Second Arc (His Art of War) – 125. Her Battlefield
289 10 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 125. Her Battlefield
"It's safe now. The elderly can return to their house," declared Rose as her feet stepped into that cramped house. The first thing she needed to do was reduce the people inside the house because she could not do anything in such conditions. Then she stopped and pointed at a few strong-looking men.
"You and you, bring her to her house," she said as her index finger shifted to the pregnant woman.
"Yes, Your Highness," said the men and they carried the woman carefully.
She turned to the nearby middle-aged women.
"Do you understand labour procedures?"
The women nodded their heads.
"But we only understand the standard procedure, Your Highness," they replied.
"It's fine. Prepare warm water and some clean cloth. Help her as much as you can, I will catch up with you as soon as I finish treating him," said Rose as she pointed to the man who was lying weakly on the bed.
They lowered their heads.
"Yes, Your Highness," answered the women.
Rose stepped towards the bed.
"Please help me to take off his clothes," she said as she sat down beside the man. And some of the men carried out her order.
With just a brief check-up, Rose realized how bad his wounds were and what she had to do. But even though she realized his bad condition, she had to prepare several things in advance. If not, what she did would only make his condition even worse. Without averting her gaze, she gave her orders again.
"I need two basins of warm water, 2 basins of clean water, one bottle of alcohol, anaesthetic ---" Before she finished her sentence, she turned to the people in the room and realized their confusion. After all, they were villagers, it was unlikely they would understand what she was asking for.
"Prepare warm water and some clean cloth for me, also bring me all of your medicines." Finally, she changed her request.
"Yes, Your Highness," they replied and they carried out her order.
Rose returned her gaze to the man in front of her. She knew there was not much time, besides that, she might not be able to obtain what she needed in a small village like this. Whereas she also couldn't find the herbs she needed in the darkness of the night like this.
'What should I do?' she thought.
Angel, who was standing silently by her side, realized her worries.
"Tell me what you need. I'll find it for you." Treating other people was not his speciality, but from her expression and current situation he could already guess what was troubling Rose.
Rose turned to Angel in doubt.
"Are you sure you can do it? I mean ---" She turned to the dying man again.
"He doesn't have much time." It took at least two hours by horse to reach Fortaare Town and two hours to return here. And Rose knew this man couldn't wait that long. But she was also not sure the villager had the right medicines.
"Just tell me what you need. I'll bring it as fast as I can," said Angel.
"Fine," Rose told everything she needed and Angel remembered it.
"How about the other one?" asked Angel after Rose finished her request.
"You mean the pregnant woman?" she asked.
"Yes. Does she need anything?"
Rose looked hesitant. She knew that the pregnant woman needed some medicine and tools to help her give birth easier since she would deliver her baby prematurely. But if Angel was out for too long, maybe the dying man would die.
"Just tell me what you need. Including the ointment and salve." Even though Angel was not as expert as Rose, he knew Rose only asked for essential medicines before.
"But promise me you will look for it only if you can come back before midnight," said Rose.
"I understand," said Angel.
Rose told him what she needed again.
"It's that all?" Angel confirmed again.
"Yes. Please, quickly," said Rose in a panic.
Angel nodded and left the house. Quickly, his feet stepped out of the village gate into the forest nearby. After he walked far enough from the village, he swept his gaze around, making sure no one was following him. Then he used his teleportation to return to his castle in Euphorion.
Meanwhile, some people began to come with what Rose ordered, including the medicines.
"Can anyone help me clean the wounds?" asked Rose.
"Let me do it, Your Highness," said the boy in a sobbing voice.
"Wash your hands. Clean around the wound carefully, don't let it touch the wound directly," she explained.
The boy nodded and did as she was told.
Meanwhile, Rose took some medicines in front of her and checked one by one for the smells since some of them didn't even have any label. While others were just traditional herbal medicines. She began to open some of it and mix them in a small bowl as a substitute for a medicine bowl to make an emergency medicine, but of course, it wouldn't be as good as the original.
'Rai, please come back in time ...'
11