Second Arc (His Art of War) – 36. Silent Words
737 7 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Frost waited in front of the castle anxiously, the night was getting late and Angel had not returned. He was worried since Angel had only rested briefly. After leading the war, he held a meeting with the nobles, checked the city's security, examined Asteria's financial statements and quickly thought of a solution. The only time he rested was when he had dinner before having a discussion with King Gervis.

Flashes of thunder cut through the night sky in Eternal Harmony City. Heavy rain began to fall accompanied by strong winds. Although Frost's expression was calm, the worry in his heart continued to grow. Moreover, he could feel Angel's dark power continuing to flare up. Feeling unable to wait any longer he ordered guards nearby.
"Prepare my horse and a robe for His Majesty."

The guard quickly carried out his orders and brought his horse to the castle entrance. Frost climbed on his horse and took the robe from the guard's hand before spurred it out of the castle, through the rain, down the dark city streets. He followed Angel dark power's trace. Even though they were far away, he could feel Angel desperately suppress the overflowing dark forces that try to take over him. This has never happened before, at least it's never been this bad.

Frost passed through the North gate, through the trees until he finally arrived at a stone gate guarded by Asterian special guards. Frost stopped his horse and asked them.
"Is His Majesty inside?"

"Yes. It's better for you to pick him up immediately because he has been inside for too long," answered one of them in displeased expression.

Frost nodded at their information and spurred his horse again to move forward.

"It would be better for you to pick him up immediately because a traitor is not fit to step on the sacred land of Asteria," the guard said again after Frost left.

Frost slowed down his horse while sweeping his gaze around him. After a long time he looked for him in the heavy rain, he finally found Angel kneeling in front of a stone tomb. His uniform was all wet, his eyes fixed on the gravestone before him and his expression remained cold. Even though he looks fine, Frost knows his emotions are in turmoil. There are two forces fighting inside him.

Frost got off his horse and stepped toward him, but after a few steps, he halted as he remembered Angel's words earlier. Therefore he undoes his intention and decides to wait for him in silence. His eyes were fixed on the king that he served for years. A man who has become king at a young age, the king has both excellent ability to fight and lead. But behind all of that, he always kept his own difficulties.

Whereas Angel knew about Frost's arrival, he knew Frost had come because he felt the dark forces within him constantly flaring up, asking to be released. That's why he was still here, he wanted to calm himself. A king who cannot control himself or his emotions does not deserve to be a king.

After nearly half an hour Frost waited, the rain began to subside, the black clouds covering the sky began to disappear. Angel finally stood up after he managed to control his emotions and dark power within him.

He bowed and returned his gaze at the tombstone once more.
"Father, I'll take my leave," he said quietly almost like a whisper.

He turned and walked over to Frost. Without saying anything Frost gave his robe, which he took and wore. He turned his gaze to Frost and gave him a slight smile.
"Thank you for worrying about me."

Which Frost answered with a slight bow. 

18