Second Arc (His Art of War) – 53. Silent Ambush
563 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 53. Silent Ambush
The sky was dark and  Draconis northern outpost's situation was quiet. Although they had received news from the spies that there had not been any movement at Euphorion outpost, General Marshall of Draconis still ordered to tighten the guard. Moreover, their king and Prince Artheur had left Dragon Cross City for Zephyrus.
The night was getting late, General Marshall had just finished making a report on his desk in his room. He put the pen in his hand and leaned his back against his chair, his hand holding the report while his eyes moved from side to side to read it. Then he put it down and stood up to get out of his room.
He knew he should have some rest but for some reason, he feels anxious today. Therefore he decided to take a walk while checking his troops' preparation on the outpost walls once more before going to bed. His feet stepped through the corridor in the outpost that was made of sturdy stones, his eyes were fixed on the yard and saw several guards walking around on patrol while the other guards were still standing in their position.
He went up the stairs to the outer outpost wall to check the situation, especially the situation that is directly facing Euphorion's territory. 
Upon seeing him, several guards immediately placed their right fist on their chest in the customary military greeting.
"General," they saluted.
General Marshall responded with a slight nod.
"How is the situation?"
"Everything is safe, general. There are no suspicious movements," they replied.
General Marshall stared at them for a moment, their faces looked unfamiliar. But he could not remember so many faces of the reinforcement's members who had just arrived from the capital a few days ago. He cast his gaze out of the outpost wall. The trees and surrounding hills look very calm.
"Good, don't let your guard down," he ordered.
"Yes, general!" they answered while giving him a customary military greeting once more, then they returned vigil.
General Marshall sighed, everything looked fine but he still felt strange about everything. Finally, he decided to go back to inspect another wall before returning to his room.
A guard with a smaller body than the others caught his attention. His hair is green and his uniform looks too big. His face also looks unfamiliar to him.
'It's strange, why I never seen him before?' he thought.
He approached him.
"Are you new here?" 
Upon hearing his question, the man turned to face him and salute him.
"Yes, I've just joined the army, General."
General Marshall looked at his body and realized that his bow was too big compared to his body.
"Come with me. We'll replace your weapon with a smaller one. That bow is too big for you."
"Heee ??? But I like this bow," he whined in objection.
General Marshall frowned with a displeased face since his army members did not usually go against his orders.
"Ah! I mean, yes, general," said the man quickly.
"Follow me," he said as he turned and began walking. The little man followed him.
"How old are you?" asked General Marshall as he continued walking. Seeing his attitude plus his oversized uniform, he was not like a soldier but more like a child. 
"Umm ... I don't remember."
General Marshall turned towards him
"You don't remember your own age?"
He shook his head from side to side.
General Marshall glanced at him suspiciously, so instead of going to the armoury he thought of interrogating him privately and because he looked harmless he decided to do it in his room since he also wanted to check his profile documents.
"What is your name?" he said as he opened the door to his room. But just entering a step he stiffened in surprise when he saw a man with dark blue hair in an Euphorion's black military uniform had sat behind his desk while reading his report.
General Marshall swiftly pulled out two war hammer on his waist but suddenly the little man behind him answered.
"My name is Gale, General."
Glancing back, General Marshall saw that the man had directed his bow with an arrow ready to shoot him.
"Drop your weapon," he said again.
General Marshall paused for a moment with a displeased face.
"Do you think you can get out of here alive?" he threatened.
A breath accompanied by a slight chuckled out of Angel's mouth as he placed the report sheet in his hand.
"Do you think the guards outside are still your army?"
General Marshall's eyes widened in surprise as he realized the situation. No wonder all of his troops' faces look unfamiliar to him.
"Drop your weapon," Gale repeated.
General Marshall clicked his tongue in annoyance before he finally dropped his weapon since he had no other choice.
"Sit down, General. I want to talk to you," Angel said in a relaxed tone.
General Marshall's feet stepped toward him, after a few steps his eyes caught King of Euphorion's badge on his collar.
'King of Euphorion ?! Shouldn't he still be on his way back to Luminus City? Why is he suddenly here? ' General Marshall sat in the chair opposite him while Gale kept his bow pointed at him.
"I didn't know King of Euphorion could return so soon."
"Fake rumours make things easier," he replied lightly. He could not let the other kingdoms know he had teleport ability, it would be easier for him if he said it was all just fake rumours he made.
'We fell into his trap,' thought General Marshall. "What do you want from me?" he said angrily. His eyes glanced to the side of the room looking for ways to escape. He must immediately inform the king that Draconis is in danger.
"I just checked your report. You wrote it very well. But it would be better if you helped me to bring my troops into the capital."
-Bang!
General Marshall stood, hitting his desk in front of him.
"You told me to betray my homeland? I would rather die than become a traitor!" he answered firmly.
"I know you will definitely refuse it. But I will make you do it for me." He extended his hand while General Marshall had just tried to escape but he could not move.
General Marshall glanced down and saw that he was bound by a 'binding spell'.
Angel smirked, his hand touched General Marshall's head and slowly flowed his dark aura to manipulate him with the 'devil puppet' spell. When he pulled his hands away, General Marshall's eyes turned blank and slowly lost consciousness.
"We will leave tomorrow for Dragon Cross City. Tell Prince Curtis, there is important news that you must deliver personally," he ordered.
"Yes, Your Majesty," answered General Marshall.
 
13