Second Arc (His Art of War) – 52. Angelus and Artheur
699 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 52. Angelus and Artheur
A few days had passed, the morning sun shining brightly in the sky of Dragon Cross City, Kingdom of Draconis' capital. The city conditions are very crowded, some people are already standing beside the streets, while the guards have spread around them. After the news of Euphorion's victory over Asteria spread and the peace alliance was dissolved, King Esteve agreed that Draconis made an alliance with Zephyrus through the engagement of Prince Artheur and Princess Rose. They will leave this morning for Zephyrus and will return as soon as their engagement is over.
Some people were seen chatting along the way.
"I didn't expect that Euphorion could bring down Asteria in such a short time. Whereas based on their military power, Asteria should be above Euphorion. After all, didn't Euphorion just develop during the last five years?"
"I heard that the new king of Euphorion who led the war and he was truly frightening."
"He is a strategist and has the power of darkness, unlike the previous king. That's why Asteria could fall easily. Do you know people are starting to call him Euphorion's dark king?"
"I heard he was young and came from a commoner like us. He even began to rule from the age of seventeen but he could make the Euphorion nobles respect him."
"They're not respecting him but fearing him. I think that is why the king made an alliance with Zephyrus."
"I think this is the best. Besides I heard Princess Rose is one of the best doctors in the Andromeda Continent and also a poison master, isn't it good if our kingdom has the other royal families ability?"
"The king's choice is truly extraordinary. Only with Princess Rose alone, Draconis' military power will increase. I am sure that after this alliance Euphorion will not only dare not attack us but he will also be frightened by Draconis' military power."
"You are right." Then they laughed.
Angel heard their conversation while standing silently behind them. Currently, he wears his hunter clothes and has been in the capital since morning to search some informations and make sure King of Draconis goes to Zephyrus. He already knew all the information they said earlier, especially Princess Rose's ability, that's why he decided to be careful. He did not want the Pearl Gate City tragedy to repeat. In addition, he also sought information about the royal family who stayed during the king's departure.
Based on the information he has gathered in the past few days. Queen Thea and first prince of Draconis, Prince Curtis, will take the charge while the king is gone. Besides them, the other royal family who stayed were Prince Artheur's younger sister, Princess Tuvania. While the city's security will be handled by General Jasper. In contrast to Ilex's relationship with him, although many say that Prince Artheur's fighting ability was far above his brother's, their relationship was very close. In addition, despite the current crown prince's position is Prince Artheur, his older brother is very supportive of his younger brother's position. In other words, their family is very solid. The people and nobles also respected them, because King Esteve always put his people interests upfront during his rule. Draconis is indeed an ideal and peaceful kingdom with the royal family member giving a good example to their people.
After the court a few days ago, Draconis' status has now been raised to standby. All security, especially in the capital, has been tightened and an announcement has been made to the Draconis' people to prevent them from traveling to Euphorion in the near future.
Angel swept his gaze around him, observing the people's faces who were gathered excitedly around him. 
'I do not understand King Esteve's decision to assist Asteria in the war. This kingdom does not look lacking anything and there doesn't even seem to be the slightest problem. Did he really make that decision only because of his greed over Euphorion's territory? '
Before long, the people around him stopped chatting and turned their gaze to the streets. Some blue military uniformed cavalry passed him followed by a black-haired man with a friendly face in a typical Prince of Draconis' uniform. A blue carriage with the dragon crest in gold following him. A King with the same hair colour sitting in it, his face looked dignified with a thin beard on his chin.
Angel's eyes watched them. Prince Artheur felt someone was watching them, he turned his head to him. Their eyes met each other for a moment. To avoid suspicion, Angel immediately smiled as he bends down his head to salute him. After Artheur saw his gesture, his suspicions disappeared and he returned his gaze to the front.
When he raised his head, he could only see the back of the king's last cavalry following him.
'Prince Artheur ... He is very sharp. Looks like I have to be careful with him. '
The people's conversation around him caught his attention once again. 
"You see how gallant Prince Artheur was? No wonder all people call him Draconis' strongest fist."
"A week ago he had just defeated a raging Nether Buffalo in the Wimborne city by himself. I don't think he will lose to the new king of Euphorion."
"Yes, King of Euphorion can only rely on his magic power but if Prince Artheur manages to make them fight at close range, I'm sure Prince Artheur will defeat him easily."
Then their laughter came again.
"Draconis' strongest fist ..." he muttered. He remembered that he had been given the nickname 'Asteria's sharpest sword' when he was still the prince of Asteria. But eventually changed to 'Asteria's demon prince' due to his differences in hair color and cold attitude.
After gathering so much information about the Draconis royal family, especially about Prince Artheur, Angel felt that Artheur was actually very similar to him. They both are the second prince who get the crown prince position and have extraordinary fighting abilities. Both have a brother and a sister. What distinguishes them is that Artheur's fate is far more fortunate than his. Artheur has a complete, harmonious family, while his father died and he never knew who his mother was. Then everything is made worse by the misunderstanding after the crystal comes to him. 
Everyone around him began to disperse themselves. He turned and walked towards the dark alley nearby, with the departure of King Esteve and Prince Artheur, he could order his army to attack Draconis's Northern Outpost tonight.
'Artheur Rayner Fallensoar, actually I don't want to disturb your family nor your kingdom, but it's a pity your father has made the wrong decision. We are forced to meet on the battlefield. I just hope you are grateful for what you have now. Because what you have is something that I will never get ... '
Soon he disappeared engulfed by his dark aura.
 
11