Second Arc (His Art of War) – 57. Fallensoar Family’s Bond II
557 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 57. Fallensoar Family's Bond II
Angel just let out a sigh of relief.
-Brakkkk!
A heavy object falling sound accompanied by Prince Curtis' shout could be heard.
"Release my mother!"
Angel glanced at him. Prince Curtis was already lying on the floor, struggling, trying to approach him desperately. His sweat trickled down to the floor, proving how hard he was trying.
A few minutes later, the entire Draconis' guards in the room were defeated and the remaining Euphorion troops surrounded, pointing their swords at Prince Curtis. But Prince Curtis paid no heed to them and continued to stare at Angel angrily as he struggled to get closer to him.
Seeing the Fallensoar family's struggles who tried to protect each other reminded him of the different circumstances of his family.
'Family ...' He took a glance to Queen Thea who passed out in his hand.
'A mother ...' He did not understand that feeling because he had never known his mother, that's why his father was everything for him. But somehow Queen Thea reminded him of his longing to find out who his mother was. 
He raised his head facing his troops.
"Call the royal doctor and some servants," he ordered.
His troops exchanged glances in confusion with his orders.
"Now!" he said again.
"Yes, Your Majesty." Then they immediately went to carry out his orders.
Angel brought Queen Thea to the bed and laid her down slowly while Prince Curtis shouted angrily once again.
"Release them and fight me like a real man! "
"I'm not interested in fighting someone who has lost," Angel said nonchalantly as he stepped toward Princess Tuvania, then he carried her and laid her beside Queen Thea.
He turned to Prince Curtis who looked confused by his actions.
"What are you going to do with them ?!" snapped Prince Curtis.
Angel responded with an evil smirk as he held out his hand, his dark aura reshaped his sword in it. Prince Curtis' eyes widened in surprise. 
"What are you going to do with them ?!" repeated  Prince Curtis. His worries sounded clearly from his voice.
"Calm down, I just want the doctor to check their condition," he said as he sheathed his sword. He took a chair and sat facing Prince Curtis. His legs crossed while his back was leaning into his chair, his hands resting on the armrests.
"Queen Thea has been injured by my sword. Although it is not severe, the illusion she just saw could damage her health," he explained.
Prince Curtis frowned in confusion and disbelief. Aren't they enemies? Why did Angel take the initiative to call a doctor to help his own enemy? Although Prince Curtis feels calmer because Angel does not seem to want to kill or hurt his family, but there could be other intentions of his actions. In addition he also felt confused, how could Angel possibly be in Dragon Cross City this fast?
"Why are you here?" asked Prince Curtis while his eyes were fixed on Angel.
Angel let out a condescending chuckle since Prince Curtis asked the same question as General Marshall.
"Fake rumours," he answered lightly.
Prince Curtis gritted his teeth in annoyance. It had never occurred to him or his father that information about Angel's whereabouts could have been falsified easily.
'He can manipulate information about his whereabouts ... I'm not surprised Asteria could fall into his hands in less than a month. He could even bring his troops across our border using our own army uniforms without getting caught and make us fight each other. '
"I didn't know that King of Euphorion was a cunning person!" he said in a sarcastic tone.
"Don't blame me for your ignorance. After all, wasn't your father is the one who challenge me in the first place?" Angel said lightly. He did not want the Pearl Gate City incident to repeat, so he would clear up all the potential threats for Euphorion.
Prince Curtis fell silent while turning his gaze in the other direction. From Angel's words, he could draw the conclusion that his father's letter had been found.
The sound of footsteps followed by the sound of the door being opened could be heard. The doctor and several servants entered the room in fear while several Euphorion troops were behind them.
"Treat the queen," he ordered the doctor.
"Y-Yes, Your Majesty." With alacrity, the doctor followed by several servants immediately approached Queen Thea to examine her.
Meanwhile, the Euphorion troops pulled Prince Curtis, trying to make him on his knees but Angel raised his hand, ordering them to stop.
"Bring him here and give him a seat," he ordered.
A seat was placed in front of him and they brought Prince Curtis to sit there.
"What do you want?" said Prince Curtis curtly.
"Draconis has fallen. All I have to do is make King Esteve sign a surrender statement," Angel said in a relaxed tone.
Prince Curtis snorted in annoyance.
"My father will not give up that easily!"
"Really?" Angel leaned over to Prince Curtis and smirked.
"His family's safety is in my hands. He has no choice but to give up."
'It would be very bad if father returned only with Artheur and some small army. Hopefully, he gets to Zephyrus and can get help from there, ' thought Prince Curtis, staring angrily at Angel.
Angel looked at Prince Curtis and tried to guess what he was thinking.
"If you think as long as your father can get to Zephyrus and ask them for help to free Draconis, then you will be disappointed."
Prince Curtis was surprised not to think that Angel could predict it.
'I knew it,' he thought after seeing Prince Curtis' expression.
"What are you going to do with my father and brother?" Prince Curtis said curtly, his eyes staring at Angel sharply. Angel estimates everything as if they are in his grasp.
He let out a breath and leaned his back against his chair. A devious smile adorned his face.
"I will pick them up to meet their beloved family."
 
14