scene before her. All the rebels had died without leaving anyone there, including Angel. She quickly ran to search for him.
"Rai!"
12