Second Arc (His Art of War) – 50. Two Attacker
626 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 50. Two Attacker
A few days have passed, during the time Angel spends his time working in the study room and only returns to his chamber at night. His return remains as secret, only a few people knew it, Chancellor Allan, Cley, Claire, his trusted guards and the head housekeeper, Sarah.
The afternoon sun shone brightly in Luminus City. Today is the same as yesterday, he was immersed in the documents that piled up. His eyes focused on the sheet in front of him and his hands moved quickly writing with the pen. On the other side of the room, Cley filled up the other pen with ink, while Claire tidied up the stack of finished documents.
He put his pen on the desk and his eyes moved to re-read the document in his hand before he put it down. A breath of relief came out of his mouth as he leaned his back behind his chair.
'Finally, my work is finished...'
Claire immediately tidied the document in front of him while Cley tidied his writing equipment on the desk.
"Do I need to ask Sarah to make you tea, Your Majesty?" asked Cley. Although Angel did not say anything he knew Angel must be very tired. He had just returned from the war and immediately settled his work.
"Sure," he replied.
Cley had just bowed, but suddenly a knocking sound came accompanied by the sound of the door opening. Chancellor Allan took a step into the room after Angel nodded giving his permission to meet him then he approached.
Chancellor Allan bowed.
"Your Majesty, I just got the news that our troops have arrived at the southern border."
"Thank you for your report. I'll leave the castle to you while I'm gone," he said.
"Yes, Your Majesty."
"Your Majesty, are you going to leave after this?" Cley asked worriedly. Claire also looked at him with a sad look. He hasn't rested since returning from Asteria and now he needs to go back to the war zone.
"Yes, this time I want to attack them while they are not ready. So the sooner the better."
"Your Majesty, promise me to go home safely ..."
He gave them a reassuring smile.
"I will definitely return safely.
- Tuk - Tuk - Tuk
A snow owl was seen knocking on one of the windows. Cley approached the window and opened it.
The bird flew into the room, Angel extended his hand as a place where the bird could land. As soon as the bird landed on his hand, it turned into a white light then shattered into pieces, a message came into his head.
'The engagement between Princess Rose of Zephyrus and Prince Artheur of Draconis will be held in three weeks.' 
The smile on his face faded into a serious expression as he immediately sank into his thoughts.
'I didn't know that the King of Zephyrus and Draconis would make this swift decision to form an alliance. Looks like their relationship is quite close. ' A slight smirk appeared on his face as an idea crossed his mind.
'But this engagement will make it easier to attack them. Since King of Draconis and Prince Artheur had to go to Zephyrus to pick up Princess Rose, while they have not realized that I have returned. I can't waste this opportunity. '
Intrigued after seeing Angel's expression, Chancellor Allan finally asked.
"Did something happen, Your Majesty?"
"I just got the news that Draconis will form an alliance with Zephyrus through engagement," he answered in a casual tone.
Chancellor Allan's expression turned panicked because that meant Euphorion had to be prepared to face attacks from the West and South at the same time.
"Then what are your next plans?"
"Of course I can't be late for their engagement party," he replied.
He held out his hand, his dark aura forming a raven carrying a message to Frost.
'Prepare troops to leave for Zephyrus by the southwestern path. Disguised as a merchant convoy from Draconis. '
*
*
*
At the same time, in the crypt of Crowheart's mansion, Slyhelm Town, Zephyrus. With only a small candlelight illuminated with a small ventilation room, Ivetta sat at a large table along with other rebel group leaders. After she painstakingly approached Prince Ilex to get his support secretly in seizing Zephyrus, now all her plans failed miserably. Asteria's defeat ruined their grand plan. Now they got the news that Rose's engagement with Prince Artheur from Draconis would be held in three weeks. After they got engaged it was not only Euphorion who had difficulty attacking them but also the rebels. In addition, the engagement will strengthen the Heart Family’s position as Zephyrus's ruler. Therefore they must break their engagement or take Zephyrus before the engagement takes place.
"Lady Ivetta, we can't wait any longer. I think we better attack them as soon as possible!" said one of them.
"It's not that easy! Don't you know how many casualties were on our side when we helped prince Ilex last time?" said the other. Indeed, while helping Ilex to get the Heart Family’s poison many victims fell on their side. They thought they could get Ilex's full support with this sacrifice. 
They fell silent and thought hard. Their rebellion had been going on for several years, even five years ago they had almost succeeded in conquering Zephyrus. They do not want their struggle for years to end in vain.
"What if we rob again for the additional fund and take the men into our members?" said one of them again.
"Isn't that the same as suicide? We just end up to alarm them," answered another. "Besides if something goes wrong ..." he imitated the beheading act. "Our rebel group will be destroyed."
Finally, Ivetta who had been silent spoke.
"How about we recruit new members?"
The others turned their gaze at her.
"Don't talk nonsense. Rebels like us can't openly recruit people unless they come and want to join us voluntarily."
Hearing her suggestion being belittled, Ivetta's face turned sour.
"We can recruit rural villagers who don't know anything and claim that we are the envoys of King Eudon to recruit new royal troops."
"To claim ourselves as the king's envoy, we need a letter with a royal seal."
Ivetta smirked evilly.
"Leave it to me. I can get the seal, you just need to prepare the letter."
"Are you sure?" they made sure once again.
The Smirk on her face disappeared as Ivetta gave them a displeased look.
"Are you underestimating my abilities?"
They immediately looked down, so far they have relied on her information. If not they have been caught long ago.
Seeing their reaction, she smirked evilly again.
"After that, we must immediately train them. We will launch our attack on Rose's engagement day."
 
12