Second Arc (His Art of War) – 43. Acknowledgement
634 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The sun in the sky of Eternal Harmony City began leaning west. The carriages that filled the castle courtyard a few hours ago had gone. All the merchants who attended the invitation had finished signing the contract and returned. 
Angel and King Gervis are still in the meeting room with Chancellor Vello. They checked the financial calculations that the finance minister had just given them. According to calculations, with the number of funds, they will get later, all this year's lack of funds will be covered, even they will have reserve funds.
"It looks like Asteria's financial problems have been solved," he said as he handed the calculation sheet to Chancellor Vello before him.
Chancellor Vello took it from his hand.
"It is all thanks to your ideas, Your Majesty," he said. His face looks brighter, even smiles decorate his face.
King Gervis was speechless at Chancellor Vello's praise, he had to admit Angel had dealt with Asteria's financial problems quickly as if it were nothing. He did not expect that the man whom he considered a war puppet had such extraordinary abilities besides his fighting skill.
"The funds will be sent to the castle within one week." He turned his gaze to Chancellor Vello. "Chancellor, for this conveyance, assign a platoon of troops to escort them to ensure everything is safe," he ordered Chancellor Vello.
"I will order Frost to give weapons to the guards," he added.
"I will order the best troops to escort them, Your Majesty," Chancellor Vello answered. While Frost answered his command by nodding.
"If there is nothing to talk about anymore. I will disperse this meeting," he said.
"I'll take my leave. Good Evening, Your Majesty," said Chancellor Vello. Then he rose from his seat, bowed and walked out of the room. 
While King Gervis also got up from his seat and turned to walk toward the exit but he stopped after a few steps. There was a guilt feeling seized on his heart, he had treated him badly but Angel still wanted to resolve his kingdom's problems. After a few days he worked together with him to take care of so many things, his point of view changed.
"Was I the one who was wrong all this time? Did he actually never mean bad things to the Reinheart families and Asteria?" thought King Gervis.
King Gervis turned, facing Angel who was still reading another report in his hand. He noticed King Gervis's gaze and turned his gaze to him.
"Are you forgotten something, King Gervis?"
King Gervis took a deep breath before answering.
"Thank you for helping me resolve Asteria's financial problems," King Gervis said as he bowed to him.
King Gervis raised his head.
"Take care of your health. Good evening, Angel," he said. He turned and moved his feet back toward the exit.
"It would be nice if he was the real Angelus Raizel."
Angel was still speechless at King Gervis who could suddenly bow to him without coercion. He knew King Gervis had high pride, he only bowed to the person he admitted or because he was forced to. A slight smile appeared on his lips. Even though King Gervis would never recognize him as his nephew but there was happiness in him when he realized that King Gervis had begun to recognize his abilities.
Whereas Frost, who was standing beside him, realized Angel's mood was improving.
Angel took a glance at Frost and realized he was watching. He cleared his throat awkwardly and tried to regain his composure.
"Any news from Gaia?" he asked as his attention returned to the document in his hand. He decided to gave Gaia his trust to watch over Asteria.
"Gaia said he and his troops will arrive in the capital in a few days. King Gervis's elite troops are also with him," Frost replied.
"What about 'Dark Agents'?"
"I have spread our agents into the castle and several other important Asterian nobles to ensure that no one escapes our surveillance." 
"Very well, after Gaia and his troops arrive. We can return to Euphorion," he said as he put the document in his hands on the table. He rose from his chair and walked out of the meeting room followed by Frost. 
He just came out when he accidentally met with Ilex. He ignored him, trying to avoid any fight. But after he took a few steps past him, Ilex spoke.
"I will never let Asteria fall into an illegitimate child like you."
Angel's steps stopped, and so did Frost's. He swiftly restrained Frost's hand which ready to pull out one of his swords and turned.
"Congratulations, Prince Ilex. It looks like you have recovered." Then he approached Ilex in casual steps and stopped right in front of him, a smirk adorning his lips.
"But I will warn you. This time it might just be a slash, next maybe I will whip you like you whipped me before. But if necessary I could take your head off."
Ilex only replied with a sharp stare.
He turned and walked away, ending their vicious encounter. After a while, he gave Frost his orders again.
"Add more spies for Prince Ilex. If he does something strange, report to me immediately."
"Yes, Your Majesty," Frost replied.
 
15