Second Arc (His Art of War) – 56. Fallensoar Family’s Bond I
595 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 56. Fallensoar Family's Bond I 
The enemies stormed towards them, Prince Curtis took an attack stance while his trusted guards pulled out their swords and moved to protect Queen Thea and Princess Tuvania.
The sound of clashing swords sounded as his trusted guards and enemies fought while Queen Thea and Princess Tuvania retreated to the corner of the room. Prince Curtis moved forward as he threw his punch at one of his enemies but suddenly a black sword restrained his attack. He stared intently at the dark blue-haired guard who was smirked before him.
"Tell me, who is your leader?!" he snapped, pushing his fist with all his might. Although no weapon could hurt a Fallensoar's descendant but he could still feel his hand throbbing with pain, which indicated that the black sword was not an ordinary sword.
"I am their leader, Your Highness," the guard replied sarcastically.
Prince Curtis smirked in response. 
"Then I will kill you and hang your head at the castle gate as a warning for others!" His feet threw a kick, tried to attack the guard's stomach but the guard immediately retreated to avoid him. Prince Curtis stepped forward and threw his fist repeatedly while the guard kept brushing him off with his sword. On several occasions, the guard managed to swing or stab his sword into Prince Curtis' body. But the sword couldn't hurt him and only managed to rip his uniform. This is why Prince Curtis is more worried about his mother's safety than himself or even his sister and understands why the enemy is after his mother. Because his mother is the only one in his family who can still be hurt by a weapon. 
They kept exchanging blows for a few minutes before both of them took their distance. Prince Curtis smirked once again. 
"Just give up! I will execute you without any pain!" he said confidently.
The guard replied with an evil smirk. 
"I'm not interested in being executed twice," he said, extending his hand which already emitted a dark aura towards Prince Curtis.
Prince Curtis gasped as soon as he saw the dark aura from the guard's hand. There was only one person who possessed that powerful power of darkness that could be used in the castle that had been protected by a 'magic shield'. Euphorion's Dark King, Angelus Raizel Moonfall.
'Didn't he just conquer Asteria? Even if he returned, he should be still in Luminus City. How could he be here ?! ' thought Prince Curtis, trying to step forward, but then he realized his body could not be moved anymore. Glancing down, his eyes widened when he realized his body was already bound by a dark aura.
Angel let out a condescending chuckle. He knew Prince Curtis could not be harmed by any weapon so he used their battle to flow his dark aura little by little to tie the prince. 
"Draconis will fall into my hands ..." His hand moved closer to Prince Curtis' head. Since Prince Curtis' body is very strong it will be very difficult to knock him out with physical attacks so he plans to make him pass out with his dark aura.
When his hand was just about to touch the prince's head, suddenly Queen Thea brushed his hand away and blocked him.
"Remove your dirty hands from my child!" she shouted. Her eyes stared angrily at Angel.
"Move!" Angel ordered. It's abstinence for him to hurt women and children in a war or fight. Likewise, when he fought in Asteria, if it wasn't for making King Gervis surrender faster in order to avoid too much bloodshed, he probably wouldn't have touched Ophelia at all.
"Mother, move!" said Prince Curtis as he struggled to get away.
But despite her son's words Queen Thea still did not move from her position.
Angel sighed, even though he had heard about the strong ties between the Fallensoar family members but he did not expect Queen Thea to interfere in his battle. He extended his hand to Queen Thea, intending to bind her with his dark aura. But he noticed a movement behind him. He turned and swung his sword.
-Trang!
A golden candle holder flew out of Princess Tuvania's hand who tried to attack him with it. Princess Tuvania looked surprised for a moment as she did not expect Angel to realize her attack, but a second later her eyes returned to look sharply towards him while Angel noticed another movement behind him.
Angel pulled Princess Tuvania into his arms and turned, his sword pressed to her neck, his other hand bent one of Princess Tuvania's hands to her back. A dagger held by Queen Thea stopped right in front of his face. 
"Back off!" he ordered.
Queen Thea did not move from her position with the same gaze. 
"Release my child!" replied Queen Thea.
"If you obey my command, I will release them. Now, back off!" he ordered again.
"Let them go!" screamed Prince Curtis as he continued to struggle as hard as he could. His eyes also looked at Angel with the same gaze as his mother.
Angel glanced around, though the Draconis guards were outnumbered by his army but they fought furiously. Seeing if he was in this situation for too long it would be unprofitable for him finally he decided to use another method. His dark aura flowing to Princess Tuvania made her consciousness disappear.
Queen Thea gasped in shock when she realized her daughter's consciousness was disappearing and tried to jab her dagger at him. Angel swung his sword, brushed aside the dagger that almost perforated his face while he placed his other hand on Princess Tuvania's back to prevent her from crashing onto the floor.
The dagger was thrown.
He quickly aimed his sword at Queen Thea's neck. His eyes were still staring intently at her.
"Back off!" he repeated with the king's frightening voice.
But Queen Thea kept staring sharply at him, while Prince Curtis shouted again.
"What kind of man are you ?! Let them go!"
"Queen Thea, I order you to retreat!" said Angel again, ignoring Prince Curtis's words. He did not expect the Fallensoar family to be more stubborn than his family.
"Let go of my child!" said Queen Thea in a firm tone without moving from her position.
'She is really stubborn.' He was thinking about how to make Queen Thea surrender without hurting her. He glanced around trying to find a way, but suddenly Queen Thea moved forward, trying to snatch Princess Tuvania from him. Queen Thea's side neck was scraped by Nightmare, red blood droplets came out of the scratch. Angel gasped in shock with her reckless movements and immediately moved his sword away from Queen Thea. 
When Queen Thea's hand almost touched Princess Tuvania, she suddenly staggered backwards, holding her head with a trembling body and cried out in fear as if seeing something frightening.
Angel clicked his tongue as he dropped Princess Tuvania slowly to the floor. His eyes focused on Queen Thea, who was about to fall. This is totally outside of his plan. 
"Mother !!!" shouted Prince Curtis, trying to escape as hard as he could.
"Dammit!" he muttered as he approached Queen Thea and caught her body that had almost hit the floor. His other hand immediately plunged his sword and reached out towards Queen Thea, trying to pull back the dark aura that entered her body because of Nightmare. Slowly the dark aura coming out of Queen Thea's body returned to him and she calmed down.
 
14