Second Arc (His Art of War) – 45. The Real Asteria’s Traitors
657 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 45. The Real Asteria's Traitors
It was already midnight, the night in Eternal Harmony City looked quieter than usual. In the lonely city, some shadows move quickly in groups. They threw a small anchor that was connected by a rope to Golden Light Castle walls and began to climb. Once they got in they immediately dispersed.
It was not difficult for them to infiltrate the castle. After King Angelus departure and the border Euphorion's troops had not yet arrived in the capital. The castle's security decreased. Their target is the Reinheart family. If they succeed in killing them and inciting the civilians by saying this is King Euphorion's plan. They could use the people's anger to assist their rebellion and repel the Euphorion army from Asteria. After that, of course, Asteria would fall into their hands.
King Gervis fell into a deep sleep when several shadows slipped through the window into his room. One of the rebels approached him and raised his sword. He was just about to stab him.
-Trang!
A white sword brushed aside his sword in the darkness, and when he was just about to turn around suddenly another white sword stabbed him.
Frost unplugged his sword and the rebel's body fell lifelessly in blood. He turned his gaze to the other rebels who immediately took out their swords and prepared to attack him.
While King Gervis woke up after hearing the noise. He was surprised when he saw that several armed men had managed to get into his room and even more surprised by Frost's presence beside him.
"General Frost, what happened?" he said.
"You don't need to worry, Your Majesty. His Majesty King Angelus sent me to protect you from the rebels. Please rest, let me take care of them," Frost answered. Then he lunged at them as he swung his swords.
King Gervis snorted while his hand moved to grab the King's Sword on the side table.
"Do you think I'm too old to handle weak rebels like them?" he said, jumping from his bed and pulling out his sword.
Meanwhile, in Ilex's room. Flare and Ilex stood with their back pressed to each other. The rebels have surrounded them.
"I don't need your help," said Ilex as his eyes swept around to the enemies, his beloved sword Pride was already in his grasp.
"Don't get me wrong, I'm here because of His Majesty King Angelus's orders," answered Flare.
"Tsk! That's even more annoying. How dare he look down on me," he said as he swung his sword toward the enemy.
In Ophelia's room, Angel stood while pointing his sword at Duke Owen's neck. The rebel corpses were lying around and Ophelia was standing behind him, gripping the back of his uniform with a trembling body.
"Duke Owen, I didn't expect you to betray the Reinheart Family," he said.
"Do you still deserve to say that? Aren't we both traitors?" answered Duke Owen.
"At least I've never been greedy like you."
"Hmph! Hypocrite! Didn't you usurp the Euphorion's throne because you wanted to be king?" said Duke Owen in a sarcastic tone. Then he smiled sarcastically.
"Aren't you glad you can get revenge? Aren't you sick of being trampled by your family? Why don't you kill them and give Asteria to me? I guarantee I will take care of Asteria for you," he said again. He had been waiting for this moment for a long time. He had originally planned to rebel after King Gervis won against Euphorion. That way he could get two kingdoms at once, besides that with Asteria's state which had just recovered from the war would make him easier to seize the throne.
"I see ..." he replied. Suddenly he swung his sword and beheaded Duke Owen with one slash. Ophelia quickly closed her eyes in fear as her hands gripped him tighter.
"If you can betray King Gervis now, won't you be able to do the same to me later?" he said coldly as he looked at Duke Owen's body that fell before him.
 
15