Second Arc (His Art of War) – 48. The War Continues
661 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 48. The War Continues
The morning sun is getting higher in Eternal Harmony City, the Golden Light Castle's condition has returned to normal as if nothing had happened. Angel and his troops had also left the city before sunrise to prevent the residents from suspecting their reason for returning.
King Gervis dropped himself in his chair in his study room. Gaia and his troops had entered the city and he had just finished greeting them in the main hall. As usual, his work was waiting. Several piles of documents were waiting to be examined. After doing his work in the meeting room with Angel in the last few days, he finally got back to work in his study room today.
His hand moved to pick up several sheets of documents and began to examine them. The first report he was taking was a report of last night's revolt and the sentence of Duke Owen's family. He had issued arrest warrants for all his family members, but when the troops arrived at their residence, his family was not there. Finally, he ordered his troops to search for them.
To be honest, he did not think that Duke Owen, his trusted subject could betray him, instead, Angel who he thought was a traitor is the one who saved him and his family.
King Gervis looked at Duke Owen's revolt report in his hand.
'How ironic ... Now, my friend is my opponent and my opponent is my friend.'
After that thought crossed, he recalled Draconis's letter agreement about Ophelia's Arranged marriage. Now that Asteria has lost the war, the marriage agreement will be cancelled by itself. Even so, he still had to write an official letter to cancel their agreement and apologize.
He put the report in his hand and opened the secret drawer where he kept that important letter. His hands searched the entire drawer but he did not find it. He took out all the documents there and searched for it, but still couldn't find it. His heart beat fast. No one knew, this secret drawer except the Reinheart family and even his assistants also do not know about it.
But Ophelia had hardly been to this room, while Ilex was seriously injured. The only one who was in this room was Angel and him.
'I can only hope that my guess is wrong. But if it's true Angel found the letter ... I can only hope Draconis can protect themselves from Euphorion's attack. '

*

*

*

This was a sunny morning in Luminus City. The News of Euphorion's victory over Asteria had spread since one week ago. The whole people rejoiced, and more than that they were glad to hear that their king was unscathed.
The same thing was felt by Cley and Claire. They tidied up White Moon Castle's study room with smiles decorating their faces. Especially after they got the news that His Majesty would return soon.
"I heard that Princess of Asteria is very beautiful. Do you think His Majesty will bring her here and marry her?" said Claire, her hands continuing to move tidying up some books on the bookshelves.
"His Majesty goes to war, not seeking a queen. After all, aren't they enemies?" replied Cley, who was standing holding a stack of books behind her.
Claire took the books from his hands and tidied them up again on the shelves.
"Why not? Love can come at any time, including in the midst of war." She turned and gave Cley a serious look. "Haven't you heard? Even though His Majesty was so angry when he went to war but he still spares the Asterian royal family's lives. Isn't that strange?" Then a smile grew as she clapped her hands in front of her chest. Her eyes glinted in excitement, wishing if she guessed it right.
"I'm sure it's all because of love!"
Seeing his sister's face, Cley chuckled.
"Seeing from His Majesty's cold nature, I think it all has to do either with Asteria's stability or aristocracy."
Claire looked at Cley in annoyance.
"Hey! Princess of Asteria could have melted his heart. Do you think His Majesty was heartless?"
"Pfffttt! His Majesty is not heartless but his heart is frozen like ice," he said in a mocking tone.
"So you think my heart is frozen like ice?" A voice suddenly came.
Both of them turned slowly to the origin of the voice and saw Angel already standing behind them. How could they possibly forget that His Majesty had teleport ability. Of course, it's easy for him to come back anytime.
"Welcome back, Your Majesty," Claire greeted, trying to cover up their gossip.
"You-your Majesty... Since when were you here?" said Cley in a stammering voice with an awkward smile.
"Since Claire says love can come in the midst of war," he replied.
"Ah ..." Both of them exchanged glances in panic. Since that means he's been here from the start.
Seeing the panic on their faces, he felt no need to rebuke them any further. He turned and walked toward his desk.
"I hope you keep my return in secret," he said as he sat in his chair. His hands began to take several documents and examine them.
Realizing Angel's facial expression remained frozen even after winning the war, Claire asked him.
"Your Majesty, you just won the war, why do you look unhappy?"
"This war is not over," he answered. 
They were stunned with his words.
"You mean there will be another war?" asked Cley.
"Yes. That's why I immediately returned. To take care of it, also I want to take care of my work before leaving." He lowered the report in his hand and turned his gaze to Cley.
"Cley, call Chancellor Allan for me."
"Yes, Your Majesty." Then he bowed and left.
After Cley left, Claire asked again.
"Your Majesty ... Are you going to lead the war again?"
"Yes. Euphorion's War is also my war."

*

*

*

Chancellor Allan and Cley entered the study room. Chancellor Allan did not look surprised at all after seeing him returning in no time since Angel had given his order beforehand that he would return sooner and ask him to make preparations for the war against Draconis.
They bowed.
"Have you done what I ordered?" he asked without further ado.
"Yes, Your Majesty. As your order, the troops have left at night. They should arrive at the southern border in a few days."
"Very well. In a few days, before Frost and Flare's troops arrive, announce that I delayed my arrival."
"Yes, Your Majesty." Chancellor Allan was silent for a moment as his curiosity continued to bother him since he received the orders to prepare the troops to attack Draconis. Finally, he asked him.
"Your Majesty, may I know why you suddenly decided to attack Draconis?" Even though his victory over Asteria increased the people's support, attacking other kingdoms without cause would bring down the support he already had.
Angel took out Draconis's letter that he found in King Gervis's study room and gave it to Chancellor Allan.
"Read it."
Chancellor Allan opened the letter and immediately recognized the stamp on the letter as the dragon crest of Draconis. He read it, a few moments later his eyes enlarged in shock mixed with anger. 
Angel leaned forward, his elbows placed on his desk while his hands crossed in front of his chin.
"They already have bad intentions. The fall of Asteria's news has spread. It's likely they are panicking now. There are only two possibilities that they will do, prepare themselves to attack Euphorion directly or perform an alliance. But they don't expect me to return to Luminus City this quickly for sure. That's why I want to use this to attack them as quickly as possible. "

16