Second Arc (His Art of War) – 4. Another Dark Agents Report
860 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning sun shining brightly above the Luminus City sky shone through the window at White Moon Castle's study room. Angel sat at his desk while Frost and Flare stood before him.

"We will pass the dead forest and head to Southpoint Town. We will divide into two groups. Flare will lead troops to attack the town as a diversion. Frost and I will take the forest route and head straight to Everlasting Green Hills near Eternal Harmony City, " he said as he sweeping his index finger on the map above his desk.

He turned his gaze to them.
"I will order Gale and Gaia to attack their borders before we arrive to split their troops concentration, " he added.

"Your Majesty, why are we going through the dead forest? Isn't that place dangerous?" asked Flare.

"That forest was never guarded by Asteria. We can enter their territory without being found out and I know how to pass through it safely, " he explained, then he turned his gaze to Frost.
"Is there any news from 'Dark Agents' ?" he asked.

"According to their report, Asteria has not made any further moves. 'Dark Agents' has also carried out an investigation inside the castle but there is no news or rumors regarding the agreement between Asteria and Zephyrus. Even no one knows about their attacks on us," Frost replied.

He was silent as he deep in thought, his fist placed in front of his mouth.
"This is strange... Even though they attacked without a declaration of war. Some people from the castle should have known about this. But they covered it up even with those closest to them. I also found nothing in General Helias's memory about their agreement. "

"I also got other news. Although this news seems to have nothing to do with war. But, it's quite interesting, " added Frost.

"Continue, " he demanded.

"According to rumours in Eternal Harmony City, Princess of Asteria relationship with her father and brother has deteriorated over the past five years. She often locked herself in her room."

He furrowed his brows.
"Do you know the reason?"

Frost took a deep breath before continue to speak.
"They said this has to do with the second prince of Asteria's death."

Angel was surprised when he heard it but he still maintained his composure.
"Ophelia... They are your family, but I'm only a traitor. You shouldn't break your relationship with your family because of me."
"Is there any other news?" he added swiftly, as if he did not care about the news.

"According to our 'Dark Agents' report in Zephyrus. A few weeks before the attack on Pearl Gate City, Zephyrus was hit by a rebellion. One of their town fell into rebel hands. King Eudon's trusted General and Princess of Zephyrus worked together to settle it. But strangely, in the midst of their battle everyone saw Asteria's 'fireworks signal'. "

Angel tilted his head slightly and frowned once more.
"They sent a princess to the battlefield? Did I misheard you?" he asked in confusion.

"Zephyrus only has a princess as the royal heir. I heard this princess behaves more like a prince than a princess, " Frost answered.

"Interesting ... A princess who behaves like a prince and Asteria's 'fireworks signal' in the middle of the battle. This is must be has to do with the agreement between Asteria and Zephyrus."
"Investigate this incident more detail, also investigate more about that princess, " he ordered.

"Yes, Your Majesty, " said Frost.

Shortly a knock from the window came.

- Tuk - Tuk - Tuk

A green magpie bird was seen knocking the windows. Flare approached it and opened it. The bird flew into the room, Angel extended his hand as a place where the bird could land. As soon as the bird landed on his hand, it turned into a green light then shattered into pieces, a message came into his head.
'I did it! I destroyed all the poisons. Don't forget your promise. '

A smile began to appear on his lips.
"Gale, managed to destroy the poison. We can move now."
But suddenly a scene from General Helias's memory about a secret conversation between Ilex and King Gervis crossed his head.
"Wait ... I can't act rashly. There is something they cover up that even General Helias doesn't know about it. I need to look for more information."
then he turned his gaze to Frost and Flare.
"I will entrust both of you to lead the troops. I will catch up with you later."

"Yes, Your Majesty, " they answered.

20