Second Arc (His Art of War) – 130. Restart
318 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 130. Restart

Quickly, Rose released Angel's hand and turned her head in another direction. Her hands closed the bag containing the medicine next to her without answering his question. She didn't think Angel would get it right and she couldn't possibly answer it. A political prisoner fell in love with the enemy king? Wasn't that tantamount to destroying her pride as the princess of Zephyrus? Moreover, she could imagine how all the people on Andromeda Continent laughed at her just because of her irrational feelings. At least, though her kingdom had lost she wanted to keep the rest of her dignity.

"I want to check the pregnant woman's condition," said Rose. Her hand carried the medicine bag.

Angel smirked at her reaction. His mood improved since he was able to guess her answer. He did not expect his decision to go to this place which he thought was just a light walk and exercise would give so much information for him. Not only about the Heart family's hidden power but also about Rose's feelings.

As Rose passed him, Angel suddenly spoke again.
"I will take that as a yes."

Startled, Rose stopped in her tracks.

Since Rose stopped in her steps, Angel continued.
“If you love His Majesty, you shouldn't-"

Before Angel finished his sentence, Rose interrupted him.
"It's not as easy as you think, Rai." She turned to Angel and he quickly caught traces of confusion in her eyes.

“He's changed a lot. Though I never really knew him, I could feel it ... Besides, after what he did to my kingdom, do you think I can forgive him that easily? ”

“Isn't that the same as him? He lost his largest trading city because of your family. Although Asteria did it, you can't deny the truth, it's your family's poison that killed his people," replied Angel.

Rose paused. She could not deny, she and Angel had a deep grudge against each other because of the misunderstanding and other people's mistakes.

"Do you think we can forgive each other that easily?" she asked.

"Why don't you try it? Euphorion could be a great start for both of you. ”Angel knew it wouldn't be easy for him either Rose, but at least he wanted to take this opportunity. After all, as he said before, Euphorion and Zephyrus' political interests were in line with their feelings. Wasn't that a good reason to restart everything?

She replied with a bitter smirk.
“Your king has too many tricks up his sleeve. I don't know... Maybe he's just playing with me. "

"The king does have a lot of tricks but he's never played with women's feelings." He always drew a clear line on every woman who approached him. If he didn't have feelings for her, he would politely refuse her in the first place instead of giving her empty hopes. That's why all women think he was too cold for romance. And so far, only Rose could make his heart wavered.

Rose paused again. Starting all over again didn't sound bad to her, with that, maybe Rose would know more about Angel, about what changed him, about what happened to him five years ago, and also about the origin of his dark powers. It was just... everything was too fast for her.

"I'll think about it later ... Right now, I can't think of anything other than my kingdom safety." Zephyrus just lost the war, this was the best time for the rebels to make a move and she could already guess that their first victim would be the innocent people.

“I believe the king has the capability to deal with that problem. He never took over a kingdom to destroy it. " A destroyed kingdom would only trigger a long-term war. Although he conquered, he was never interested in destroying what he got. That's also the main reason why he always made a strategy that could break through enemy defenses and win the war in a short time.

She turned to Angel and looked at him with a serious gaze.
"You know, not only suitable as a general, but you are also suitable as a delegation. King Angelus should give you a higher position, not only make you do the dirty work (she means killing people). " Rose realized this elite soldier's intelligence and abilities surpassing the other elite soldiers she had met before. She even thought, if all Euphorion's elite troops were people like him, she wasn't confused why Euphorion could take over other kingdoms so easily.

Angel let out a short chuckle.
"Thank you for your compliment, Your Highness. But I can't complain because another royal family member is doing the same dirty work like me, ”he replied.

Rose couldn't reply to his words since what he said was true.

"I'm going to the other house," said Rose as she turned her gaze to the door. Her hand lifted the bag.

"Let me help you." Angel's hand was just about to take the bag from Rose but she refused it.

"It's fine. You can't get into the house anyway. Stay here. Help me to look after that man. Call me if there's something wrong with him, "said Rose.

"I understand, Your Highness," replied Angel.

After giving him a slight nod, Rose walked out of the house. While Angel looked at her disappear from his sight. A smile developed on his lips.
"I never thought, after what I've done, your feelings are still the same to me. I think Euphorion and our marriage will be a good start for us… ”

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:

Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Redfuio, Puggan Se, Daniel Cortez, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Jaycob Strunk, Grundy00, Riley, Milestone, Od-Man, Andrew Desmond, Cbnr2336, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Skyler Ting, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, colin love, Coheed27, Draxisaur4, Ethan chen, Tobias Alkblad, Joshua T O'Brien, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Cameron Taylor, Joseph Bentley, Sentinel, nolan nickelberry, Russell Davidson, HamDaniel, Brandon Bradley, regenschabe, Casey E Maupin, Laplace End, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Yeuromain, Anthony Gauthier, Glenn Grogan, Gregory Lamberta, Alzein, Akhil, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, TheBroilern, Warwulfv, Jay Owens, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Baráth Bálint, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, bloodbane 21, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, Jetdy S, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, Jonathan Flook, MacZeuss, The Tallest Joshua, Royce321,LORD SHAXX, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord


10