Second Arc (His Art of War) – 59. Dragon Shield Town has Fallen
531 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 59. Dragon Shield Town has Fallen 
-BOOM!
A huge explosion sound from the gate turned General Cody's attention back to the battle before him. The gate was destroyed, throwing the gate's remnants in all directions, creating clouds of dust.
"Explosion!" General Cody ordered.
At the same time, Gale also gave his orders. 
"Archers, Swordsmen spread out! Magic users barrier!"
Draconis' magic users 'explosion spell' was fired at Euphorion's troops but because each team of Euphorion troops had a magic user that protected them with a 'magic barrier', Draconis' explosions could only knock down a few of them.
"Tsk!" General Cody clicked his tongue in annoyance. 
"Prepare to engage the enemies in the close range!" he ordered. Right now he had no choice but to rely on close combat. He stepped back into the headquarters to greet the enemy at close range while his mind was deep in thought because of his worries of Dragon Cross City's condition, especially regarding the royal family's safety. But with the Dragon Shield Town's current condition, he could not mobilize his troops to the capital. He could only hope that General Jasper could look after the royal family, but of course, he knew that the emergency signal was a sign that Dragon Cross City's situation was not much different from this town situation. 
'All I can do is defend Dragon Shield Town and immediately help them.'
But then he went back into the dilemma because his effort could be in vain if he succeeded in defending Dragon Shield Town, but was too late to save the capital and the royal family.
His mind drowned into heavy consideration between his duty to defend the town and the royal family's safety. Finally, he decided to prioritize the royal family's safety and abandon the Dragon Shield Town to the enemy. 
'I must save the king's family because without them Draconis would completely fall into the enemy's hand.' 
Meanwhile, Gale and his troops break into the headquarters. The clash between the two kingdoms' troops was unavoidable. The situation turned chaotic, the sound of swords clashing mixed with screams of pain could be heard in all directions, the soldiers' blood-splattered soaking the floor and walls. Gale continued to shoot his arrows to the enemies while occasionally bent down to avoid the enemy's attack.
General Cody swung his mace to kill the enemy before him, his feet stepped quickly to get out of there. But a few seconds later, his eyes caught Gale who was fighting not far from him. His blood was boiling, the enemy's general was in front of him, of course, he didn't want to waste this opportunity.
Suddenly, General Cody swung his mace right behind Gale. Gale noticed at the last moment and restrained General Cody's mace with his bow. His other hand formed a new arrow and turned around while thrust it at him, General Cody retreated to avoid it.
Gale pulled his bow and fired his arrow at General Cody.
General Cody dodged but Gale’s arrow passed over the side of General Cody's neck, scratching it while General Cody advanced while swinging his mace at Gale. Gale's hand formed another arrow as he raised it to resist his attack and crashed the tip of his big bow into General Cody's stomach.
General Cody staggered back as he held his stomach in pain while Gale raised his bow and aimed it right at General Cody's neck.
 "Just give up, General!" said Gale. 
General Cody tilted his head slightly and spat to mock him. 
"In your dreams!" he said curtly with a displeased face, his hand moved swiftly, trying to brush off his arrow but before he could do so, Gale shifted his bow and shot him in his left shoulder.
"Arghhhhh!" General Cody screamed in pain, but even so, his hand still swung his mace. Gale ducked down as he released his beloved bow and formed two new arrows.
"Argggg!" General Cody's scream came again as Gale stabbed his arrows at General Cody's legs. Which was followed by a loud crash.
-Brakkkk!
General Cody's large body fell to the floor, at the same time Gale grabbed his bow and stood while his hand formed a new arrow.
"Surrender now!" said Gale, pointing his arrow at General Cody, who lay before him.
"Never!" General Cody threw the mace in his hand at Gale.
Gale lowered his head to dodge and hit General Cody's head with the tip of his large bow.
-Brakk!
In one blow General Cody passed out.
Gale sighed in annoyance as his eyes were fixed on General Cody who was unconscious before him. 
"I told you to give up, but you're stubborn. Now I must carry you. It's really troublesome!" he grumbled while returned his bow to his back. His hands were clamped on General Cody's body and tried to pull him with difficulty.
'He's so heavy! Does he eat cakes every day?! '
He let go of his hand in annoyance and swept his gaze at the battle between his troops and the Draconis troops around him. His bow was raised and his arrows flew to kill several of his enemies. His troops were shocked because their enemies suddenly collapsed in front of them. 
"Hey! Help me to bring this person to the balcony!" Gale ordered his troops.
"Yes, General!" they answered.
Yes, from the beginning he had planned to use General Cody to get the Draconis troops to surrender faster.
They brought General Cody to the balcony. Then Gale pointed his arrow at General Cody's neck and shouted. 
"Surrender now! Your General is in my hands!" A proud smile showed on his face.
But of course, his voice sank in the battle's noise. While their concentration was on the enemies in front of them, there was no one who turned to him, neither the Euphorion army nor the Draconis army.
After a while he was ignored, Gale's face turned sour. One of his troops noticed and gave him a suggestion. 
"Maybe your voice isn't loud enough, General."
Gale cleared his throat and shouted again with all his might. 
"SURRENDER NOW! YOUR GENERAL IS IN MY HANDS!"
Even though some of the Euphorion troops turned their heads, but their enemies made them return their attention to the battle before them.
Annoyed at being ignored, Gale aimed his bow at them and showered them with dull arrows to attract their attention.
Their attention was diverted to him after the arrow hit them. Gale formed another arrow and pointed it at General Cody who was being held by his subordinates. 
"Surrender now! Your General is in my hands!"
After seeing it, the Draconis troops dropped their weapons one by one and Euphorion troops immediately aimed their weapons. While the proud smile returned to Gale's face because this time he managed to carry out the mission without messing up.
10