Second Arc (His Art of War) – 2. Gale’s Infiltration II
888 8 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gale raised his bow, his hands formed several arrows and shot them. Some of the guards collapsed while the others immediately took out their weapons.

"Intruder !!!" they shouted.

He came out of his hiding place while kept shooting his arrows. His first target is the magic users who start casting their magic, then the archers on the back row and the last was the swordsmen who invaded at him. His feet moved quickly across the yard. Some guards swung their swords at him, he held back one of them with his bow while his leg kicked another sword of the other. After the sword was thrown, Gale jumped and kicked the sword to his first enemy before stabbing his arrow at the enemy who had lost his sword.

The other guards charged together at him. He dodged down to avoid his first enemy then quickly turned around and stabbed his arrow at his enemy's back. The second enemy came from behind him. He pulled back the arrow which stuck in the back of his first enemy, turned around and shot at his second enemy. The third enemy swung his sword right behind his second enemy who had just collapsed. Gale held his sword with his bow, his other hand formed a new arrow and thrust it at him. The other guards stormed at him. Gale quickly retreated and ran away, the guards chased behind him.
"It's not fair!" he shouted.

He concentrated his magic power and casts 'accelerate' to speed up his legs movements. 
"Tsk! I used 'accelerate' but my speed is still far away from His Majesty."

Gale turned and aimed his bow at the guards that already left behind and shot his arrows. Some of the guards at the frontline collapsed. His hand formed other arrows. The remaining guards turned around and run away. He shot his arrows, knocking down a number of them, while the rest ran off. Gale chased after them while pointing his arrows.
"Hey! Don't run away!" he shouted accompanied by a happy laugh.

He shot them again but his arrows bounced. He stopped his steps and turned his gaze to the second floor of the building behind them. The magic users cast a 'magic barrier' protecting the guards in the yard from his arrows, while the archers lined up beside them were ready to shoot him.
"Attack!" one of them shouted.

The guards in the yard who had run away turned after him, while the archers shot their arrows at him. Gale immediately casts 'accelerate' on his feet and runs away.
"Aaaaaaa !!!! This is really unfair!!!"

He noticed there was a door nearby and ran towards it. He was about to open it but the door was locked.
"Seriously?!"

The archers were fired at him, he protected himself with his wind wall and threw all the arrows. He turned his gaze behind him, the guards were getting closer.
"I'm gonna die here!"

Then he realized there was a window on the building beside him. He immediately shot his arrows to the wall and deftly climbs up the arrows while occasionally bent down to avoid the enemies' arrows. Once he reached the top, he entered through the window. The guards quickly followed him to climb up. But Gale's arrows suddenly disappeared when they were just half-climbed. He laughed happily as he watched the guards fell piled on each other on the ground.
"Do you think I will let you climb using my arrows?"

The enemies were shot at him through the window, he quickly ducked down to avoid. After the situation calmed down, he stood up and stuck out his tongue, his index finger pulling one of his eyes down.
"Weee! You missed!"

"Attack him!" commanded one of the Asterian armies angrily. The enemy arrows were flying at him again, but he quickly bent down and escaped with his laughter.

He had just run a few meters when the guards inside the building came from his opposite direction.
"He's here!" they shouted.

He immediately turned around and ran away from them.
"Don't you have anything else to do besides chasing me?"

Soon other guards came from his opposite direction.
"Catch him!"

Gale shot them with his arrows and knocked them down while his legs kept moving forward. As the rest of the guards approached, he made a wind wall around him and ran past the guards who were thrown.
"Move! Give a way to General Gale!"

Gale casting another 'accelerate' on his feet while keep running away from them. Suddenly arrows flew towards him from the window, he stopped his steps when an arrow almost hit him.

He pulled his bow and shot at them. His arrows managed to kill several archers in the opposite building. He had just laughed happily, but the sound of footsteps reminded him that his enemies were still chasing him. He took a glanced at them and saw the guards running after him with enthusiasm.
"Aaaaaa !!! I'm sorry !!! Gale shouted when he returned to run away. 

Glossary 

'Accelerate' is a skill that can only be used by wind spirits to speed up the leg movements.

17