Second Arc (His Art of War) – 55. Blue Rock Castle
565 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 55. Blue Rock Castle
Inside the Blue Rock castle, Prince Curtis had just finished getting ready when he heard the noise from the castle's courtyard. He immediately came out while his mother Queen Thea and his sister Princess Tuvania who had changed into formal attire also came out of their room.
"Curtis, what happened?" said Queen Thea as she approached Prince Curtis. Princess Tuvania also approached him.
"I don't know either. I just got a report that General Marshall suddenly returned with his troops. He said he wanted to report something important to me."
Just as his words left his mouth, the noise became louder, it was clear that this noise was not just ordinary noise but the sound of battle. A guard reported hurriedly to him.
"Your Highness, General Marshall's forces are attacking us!"
Upon hearing his report, Prince Curtis immediately gave the order.
"Fire the emergency signal to ask for reinforcement from Dragon Shield Town!" Then he turned to his mother and sister.
"Mother, please go to the Dragon Shield Town with Tuvania! I will catch up with you later. "
Just when he finished giving his orders, a small explosion sound rang out.
-Boom!
Prince Curtis looked at a nearby window, two red fire signals were fired into the sky signifying that Dragon Shield Town was being attacked.
"Impossible!" he said in surprise.
Seeing that, Queen Thea immediately gave orders.
"Send a message to the king that the capital is being attacked!"
The guards immediately carried out her orders.
Prince Curtis turned to his mother and sister.
"Please hide, I'll take care of this." He was just about to leave but Queen Thea grabbed his hand.
"A queen will not run away from her battle," Queen Thea said, looking at her son with determination.
Prince Curtis gave his mother a smile and looked at her with admiration.
"Mother ... You are the bravest woman I've ever met." Then his expression turned serious as he let go of his mother's grasp.
"Guards, take the queen and princess into the hiding place! Protect them with your lives!"
After he gave the order, he immediately turned and ran toward the noise coming from. Queen Thea and Princess Tuvania wanted to chase him but they were blocked by the guards.
"Your Majesty, we must leave now."
"Move!" Queen Thea ordered angrily.
"Forgive us, Your Majesty. This is an emergency, we must immediately take you away." Then they took Queen Thea and Princess Tuvania to hide.

*

*

*

Prince Curtis ran toward where the commotion was coming from, looking in confusion to distinguish which of his troops and which of the enemies since they were wearing the same military uniform. He can only fight back when someone attacks him. The castle situation was very chaotic, the blue interior began to change to a red blood colour while the guards' bodies were lying around. Groan and screams of pain everywhere.
He walked as he threw his fists and kicks against the guards who tried to attack him. The Fallensoar Family is known to be specialized in barehanded fights and had a body as strong as steel, so he doesn't need any weapons to fight them. Coming out towards the balcony overlooking the city, Prince Curtis saw that the city was already in chaos by the battle between his own troops. 
'What exactly happened ?! Why does the situation suddenly turn chaotic like this? Did General Marshall betray us?' 
His gaze was shifted to Dragon Shield Town, the situation there was also not much different from Dragon Cross City's, a noisy sound could be heard accompanied by the sound of explosions. He turned back into the castle while grinded his teeth in anger. Confusion engulfed his mind, how could he fight if he can't distinguish who his friend was?
He was stepping into the main hall when a guard with a blood-stained white handkerchief tied to his arm swung his black sword quickly to defeat the other guards in front of him. Realizing his presence, the guard approached him with a worried expression. 
"Your Highness!"
Prince Curtis immediately took an attack stance preparing to attack him, with the current situation better he considers all those who want to approach him are enemies.
The guard stopped in front of him and bowed. 
"Your Highness, they are after Her Majesty Queen Thea!"
"How do you know that ?!"
"I heard them say to search for the queen in every corner! The queen is in danger!" the guard replied in a panic.
"Tsk!" Prince Curtis clicked his tongue in annoyance, his mind deep in thought. In a state of being unable to distinguish between the enemies and his troops he cannot do anything, it would be better for him to protect what he clearly needs to protect his family.
"Detain the enemy forces!" he ordered.
"Yes, Your Highness!" answered the guard.
Without saying anything else, Prince Curtis ran to his family while praying in his heart that they were still safe.
Meanwhile, the guard silently followed him, followed by several other guards with the same white handkerchief tied to their arms.
Prince Curtis ran to where his mother and sister were hiding. What he was thinking now was to warn his family, since the enemy was currently hiding among their troops. 
'I must evacuate them out first.' He planned to take them out of the capital and take shelter elsewhere for a while.
Entering the king's chamber, he shifted a small handle behind a painting and a hidden room opened next to it. He immediately entered. 
"We must get out of here immediately! The enemy has disguised themselves as our army! I can't tell the difference!"
Upon hearing his words, Queen Thea and Princess Tuvania along with the guards came out following him out. But just as they were about to leave the room, several guards came in to block them out. Prince Curtis recognized that one of them was a guard who fought with the black sword. 
"Move!" Prince Curtis ordered. His fists are clenched and ready to attack.
The guard with the black sword responded with an evil smirk then gave his order.
 "Attack them!"
 
14