Second Arc (His Art of War) – 3. Gale’s Infiltration III
831 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gale ran down the narrow corridor, his hands keep moving to shoot at the guards who were chasing him inside the building. Occasionally he bent down to avoid the enemy's arrows from the window and returned their shot before run again. His target building was next to his current position but with the guards chasing him and the yard which was now full of guards, it would be difficult for him to cross there. Yes, the mess that he made managed to wake the entire outpost and now all the guards are chasing him.

He continued to run while imagining His Majesty's angry face.
"He will add my sentence and forbid me to eat cake for two years!"

Gale turned his gaze to his nearby target building and noticed there was a rope at the building's roof which was used to hang a large gonfalon to welcome the royal family. The rope is connected to the building's roof where he is now. He smiled when he had found his way to cross.
"My cake, here I come!"

The wind flow leading Gale to the top of the building. He climbed the stairs to the roof, swept his gaze to find the rope and immediately approached it. His enemies' footsteps began to sound. He returned the bow to his back, grabbed the rope and cut it with his arrow. Once the guards reached the roof, he had jumped, swinging to the opposite building.
"Yiiiihhhaaaa!"

"Shoot him!"
The archers shot their arrows at him but Gale brushed them off with his wind wall. He stuck out his tongue, teased the guards who could only be silent watching him and laughed at them.

-Brraakkk!

He crashed into a wall then he groaned in pain.
"Aaawww!"

Now it was the guards who laughed at him. Gale's hand was holding his face which already red from hitting the wall while his eyes staring the guards in annoyance. His other hand was still holding on to the rope.
"Damn! I thought I was cool." he cursed.

Suddenly another arrows were fired at him. He quickly swung to the side to avoid it.
"Time out! Time out!" he shouted, waving his hands at the archers asking them to stop attacking him.

"Shoot him!"
The archers continued to shoot their arrows ignoring Gale's scream.

"Gyaaaa!"
He brushed it off with his wind wall and immediately climbed the rope as fast as he could and entered the nearby window.

Gale ran down the corridor while searching for his room target.
"Now I have to find the room with a large door."

As soon as he turned at the end of the hall, he gasped when he saw the guards running towards him from the opposite direction. He glanced at a large door next to them.
"You must be kidding me!" he muttered as he pulled out his bow again while his other hand created several arrows and shot it at them.

Gale moved forward while keep shooting at them, shortly he noticed the guards who had just arrived were casting a 'magic barrier'. He quickly shot his arrow to killed the magic users who had just arrived. The other guards who were already approached him swung their swords.

He resisted his attack with his bow.
"Can we take a break?" he said while giving him an awkward grin.

The other enemy approached and attacked him . Gale dodged down, his hand forming a new arrow and stabbing it at his first enemy. The second enemy swung his sword again, he rolled to dodged and shot him.

As soon as he stood up, he gasped again when he saw other enemies invading at him. He made a wall of wind around him and dashed to threw them.
"Excuse me, I'm in a hurry!" then he immediately barged into the room.

He closed the door and locked it, his eyes swept around him. He approached the desk in the middle of the room, opened the drawer and found some strange bottles there.
"Yes! Found you."

A bang from the door came.

-Bang! - Bang! - Bang!

He destroyed all the poison bottles in the drawer and tried to escape from the window, but several arrows flew from there. Gale quickly dodge it.
"Seriously?!"

He pulled his bow and fired his arrows at them, knocking them all. Just as he was breath a sigh of relief, suddenly the guards broke in.

-Brraakkk!

Without second thought, Gale climbed out of the window and jumped down. But once he reached the bottom, the guards were waiting for him with weapons in their hands. He gave them another awkward grin, his eyes glancing to the right and left trying to find a way out but nothing.

He pressed his back against the wall and realized there was a door behind him.
"Er... Hello?"

"Attack him!"
The guards rushed toward him, Gale entered the door and locked it. The banging sound came again.

-Bang! - Bang! - Bang!

He retreated slowly while staring at the door which was shaking violently before him. He had just prepared his bow to attack them.

But suddenly his feet hit a large wooden chest. The chest's lid opened and showed the swords in it. He swept his gaze around him and realized that he was in the armory. A grin appeared on his face as he returned his bow to his back.
"It's show time!" he said, his hands releasing his magic power. A strong wind swirled in the room, lifting the weapons and making it revolve around him.

The guards managed to break in, Gale rushed towards them.
"Hiyaaaa!"

The guards who saw the weapons flying around him, turned around and ran. He chased after them with a happy laugh, but as soon as he came out he realized it's almost dawn.
"This is bad. If I don't come back soon, His Majesty will think that I failed."

He increased his magic power, the wind that surrounded him grew even bigger and blowed even harder. The weapons around him were thrown at all directions. All the guards around him fled or hid, avoiding the weapons hitting them. In the midst of the chaos, Gale shot several arrows to the nearby wall and climbed it to get out of the outpost.

After the situation calmed down, the guards came out of their hiding place and found he had disappeared.
"Quick, search him!"

The guards dispersed to search him inside the outpost. Hearing them frantically search for him, Gale chuckled outside the wall then he turned and walked cheerfully into the forest.

22