Second Arc (His Art of War) – 1. Gale’s Infiltration I
942 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dim starlight adorns the night sky above Luminus City. The city situation was quiet. In just one day, the happy laughter at New Year's Party turned into sorrow. The castle has announced news about Pearl Gate City and the declaration of war against Asteria. Although the fears of war and the anger at Asteria's attacks are clearly visible on the civilians faces, with the trust that has been built so far, they can be pacified easily.

Angel sat on the balcony railings that made of stone. His back leaning against a large pillar between the rail, one of his hands resting on his folded knee. He closed his eyes tried to resting his mind, letting the night wind sweep his face and comb his dark blue hair.

He had just finished discussing about war preparation with Chancellor Allan and manage the war budget with the finance minister. Now he was waiting for the report on the troops preparation from Frost and Flare. It shouldn't take long to prepare it. In addition, for war supplies and equipment, as the most prosperous kingdom on the Andromeda Continent, Euphorion had more than enough of it.

Shortly, Frost approached him and bowed.
"Your Majesty, our preparations are complete."

A smirk slowly appeared on his lips.
"Very Well. As soon as Gale sends the news, we will leave immediately."

"Yes, Your Majesty, " Frost replied.

Angel opened his eyes slowly and raised his head, staring at cloudy night sky.

"He should be at Asteria's outpost by now."

*

*

*

Meanwhile, Gale sat on a branch of a big tree in the forest near Asteria's outpost. His legs swinging casually like a child waiting for his parents. His eyes kept pay attention to the troop's movement. Some guards looked walking back and forth into the outpost with confused expressions. The night was getting late, but General Helias and his troops had not returned yet. Even, none of the troops sent to find out their news returned. The 'magic messager' they sent was not replied, whereas if General Helias was dead, it should be the 'magic messager' that they sent back to them. This situation made them confused, as if General Helias and his army disappeared without a trace.

A yellow dove flew from the outpost. Gale pulled out his bow and aimed at the bird, his hand emitting a green light that formed an arrow that more looked like a short lance. He shot it, the bird turned into a yellow light that shattered into pieces. Gale chuckled quitely while imagining the Asterian army's face inside the outpost. He listened to the night wind that blowing hard past his ears, as if they were whispering to him. A smile grew on his lips then he jumped down from the tree like a monkey.
"Alright, it's show time, " he muttered as he walked past the Asterian troops bodies that were scattered under the tree.

Gale bent his back while splitting the leaves in front of him and looked at Asteria's outpost wall nearby. He had been around this place for several hours and found this is the only place with the least guard.

Soon, some of the guards who previously stood there, moved down the outpost stairs.
"His Majesty is right, they will change the guards every midnight."

He immediately pulled his bow, his hand emitted a green light which formed some arrows and then he shot it towards the wall. The arrows stuck between the stone walls neatly formed like a ladder.

Gale quickly approached the wall and jumped from one arrow to another with relaxed and agile steps. His arrows were stronger than 'magic arrows' or regular arrows, it can hold the weight of five adults. Once he reached the top, he bent down while running towards the nearest post tower. But before he arrived, several guards suddenly appeared. They almost screamed, but Gale immediately pulled his bow and shot them right in their throat.

They fell without a chance to scream. Without wasting time, Gale ran into the tower and hid himself. He looked at the bodies of the guards nearby and smiled proudly at himself.
"I'm so cool! If His Majesty sees me, he definitely will give me more cakes."

He peeked between the walls and looked inside the outpost. The guard inside was tight, some guards were seen lining up neatly while continuing to walked around the yard. Some were seen gathering around a campfire in the middle of the yard while chatting. Gale swept his gaze, searching for his target. A circular building behind the outpost.

Gale moved as soon as he found it. He climbed down the stairs slowly as calm as possible, his hand holding his bow tightly.

The sound of footsteps accompanied by the sound of people chatting could be heard. Gale stopped his steps and pressed his back against the wall to hide. Several guards appeared from the bottom of the stairs, he quickly shot them with his arrows. The guards collapsed, Gale had just given a proud smile to himself, but apparently there was one guard who still alive.
"Intruder-"

Before the guard screamed, he jumped at him while stabbing his arrow to his throat. His other hand covering the guard's mouth, making sure no sound came out. The guard fell and Gale breathed a sigh of relief.

"I almost messed it up."

He slowly down the stairs, until he reached the exit. He hid beside the door and peeked to check the surroundings. The building was opposite to him and not connected to walls or other buildings. He had no choice but to cross a yard full of guards. He paused as he looked for ways to cross it without getting caught, seeing the Asterian troops bodies near him, an idea cross his mind. He examined their bodies, hoping there was someone who had the same body size as him. But no, all their bodies are bigger than him. Finally he took one of the smallest blazers and tried on it.
"I feel like a kid wearing his father's clothes ..." he thought, looking at the sleeve that fully covered his hands with an annoyed face.

He took it off while nagging in his thought.
"Tsk! As the most favored General in Euphorion I shouldn't wear an oversize blazer like this! It will decrease my popularity!"

He looked back at the yard, there was nothing that could be used as a hiding place. He thought hard.
"His Majesty just said to destroy the poison. But he didn't say I shouldn't mess up, right?"

A smile reappeared on his lips as his hand returned to emit a green light which formed several arrows.

"Alright, then I'll go in with my style!"

21